Sign in to follow this  
Nikko85

Tamiya Quick Drives

Got a few upgraded Quick Drives for sale. I've gone on about how much I love these, so selling them might seem somewhat odd to some reading. The fact is I've fairly run out of space and got a few more projects on the go. I'd really rather these were sold to someone who will keep them and enjoy them for what they are.

Both the Monster trucks have been upgraded to brushless motors, using the 2030 Ezrun Combo. These give the trucks huge speed - much greater than you'd think. Both trucks have been widened using the GF01 wheels and a 12 mm hex mod at the front. This widens the track width considerably, which gives much more stability. Each will come with a basic RX/TX.

hMJIG0Z.jpg

The truck with white wheels will come with a 12T motor and Li-Ion. This is very fast. It will also come with a spare 1/14 Ford body, that looks a little like a Clod. This will also come with spare parts photographed for future proof running.

TckNVUz.jpg

The black Pumpkin is powered by 8 x AA (not included) and an 18T motor, this is a little slower, but don't be fooled, it's not slow by any means. 

The King Cab mini would really suit a fan of the King Cab. It's made with a cut down QD chassis, which has been very nicely reduced to fit the body, which is a Taiyo 1/16 scale. Full servo, all new esc and 370 motor gives lots of power and it's a hoot to drive around. Although the build states a brushless combo, I've since put in an 1060 and 370 motor which is nicer to drive, quieter and still gives some pep. 

eGcEW5n.jpg

As for prices, looking at around £70 each. That's possibly less than parts (excluding chassis), and much less than it would cost to make again, but I need some space, and they are perhaps a little niche! 

Sorry @Problemchild here are some more pictures. I believe the wheelbase is around 190 mm.

Here it is next to my fake QD Clod (similar size to a real QD Clod)

wZ6BTbF.jpg

k2V8ICu.jpg

eGcEW5n.jpg

qgFotkc.jpg

8ei6Riw.jpg

And next to a 7.2 NiMH pack

8 hours ago, Nikko85 said:

Sorry @Problemchild here are some more pictures. I believe the wheelbase is around 190 mm.

Here it is next to my fake QD Clod (similar size to a real QD Clod)

wZ6BTbF.jpg

k2V8ICu.jpg

eGcEW5n.jpg

qgFotkc.jpg

8ei6Riw.jpg

And next to a 7.2 NiMH pack

Fantastic 

like I said, I'll take it 

JJ

Great. Sorry for the delay I will take it down from left tomorrow. It's been very full on at work and home and I've only got a limited window of time to make noise (i.e. go in loft) without incurring the wrath of baby, (and wife, and Khan too I guess)

On 11/21/2022 at 8:34 PM, Nikko85 said:

Great. Sorry for the delay I will take it down from left tomorrow. It's been very full on at work and home and I've only got a limited window of time to make noise (i.e. go in loft) without incurring the wrath of baby, (and wife, and Khan too I guess)

Hey - no probs and no rush 

keep me in the loop 

JJ

Selling your Quick drives???

Shame on you, the only thing that you should do to console yourself is to buy more quick drives. 

The best thing about bashing 25 year old cars???.

There's 20 of them!!!!. Baboom....

Here all week folks..

21 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Selling your Quick drives???

Shame on you, the only thing that you should do to console yourself is to buy more quick drives. 

The best thing about bashing 25 year old cars???.

There's 20 of them!!!!. Baboom....

Here all week folks..

actually after some consideration, I'm just going to let this King Cab go. I've put an MN-45 body on one, and I've got the other in a loft for my son, when he's old enough.