OldUser

Tried everything to regain access of my old account.

Sorry to bother everybody here, but I tried everything to regain access of my old account on TC in the last (several) months, without success.

I lost access to my previous email and need to swap access to a new one.

I Can prove in several ways that the account "il_maligno" #4487 is mine.

- Tried to send an email to NetsmithUK in reply on the very first subsciption. No reply.

- Tried to follow the section for opening a support ticket. I always get an error "You are not allowed to access this page".

Now I am trying to write this as a new user: Is there ad Admin here ta can help me to regain access of my old account? I was a subscriber back in the days, and would like to get back to it, if possibile..

• Like 2

On 11/19/2022 at 8:57 AM, Kevin_Mc said:

@netsmithUK is the one you need to talk to, not sure if @TWINSETcan do anything to help

And how can I get in touch with @netsmithUK?

- It's not possible to send him a PM.

- He didn't answer any of my e-mails.

- He does not seems to come here...frequently.

On 11/21/2022 at 5:00 PM, OldUser said:

And how can I get in touch with @netsmithUK?

- It's not possible to send him a PM.

- He didn't answer any of my e-mails.

- He does not seems to come here...frequently.

Still nothing.....

Hi @OldUser has this been addressed now? I did send a message to @netsmithUK but I am unable to access account information etc in any way as it sits outside the forum.

18 hours ago, acprc said:

Hi @OldUser has this been addressed now? I did send a message to @netsmithUK but I am unable to access account information etc in any way as it sits outside the forum.

Hi @acprc and thanks for your message. No, I still do not have news from @netsmithUK about how I can access my old account changing the registration email.

10 hours ago, OldUser said:

Hi @acprc and thanks for your message. No, I still do not have news from @netsmithUK about how I can access my old account changing the registration email.

I will email Chris directly outside of the forum and ask him to have a look, apologies for the delay.

Just now, acprc said:

I will email Chris directly outside of the forum and ask him to have a look, apologies for the delay.

Thank You very much @acprc I appreciate Your help.

On 1/18/2023 at 6:15 PM, acprc said:

Hello, any news?..

@OldUser looks like it’s been 3 months since you posted your request for help, and a real shame it does not seemed to have progressed. A suggestion - the club Facebook page has an email which Chris does sometimes seem to respond to, so you might want to try that - see pic. That said, I thought I’d lucked out trying to get some new Tamiya cars listed on the main site when my email got answered straight away a couple of weeks ago, albeit the model numbers don’t seem to have been added yet despite a follow up email. Quite perplexing! 

B07A2710-2257-4664-A3E4-5EFEDA115D13.jpeg

Sorry all,

I feel like I am promising the earth and delivering nothing at the moment. The moderators dont have any access to accounts to help.

I have emailed Chris again.

Adam

Hi All.

I will do my best to resolve this today. Have to be clear - Adam has pushed this as far as he could, its me that has failed to deliver. Will update shortly.

Regards

Chris

• Like 1

Hello again, just to thanks Chris, Adam, everyone who helped me (not OldUser anymore) to regain access of My old Account.

It's nice to be back.

• Like 2

I've tried also to get my old user ID back and nothing has ever been done.  Is there a way to combine my new and old accounts?  minijosh was my original one and I can't send any messages to any admin.  Yes it's been years since I've used any of the old emails or even this site but I'm slowly getting back into it.  @netsmithUK @acprc

13 hours ago, joshuaT said:

I've tried also to get my old user ID back and nothing has ever been done.  Is there a way to combine my new and old accounts?  minijosh was my original one and I can't send any messages to any admin.  Yes it's been years since I've used any of the old emails or even this site but I'm slowly getting back into it.  @netsmithUK @acprc

Combining accounts is not possible and I can't change existing accounts just on an email request for obvious security reasons. If you can send me ANY email that has been sent to you from the club (complete with headers/dates) or have any sort of PayPal transaction ID of a payment to the club (eg subscription) then I can reset the old account for you and close the new one down.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

Combining accounts is not possible and I can't change existing accounts just on an email request for obvious security reasons. If you can send me ANY email that has been sent to you from the club (complete with headers/dates) or have any sort of PayPal transaction ID of a payment to the club (eg subscription) then I can reset the old account for you and close the new one down.

I'll see what I can find but not sure if PayPal goes back into the 2000's

Well my paypal doesn't go back that far. Is there a way I can contact you Chris?  I don't want to send info on here.

Just want to say thanks to Chris very much for over 20 years of maintaining this website.  I'm not a Facebook fan and I enjoy the old school nature of this. So many things and people have come and gone over two decades and it has truly been a pleasure to keep being able to tune in and cruise this site. This hobby has been a 40 year on and off distraction for me and I know many others with so much water having passed under that bridge. So THANKS very much for being here and giving my and many others' random RC interests some relevance and confirmation.  Great job.  

• Like 2