Sign in to follow this  
Nesrak

TT-02 dust cover

I think this is the right place to post this so,

I'm looking at getting a dust cover for my TT-02 but I'm wondering, will the motor and ESC get hot? Just pure plastic and not even mesh seems weird...

I haven't tried the cover but if your motor and esc get hot without the cover they will definitely get hotter with it on.

You can either run a cooler motor, cut some air vents in the cover or cut some vents and attach a fan to the cover - with strategic placement to try to keep the cover effective.

I haven't tried this either but a desktop computer cooling technique is positive pressure where you blow the fan into the case/cover, to increase the pressure inside so it's "pushing out" all the time, to stop dust from getting in. It might help with the fine dust build up from running in dry dirty conditions.

@Nesrak Are you running a brushed motor?  If so, I suggest going brushless and run mild gearing to match your current speed.  That will keep everything cool to the touch... not only that, it will extend your run time as brushless is much more efficient.  

Cooling fan does work, but since the objective is to keep dust out you'll probably want to run cooler running electronics from start.. unless it's like a liquid cooling system with radiator and fan on the outside of the housing like on a real car engine.. 

GL with your decision.

@Nesrak I've been running the dust cover successfully without any overheating issues on my TT-02 RWD rally car. Using stock slivercan + TT-02 aluminum cooler, stock gearing (22/70), TBLE-04S ESC + Raspberri-Pi 30x30 fan. Even when running several NiMh packs in tropical weather there are no heat issues. I would recommend having a fan on the ESC to keep it cool and ensure there is some degree of air movement within the cover. Raspberri-Pi fans are very cheap.

Datsun-RWD.JPG

• Like 2