DrGoatboy

Non Tamiya kit to run 3s

I'm thinking of treating myself for Xmas. I have some 3s batteries I used to run in my axial yeti (which I sold as I got bored of it always being on its roof) can anyone recommend a kit that will take a 3s and be half decent for high speed off road?

Don't think Tamiya do anything like that but I am really not up on anything else. Any thoughts? Prefer not to spend £500+

An alternative thought (but wouldn't take 3s) is a procat.... (Always wanted a Schumacher!)

• Like 1

I would look at the Team Associated MT10 Rival, they are fast, tough, and fantastic fun, while also being relatively cheap compared to the equivalents from other manufacturers IMO

5 minutes ago, BuggyGuy said:

I would look at the Team Associated MT10 Rival, they are fast, tough, and fantastic fun, while also being relatively cheap compared to the equivalents from other manufacturers IMO

Thanks @BuggyGuy That does look good, in fact it looks perfect, but I was really hoping to get a self build kit and unless I missed it looks like it is RTR only :(

Just now, DrGoatboy said:

Thanks @BuggyGuy That does look good, in fact it looks perfect, but I was really hoping to get a self build kit and unless I missed it looks like it is RTR only :(

Yeah they are only available RTR, my other suggestion would have been a Kyosho Outlaw Rampage, but they are also RTR only.

Maybe the Traxxas Slash? Most are RTR but they do a kit as well unde part number TRX58014-4

Edit: Traxxas Stampede is also available in kit form

• Thanks 1

I also got quite excited about the kyosho mad wagon until I realized that was RTR only too.

Slash looks like a good option though, thanks!

38 minutes ago, DrGoatboy said:

I also got quite excited about the kyosho mad wagon until I realized that was RTR only too.

Slash looks like a good option though, thanks!

You won't find any kits in the 3s basher market. The Associated Rival as mentioned earlier is worth considering. As are the ARRMA range (Granite etc.). Traxxas are overpriced in the UK IMHO.

You've also got plenty of off-brand 3s bashers out there which are a bargain if they work but don't have the parts support of the big names.

3 minutes ago, sosidge said:

You won't find any kits in the 3s basher market. The Associated Rival as mentioned earlier is worth considering. As are the ARRMA range (Granite etc.). Traxxas are overpriced in the UK IMHO.

You've also got plenty of off-brand 3s bashers out there which are a bargain if they work but don't have the parts support of the big names.

Boo. That is a shame. Seems to be increasingly the case that kits are out of fashion.

• Like 1

I'd recommend the lunchbox, I have an awesome manual to accompany the build that is easily obtainable for the swap of one your family members......

3s battery install available in the long awaited upcoming next installment of the best ever build manual, available free to owners of goats everywhere.

12 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

I'd recommend the lunchbox, I have an awesome manual to accompany the build that is easily obtainable for the swap of one your family members......

3s battery install available in the long awaited upcoming next installment of the best ever build manual, available free to owners of goats everywhere.

I can only imagine how constantly upside down a 3s lunchbox is. I do happily already have one in the fleet. Intrigued to see how you fit a bigger battery. However no goats will be harmed in the making of that lunchie...

• Like 1

The secret is to add lots of weight in the front, and also where the original battery should be and strap a small capacity 3s to the tray on the back. 

For extra stealth, leave an old nicad in the bottom shelf that looks like it's wired up. 

12 hours ago, DrGoatboy said:

Nice looking but of kit!!!

Shame about the shipping, I wish fibrelyte would create similar designs, or someone with CAD skills did........