Sign in to follow this  
Kalamity

46302 Toyota Corolla WRC QD Sports

Hi,

So today I acquired one of these Qd chasis cars, the Toyota Corolla WRC, its in pretty good shape and works, although the battery is almost dead. It came complete but the box is a bit battered, the car is used but the shell is in very good shape (a couple of stickers peeling off in the edges but nothing bad)

Is it worth selling? 

I bought it out of impulse as I also have a non Tamiya Clio shell that shares the wheelbase and wanted a chassis to run/display the bodies, but if I want to run it, I would be better off buying a used Ta03... but I dont want a new chassis, but then if its not going to be run, I could just get a 3d printed display chassis.... but, if, also.... whatever

Any thoughts?

5CC2DA01-371D-4B5C-A2A0-BA2A10293AC9.JPG

B3A05C74-07C1-4327-9BD5-88E357849A3F.JPG

IMG_5306.jpg

• Like 2

I think this makes a great display piece, less so a runner. A Ta03 might serve you better if you want some casual running but parts are also harder to come by. I think an FF03 might be another option with shorter wheelbase

7 hours ago, Smirrors said:

I think this makes a great display piece, less so a runner. A Ta03 might serve you better if you want some casual running but parts are also harder to come by. I think an FF03 might be another option with shorter wheelbase

Thanks for your answer! Totally agree with you, I didnt want to go down the rabbit hole of a new chassis (specially one not in production anymore) just for these two shells, and for display it looks much better than a 3d printed chassis, so unless someone tells me that it could sell for a nice amount I think its a keeper.

I also explored the possibility of buying a short wheelbase XV01 kit from Embie racing, but you cant use the belt cover and that makes using it on dirt a bit more difficult, but as I already have one and plenty of spares I might give it a thought.

I have never driven a shorter wheelbase (only M size chassis), how do they behave? is it noticeable or different in any way?

It should be worth something, but personally for me unless I got it cheap, I would rather a proper RC version. There would be a collector out there for it.

The other thing is these bodies don't have the regular holes in them so you would devalue and ruin the clean look if you decided to run them. Or get magnetic mounts and hope the stance works with whatever chassis you use.

• Like 1

Hi! I converted one of my FF-03 to rally and short wheelbase. I did it to fit my Corolla WRC body.

The FF-03 maybe an old chassis but parts are still available. Although some hop ups are very hard to find now, the stock ones can easily be purchased from several sites.

Below left is the short wheelbase. The nice thing about the FF-03 is the wheelbase can be adjusted to three length options. 

t9iWkqvh.jpg

4J7qyK4h.jpg

t5o2jrZh.jpg

PhOJgUJh.jpg

pKVuQZG.jpg

k5FaTV5h.jpg

BoBKE1Ph.jpg

22ZZzL8h.jpg

• Like 2