Pylon80

Interesting body clips!

I stumbled upon these and I must say I find it really smart. In this hobby as well as in my other hobbies or at work I appreciate a simple idea that makes something really slick and efficient.

I really like the idea of securing 2 body posts in one swift motion and while I don't think I will be paying 7$ of shipping for them :D (and I certainly don't like the color) I want to source some material to make my own (perhaps some music wire?). Material suggestions welcomed!

image.png.233dd1e0dcf0af3295c22bcb7ac2735d.png

So far I have been using either 1)  nothing or the kit included black clips when the car is on the shelf or 2) some old clips secured to each other by a tiny cable inside a clear tube, crimped on either ends. I bought these in Japan years ago and havent' really seen anyone using them. I have only one set so I take it with me when I take a touring style car out for a run as it makes removing the clips so much faster for setup tweaks or to access the battery etc. They look like these below:

image.png.bde5650fc67fc19a9fb6c8bb033ca34a.png

That style has been around for a long time. I find them a pain. Not many bodies have uninterrupted clear air between the body posts, you end up manhandling the pointy loose end into the opposite post, takes more effort than just using two clips...

• Like 2

I use them on tre Grasshornet. I have drilled holes in the rear rollcage, so they match the Hornet body mounts. For this purpose they are perfect. 

DSC_0007.JPG

• Like 1

I knew it would be these before opening the post 😄 Some came on a second hand car I bought some time ago. Mid-late 90s thing.

XWkLJJ4.jpeg

• Like 1