Misterp180

TT-02BR Chassis Kit

12 hours ago, Juls1 said:

I’m quite happy to see this, but im disappointed they didn’t give it the typical MS/TRF flame decal sheet. 

I would have liked to have seen the full alloy steering but understand this may have bumped it over their intended RRP. 

the TT02B is actually a very good handler with the carbon towers and DF03 dampers (which fixes the ride height issues of the stock kit) 

all they need do now is release the steering knuckles/C hub in reinforced carbon and it’ll be a nice little package. 

They could have taken it to the next level however by making a new chassis compatible with the xv02 center diff and slipper clutch. 

Awesome post and your last idea of using a centre diff and/or XV02 slipper would have been amazing. What about an XV02B at some point???? 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gabranth said:

I don't understand this, why going half way. Why not include the stickers or no body at all.

I agree putting some TRF decals in would have been nice! 

Those videos are cool 😎 

For heaven sakes Tamiya Just bring out a DB01 RRRR. No one wants this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

46 minutes ago, GTodd said:

No one wants this

I want this..........to be a lot cheaper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think I am prepared to give it a chance. I wonder if this and the TT02SRX is a swan song for these chassis versions before we next the next generation?

• Like 1

New Tamiya video dropped this morning.

TT02BR can be see around 1:02:30. Does look good and you get some decals!

However, the carry case is just the box 😂

2 hours ago, Misterp180 said:

New Tamiya video dropped this morning.

TT02BR can be see around 1:02:30. Does look good and you get some decals!

However, the carry case is just the box 😂

Anyone who can understand Japanese explain the TL01’s at the end. I assume they are just saying the TT02 is the modern equivalent. 

4 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

So it’s tt02b ms with some extra stuff ?

Looks that way doesn’t it. There is quite a lot of extra stuff on this model I think but I haven’t done a full comparison yet.

• Like 1

Underrated bit here is that maybe well see more of the TRF201 wing set available, which frankly looks great on any Tamiya buggy.

• Like 5

I watched the RC Live just now and Paisen explained that they did make improvements addressing the suspension stroke.. so good for them!  He was showing how the standard TT02B was limited in travel, and how the BR's redesign increased that range.  

I mean this kit is not for me, but if $300-$350 range, I think it's a good buy considering the improvements.   

• Like 1

@Willy iine thanks for the information 👍🏻

I am going to get one as it seems like good value for money if you like the idea of hopping up a car. Be interesting to see how much better it is over the stock TT02B which was the fastest car round my backyard track last season! 

• Like 1

On 11/10/2022 at 11:43 AM, Misterp180 said:

Looks like quite the kit but at £375 RRP it is over £250 more than a standard TT02B which comes with ESC, motor and tyres.

I am certainly interested as I love my TT02B, but it is also at the same price as the recent 4wd Kyosho Legendary models. You can also get a Top Force Evo Rere for the same money!

Woah, what a batcr*p price!! And the worst part? For this price, the car doesn't contain the barebone basics like a motor, ESC, tires(?!?!), or body stickers(?!?!?!?!) Seriously????

As others have stated, I don't have a clue as to who will buy this for such a high price, especially with the economy doing so poorly, at least over here.

Just my two cents.

Having neither car in my stable (I do have a road going TT02 however) am I to believe this entry level platform with everything thrown at it is somehow a superior buggy and worth more than the new Super Avante TD4? I'm perplexed.  What's the point? Who is this for? And here I thought the Vagra was senseless.

2 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Having neither car in my stable (I do have a road going TT02 however) am I to believe this entry level platform with everything thrown at it is somehow a superior buggy and worth more than the new Super Avante TD4? I'm perplexed.  What's the point? Who is this for? And here I thought the Vagra was senseless.

Is the TD4 as-is no way to hop it up?  I mean that is similar to the comparison with the Optima MID.   The base Optima MID might be $389 or whatever, but usually the popular hopups will bring it up another $200 or so before electronics.  That would be the price the BR should be compared to, I think..

2 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Is the TD4 as-is no way to hop it up?  I mean that is similar to the comparison with the Optima MID.   The base Optima MID might be $389 or whatever, but usually the popular hopups will bring it up another $200 or so before electronics.  That would be the price the BR should be compared to, I think..

I guess my reasoning is comparing the bones of each buggy. Is the stock TT02B a better car than the stock TD4? Could a TT02B ever be made better than the TD4 considering the design limits of the chassis? BITD I could throw a lot of money at a Frog, possibly making it double the price of an RC10. That doesn't make it better than even a stock RC10 because no amount of bolt-on parts can rectify the fact the Frog was inferior to the RC10 on racetracks.

Tamiya make a lot of nifty hop-ups for the TT range and cleverly relieve our wallets from some of their cash adding beautiful blue bits to our rides. When they put all those bits in the kit under a big price tag, it becomes apparent that maybe its not worth it. It just seems odd when we now have a TD4 in the lineup to compare with.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

I guess my reasoning is comparing the bones of each buggy. Is the stock TT02B a better car than the stock TD4? Could a TT02B ever be made better than the TD4 considering the design limits of the chassis? BITD I could throw a lot of money at a Frog, possibly making it double the price of an RC10. That doesn't make it better than even a stock RC10 because no amount of bolt-on parts can rectify the fact the Frog was inferior to the RC10 on racetracks.

Tamiya make a lot of nifty hop-ups for the TT range and cleverly relieve our wallets from some of their cash adding beautiful blue bits to our rides. When they put all those bits in the kit under a big price tag, it becomes apparent that maybe its not worth it. It just seems odd when we now have a TD4 in the lineup to compare with.

I have no idea if the BR is better than the TD4.  But are they even in the same class?

If a friend wanted to complete his Optima MID with my Tamiya, I would pull out my TFEvo, not my TT02B.. :wacko:

Another thing could be that some folks like to build chassis and dress them up for display and some driving.. I think it's okay to have a slower expensive car if the owner is enjoying it however they want to..(?)    I mean my M38's perform horribly vs a WR02, but they are worth a lot more to me.  I guess this is my own weakness, not Tamiya's fault?  :lol:

43 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

There was a thread/video about if hopups are a con and that caused a few upsets so 🤐

But it is interesting that you brought up the Frog, I did not have one BITD but got a rere one and I was really disappointed in it as it is basically unusable out of the box. The "upgraded" dogbones just fly off within the first 30 seconds of driving it. One solution is a pair of very expensive (if bought in the UK) universals hopup set. There are other free fix to it, but it really should be designed correctly to work out of the box without needing fixes.

Don’t forget the cheese gears unless you do the metal pinion gear hack which makes it bullet proof. I was running a castle 4600kv in mine

It comes with window stickers and a bunch of TT02BR logo stickers so it's not as dire as people might think.  It's just not a Neo Scorcher set.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

have no idea if the BR is better than the TD4.  But are they even in the same class?

If a friend wanted to complete his Optima MID with my Tamiya, I would pull out my TFEvo, not my TT02B.. :wacko:

Its not. The TD4 is above the entry-level TT02B and that's my point. Even the most hopped-up TT02B shouldn't be able to compete with even a stock TD4 so why sell a fully loaded TT02B kit that cost more than a TD4? That's what I can't wrap my head around. Sorry to belabor things. and forgive me for being obtuse. Maybe TT02Bs are looked at differently in Japan and this loaded version would be in demand there.

9 hours ago, Willy iine said:

Another thing could be that some folks like to build chassis and dress them up for display and some driving.. I think it's okay to have a slower expensive car if the owner is enjoying it however they want to..(?)

This, I understand. Thank you. Sorry for my confusion.

• Like 3

On 11/12/2022 at 9:54 AM, Gabranth said:

I don't understand this, why going half way. Why not include the stickers or no body at all.

Because if you want to race then your wing will be unpainted, your body will be painted in your livery, and you'll finally have somewhere to sticker all of those savox and hobbywing and rcmart stickers :D

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, RC_FunLand said:

the car doesn't contain the barebone basics like a motor, ESC, tires

It's because all of those parts will be specific to the track and the class you run in.

Although the good thing about a stack of old silvercans that never get used is as a consumable for 3S bashing. (I've never tried it but I've heard plenty of people mention it.)

4 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Its not. The TD4 is above the entry-level TT02B and that's my point. Even the most hopped-up TT02B shouldn't be able to compete with even a stock TD4 so why sell a fully loaded TT02B kit that cost more than a TD4? That's what I can't wrap my head around. Sorry to belabor things. and forgive me for being obtuse. Maybe TT02Bs are looked at differently in Japan and this loaded version would be in demand there.

This, I understand. Thank you. Sorry for my confusion.

Paisen, per the RCLive clip, appears to be a big fan of the TT02, so that is probably the main driver for the BR scheme..  I think he wanted to show the true capabilities of the TT02B with minor changes addressing the shortcoming of the original buggy.

If this buggy can out pace the TD4, then that would be good reason (motivation) for Tamiya to improve the TD4 to release the Super Egress I've been waiting for.  :D 

Thanks for the conversation.  B)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, droidy said:

Because if you want to race then your wing will be unpainted, your body will be painted in your livery, and you'll finally have somewhere to sticker all of those savox and hobbywing and rcmart stickers :D

:lol:

They also include 2 different wings and decal sheet per the RCLive clip.  So the body can be finished, just not to the standard NeoScorcher decals.. I mean does one even want to finish the body to the original NeoScorcher given it's a special car? 

I donno, I think this kit to me is a bargain.. given it is <$375..  the more we talk about it, makes more sense.  I think Tamiya just needs to explain it better in English.

• Like 1