FromageTheDog

Whatever happened to the M-07?

As the subject says, whatever happened to the M-07?  Seems like only the RWD M-08 is readily available these days.  Was angling for a new FWD chassis and would rather not another M-05...

I always thought M-07 was a concept chassis, so limited run. It didn't even come with a body.

2 hours ago, yogi-bear said:

I always thought M-07 was a concept chassis, so limited run. It didn't even come with a body.

It has a standard 58xxx number so not a limited edition. Concept is just a name Tamiya have played with for the current generation of "race" M-chassis.

There were M-07s in the UK shops a few weeks ago, don't know when they will be back, better off asking a shop to get an ETA from their distributor. 

The kit is 5 years old now and Tamiya are a law unto themselves when it comes to production runs.

1 hour ago, sosidge said:

It has a standard 58xxx number so not a limited edition. Concept is just a name Tamiya have played with for the current generation of "race" M-chassis.

There were M-07s in the UK shops a few weeks ago, don't know when they will be back, better off asking a shop to get an ETA from their distributor. 

The kit is 5 years old now and Tamiya are a law unto themselves when it comes to production runs.

very true, it always seemed to me an odd-ball release though. I managed to get one a couple of years ago, but they never to me seemed that prevalent, and not cheap. I wonder if they got what they needed from it or if they've done the same to any other chassis?

the m07 kits will regularly dry up from time to time, must just be tamiya's procustion run. the m07 is not a limited edition, however the m07R was, and those sold out a few years back. 

the standard m07, with upgraded shocks is all you will ever need, fantastic little cars. i started racing one earlier this year, and prefer it to my xray x4! 

i like the look of the m08r, but not sure it would be much good on the low grip carpet we use. 

• Like 1

I bought an M07 concept a few months ago in the UK . Details in the builds thread, so they are still available. Got mine from Fusion hobbies one of our sponsors.

They are still available. They do sell out as they are a popular chassis for club racing as they are basically perfect to run, even box stock.

A friend and his son bought two only last week. Shops always get them back in stock. 

• Like 2

My local club here in Calgary, Canada, has a Mini class day every 2 weeks.
All M class Tamiya chassis are allowed.
Recent A Main winners have run, M03, M05, M07 and M08.
I run an 07 and an 08.  I find the 07 a little quicker when the track is a little more technical.
I just ordered some new spare parts for the 07 this week.
Super popular at my club.