Sign in to follow this  
burakol

Fitting an OG wing on a TBG Super Sabre repro body

I recently acquired an OG Super Sabre but the body was in rough shape. Fortunately, Team Blue Groove was making a reproduction body for it so I ordered one. I knew that the repro body doesn’t come with the under wing piece that covers the shock mounts but I was planning on reusing the one from the original body anyway… what I didnt expect was the repro body seems to be slightly smaller fit and the underwing piece does not fit well without having to squeeze or bent to place. I was thinking I cut cut some pieces of the underwing part, or maybe even heat it a bit to make it curve a little… or is there any other way I can resize a polycarb body? Can i cut of the underwing in two pieces and glue it back together with a shoogoo? I really want this underwing to fit in order to keep the original look of the car. 

I just saw this on YT by Tamiya Legends…

at about 2:05 time mark he discussed what I am referring to. 

TBG bodies are copies from the Tamiya bodies so they have different dimension because they don't start from the mould.

Max

34 minutes ago, kontemax said:

TBG bodies are copies from the Tamiya bodies so they have different dimension because they don't start from the mould.

Max

Hi,

yes I’ve realized that now but I have to make use of what I have. Is it possible to cut and glue lexan or polycarb body together?