Misterp180

TT-02BR Chassis Kit

BC67281F-C1E7-465F-A122-3A79D68AED62.jpeg.135fb38a5d8d726756ee73b636f6e8fb.jpeg

58717 1/10 R/C TT-02BR Chassis Kit

Tamiya is delighted to announce the release of the TT-02BR chassis in the TT-02B series which is

popular among off-road racers. The TT-02BR chassis is an upgraded version

of the TT-02B chassis kit with a wealth of parts, plus new aluminium propeller

joints and carbon fibre damper stays to ensure range of setup adjustments.

★ Included Hop-up Option Parts ★

Aluminum propeller joints *New! / Carbon fiber damper stays *New!

Item 22049: XV-02/TT-02 Oil Gear Differential Unit

Item 54501: TT-02 Aluminum Propeller Shaft

Item 54768: 06 Module Hard Coated Aluminum Pinion Gear (17T)

Item 54993: TT-02B/DF-03 Aluminum Damper Set

Item 53793: DF-02 Two-Way Aluminum Rear Uprights

Item 54539: TT-02B Full Turnbuckle Set

Item 53791: DF-02 Assembly Universal Shaft

Item 53880: Large Dish Wheels (4WD/Front, 62/25)

Item 53881: Large Dish Wheels (Rear, 62/35)

Item 54211: TRF201 Rear Wing Set

Item 54815: TT-02B Reinforced Gear Covers & Lower Suspension Arms (2pcs.)

Item 54926: TT-02 Lower Deck (Hard/Black)

About the Model

• This is a 1/10 scale R/C chassis assembly kit. • Drivetrain uses Item 22049 to adjust the effectiveness of gear differential by using different oil viscosities. *Diff. joint cups are designed for this chassis kit for improved durability. • New front and rear damper stays give more set up options of oil dampers and upper arms. • Using front and rear universal drive shafts ensures stable drivetrain regardless of suspension stroke. • Propeller shafts have plastic parts at joint sections of aluminum joint cups and shafts to limit wear of joint cups. • Includes two rear wings - Neo Scorcher kit-standard one (transparent) and Item 54211 (TRF201 Rear Wing Set). Change wing stay when using Item 54211. • Item 54211 includes two wide design wings to adjust downforce depending on running surface condition, and wing stay spacers are also included to adjust rear wing angle. • 4~6mm longer turnbuckle shafts help prevent plastic adjuster sections from deforming to ensure improved suspension movement. • Steering linkage with flange pipes feature improved durability by attachment using hex head screws and lock nuts compared to attachment using 3x18 step screws. • Features full ball bearings. • Comes with a carrying case dedicated for the TT-02BR chassis. • Please note that battery pack, motor, tires and R/C equipment are not included. • Includes Neo Scorcher body (transparent). *Please note that Neo Scorcher coloring stickers are not included.

No Motor or ESC Included

• Like 2

Looks like quite the kit but at £375 RRP it is over £250 more than a standard TT02B which comes with ESC, motor and tyres.

I am certainly interested as I love my TT02B, but it is also at the same price as the recent 4wd Kyosho Legendary models. You can also get a Top Force Evo Rere for the same money!

• Like 5

So most places have it listed for around £340. I priced up as much of the parts on RCJaz as possible and think it is pretty good value for the money if you want to hop up a TT02B. However, would it be better than 4wd buggies at the £340 price point? 
Shame Tamiya didn’t include the steering upgrades and motor plate as standard too. 
Looks like it is coming in April 2023

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Misterp180 said:

However, would it be better than 4wd buggies at the £340 price point? 

That’s what I wonder. Same with the SRX I guess.  Will it be £60-£70 better than the TA08 Pro? 

6 minutes ago, Nick-W said:

That’s what I wonder. Same with the SRX I guess.  Will it be £60-£70 better than the TA08 Pro? 

It is the same price £340 most places

• Like 1

TD4 is much better choice if your thinking about going to a track with an in production Tamiya 4WD buggy IMO

Edit: If they could increase the wheelbase, provide a slipper clutch, and increase the ride height a bit it could be more viable for racing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Misterp180 said:

Looks like quite the kit but at £375 RRP it is over £250 more than a standard TT02B which comes with ESC, motor and tyres.

I am certainly interested as I love my TT02B, but it is also at the same price as the recent 4wd Kyosho Legendary models. You can also get a Top Force Evo Rere for the same money!

Agreed, and unless I did not read correctly, it does not address the fundamental short coming of ground clearance of the standard TT02B.  The car is fantastic for bashing around the house (uneven sidewalks, gravel, and some off-road), but true off road?  Not sure, thing bottoms out all the time..no? 

It's really only 'popular' as far as volume because it is their budget chassis...  I don't mean to sound negative, but just point out facts.  

• Like 2

Price point seems wildly out of touch with the current economic state in most of their markets.

• Like 3

The silly factor makes me want a a top spec TT02B but I could never justify the cost.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Willy iine said:

It's really only 'popular' as far as volume because it is their budget chassis...  I don't mean to sound negative, but just point out facts.  

You might be right about the popularity. It is a very capable hobby chassis though. I priced up the hop ups and there is a considerable saving versus hopping it up after purchase. 

6 hours ago, isomer1 said:

Price point seems wildly out of touch with the current economic state in most of their markets.

I think you might be right.

It does come with a carry case though 😁

• Haha 2

This just seems nuts to me. I'm not a fan of the TT02 variants at the best of times, and the cost of the 2 new releases just seems mental. The TT02BR is about 70% of the price of a race kit and won't have anywhere near the performance, but for the TT02SRX you could have an Xpress XQ10 which is miles ahead. No idea who they are hoping will buy these

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Blista said:

The silly factor makes me want a a top spec TT02B but I could never justify the cost.

That is my problem at the moment. I really want it as the chassis is easy to maintain with part availability. There are just a load of other RCs at that price point which I also want to experience and I already have a TT02B. 

• Like 1

@Jonathon Gillham Was about to write exactly same! That is a stupid price. Obviously the dire state of the Pound exchange rate is having an effect first being felt here, but at that price point I am getting an Optima Mid all day long. And if I really want Tamiya, as someone else said, TD4 with slipper and decent diffs would still be under that price. Madness. 

• Like 3

Just now, ThunderDragonCy said:

@Jonathon Gillham Was about to write exactly same! That is a stupid price. Obviously the dire state of the Pound exchange rate is having an effect first being felt here, but at that price point I am getting an Optima Mid all day long. And if I really want Tamiya, as someone else said, TD4 with slipper and decent diffs would still be under that price. Madness. 

Yeah this just seems way out of touch. People say the TRF420X is outdated and overpriced, but at least it can keep up with the latest Xray/Yokomo/Xpress etc.

Why didn't Tamiya offer the TA08R and TD4R?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Yeah this just seems way out of touch. People say the TRF420X is outdated and overpriced, but at least it can keep up with the latest Xray/Yokomo/Xpress etc.

Why didn't Tamiya offer the TA08R and TD4R?

I think we will see a TD2R and a TD4R at some point in the future. It should have been £100 cheaper really. I was expecting around £250. Be interesting to see the USD price on this chassis.

• Like 2

Wow I can't believe it, this is awesome except for the price.

I literally ordered a bunch of hex screw bags and some parts trees a week ago because I felt really close to having a whole tt02b of spares left over. Hex machine screws to make it a tt02br, haha. Trying the YR big bore shocks to see if they're a cheap way to land jumps properly.

My bone stock + bearings Neo Scorcher is by far my favourite buggy at the local track. It's very slow and easy to drive at 21.5T so I have a lot of fun and no crashes. I'd rather have two cheaper (Tamiya) buggies for the price of one proper race buggy so the kids can drive together and/or a spare when one is inevitably stuck in the pits.

• Like 2

@droidy you are probably right. For this price you can have 3 stock TT02Bs which would give great racing content and a spare of everything. 
But we are all suckers for a shiner Tamiya kit, especially with a carrying case 😁

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

As far as price, I think it's in the correct ball park given it's a "pro" kit..?   Sure it might be at the base Optima MID price, but my MID's with the hopups are like over $550 each.. maybe over $600 before electronics, I don't know never really cared because as I posted in the past, I wanted a full hopped up version, not a base + ala carte because I lack knowledge in buggies;  I want their flagship to represent their portfolio in my pretend RC shop.  I only have limited display space so I want their best and greatest. ..and I have no interest to expand my display space for cars that are just mediocre.. does that make sense?  Not sure, I've not had my coffee yet.  lol :lol:   

I'm not saying I have unlimited budget, quite the contrary..I don't spend on something that does not fully resonate with me or have that level of interigty I want.

The biggest gripe (?)  I have with TT02B is what I posted above.. ground clearance.  That is the first thing Tamiya should have addressed or if they did, explain it better in their description with ALL CAPS..  (I take it the larger wheels and tires are supposedly their solution?) This is just me speaking again, but the TT02B is a great chassis as long as one does not spend too much money on it..  I like to be committed.. if cheap, go super cheap and use self built or repurposed parts to modify.. if expensive, get the flagship (non-TT02) nothing in between.  Because at the end, that brings me most satisfaction at the least cost.

IMG_2022-11-11-084920.jpg.c5ac8d79d292706fb1bbed2ab0bde4fd.jpg

• Like 4

Instead of releasing a TT-03B, Tamiya just repackage some parts together with a nearly decade old chassis and release it as a "new" product. 🤷

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 11:40 PM, Misterp180 said:

• Includes Neo Scorcher body (transparent). *Please note that Neo Scorcher coloring stickers are not included.

I don't understand this, why going half way. Why not include the stickers or no body at all.

Speaking of, in a capable hand TT-02B can be good; Masami Hirosaka bought a Neo Scorcher and limited hop-ups to compete in sub-20k yen race and doing really well (crash aside) against the likes of DF-03 (which is still in sub-20k price).

• Like 1

I’m quite happy to see this, but im disappointed they didn’t give it the typical MS/TRF flame decal sheet. 

I would have liked to have seen the full alloy steering but understand this may have bumped it over their intended RRP. 

the TT02B is actually a very good handler with the carbon towers and DF03 dampers (which fixes the ride height issues of the stock kit) 

all they need do now is release the steering knuckles/C hub in reinforced carbon and it’ll be a nice little package. 

They could have taken it to the next level however by making a new chassis compatible with the xv02 center diff and slipper clutch. 

• Like 3

Awesome info, @Juls1!!

Down the road I may give those bits a try to improve ground clearance.. but due to super cheap (me), probably not.  :lol: 

Good to hear there is a solution though.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

improve ground clearance.

You can grind out some space for the drive cups to droop into the lower arms and use the longer suspension eyelets to gain more clearance, a no cost mod.

• Like 2