Golden

New, and new old stuff…

It feels like it’s gone a bit quiet on the rere and new release front? It feels like something new (or rereleased) was about to “drop” (as the kids say…..) every month last year and the year before, perhaps cashing-in on lock down boredom and the general fervour of rediscovery of the hobby for many? 

I guess a long term strategy has to be taken by Tamiya to drip-feed things things through - but their catalogue is quite extensive, and I want some more rere kits!

Am I being impatient (as stamps foot….)?!

I'm with you.  I'd like a re-run of a few kits I've missed since only getting back into the hobby recently e.g. the Boomerang...

Yeah I've noticed how quiet things are at the moment I think the last  prominent re-release was the optima mid (not taking into account the pro cat which was announced then quickly released! Well done schumacher;)) maybe it this global shortage of everything at the moment? Although I do think there is a bit of hud winking with certain things in relation to that? I'm suprised that tamiya haven't put a few more buggies out on the TD4/TD2 chassis and that on road chassis formula E gen2 kit-_- 

• Like 2

I think the supply is just taking too long right now and slowing things down. My Egress Black order has been pushed out 3 times already for me.. order placed early September..(?)

I would be interested in a Super Egress TD4 if new.. 

• Like 1

Yes. Interesting on shortages. I’ve just received my Mitsubishi Evo V kit (preordered ages ago….) and it has what looks to be a hobbywing 1060 esc in it, but with a random logo and a black heat sink (I’ve had a couple of carson branded equivalents too in other kits this year). 

Let’s hope for some announcements in the new year!

• Like 1

On 11/4/2022 at 3:54 AM, Twinfan said:

I'm with you.  I'd like a re-run of a few kits I've missed since only getting back into the hobby recently e.g. the Boomerang...

I REALLY wish they would do another run of The Boomerang.  I sold my NIB one (embarrassingly cheap) a LONG time ago, and have been wanting another one ever since...

On 11/4/2022 at 4:27 AM, moffman said:

I'm suprised that tamiya haven't put a few more buggies out on the TD4/TD2 chassis and that on road chassis formula E gen2 kit-_- 

Agreed, I thought for sure the TC01 chassis would have some new bodies by now (it has been 2 years...), and I figured the TD4/TD4 would as well (1 year and counting).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

I REALLY wish they would do another run of The Boomerang.  I sold my NIB one (embarrassingly cheap) a LONG time ago, and have been wanting another one ever since...

Agreed, I thought for sure the TC01 chassis would have some new bodies by now (it has been 2 years...), and I figured the TD4/TD4 would as well (1 year and counting).

Is TC01 the chassis on that formula E gen2? Tamiya over the last few years have really dragged their heels on things compared to what they used to do pre covid?

16 hours ago, moffman said:

Is TC01 the chassis on that formula E gen2? Tamiya over the last few years have really dragged their heels on things compared to what they used to do pre covid?

Yup, that's the one.  I thought for sure they'd do another Formula E livery at least, or drop on a nice full fender shell (how cool would the new McLaren Senna shell be on the TC01 instead of the TT02?).  But nothing.  Especially odd since the chassis seems to be pretty well received.  Oh well.

I guess none of us really know what they are up to at "Big Tamiya", or what constraints they are up against.  At my "real job" we have new products that have been on the shelves and ready to release since May/June... buuuuut, we're still waiting on packaging/boxes, and so the new stuff sits quietly unannounced.  For all we know, Tamiya could have 12 new released in the cannon ready to fire, but they might be hung up on one goofy little detail?

On the plus side, at least it gives us arm chair scholars much to discuss and debate... :lol:

• Like 3