Misterp180

TT-02BR Chassis Kit

2 minutes ago, danimaldaisy said:

What tires do you run at the track?  I know the dual blocks give the buggy some additional height but they probably wont work on the track.

Lastly how do you have your aluminum dampers built?  the instructions call for 3 internal spacers in the front and 4 in the rear.  I did zero in the front and 2 in the rear.  Gives it a lot more droop.

Just curious.

I used the TT02B/DF03 damper kit, and went for the recommended spacers (though I can't remember what that was exactly).

I was concerned that too much droop would caused the diff outdrive to strike the driveshaft but this didn't happen with the recommended spacers.

Tyres I tried were Schumacher Cactus on the rear and Cactus fusions on the front (track was EOS carpet) on DF03 wheels

With so many "nice bits" thrown in I'm surprised that Tamiya never came up with a beefier rear diff or slipper clutch to include (actually they have a beefier diff that they could include).

I'm curious to know how this would be at just bashing about at the park more than anything else. Would it go through grass?

4 hours ago, Kowalski86 said:

With so many "nice bits" thrown in I'm surprised that Tamiya never came up with a beefier rear diff or slipper clutch to include (actually they have a beefier diff that they could include).

I'm curious to know how this would be at just bashing about at the park more than anything else. Would it go through grass?

It comes with the XV02 diff so should be better than a stock TT02 item 

My TT02B is ok on short grass - long grass is the enemy of many 10th scale buggies. For that I'd want a truggy or monster truck (or an 8th scale basher)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BuggyGuy said:

My TT02B is ok on short grass - long grass is the enemy of many 10th scale buggies. For that I'd want a truggy or monster truck (or an 8th scale basher)

That stinks, I was hoping it being 4WD would help. Where I live it's mostly asphalt and grass.

Hello,

I'm new to this Forum but reading posts since a while and love looking at the showrooms.

Since I have some parts left over from various other builds I realized I could build a nice TT-02 Buggy. To make it a bit more unique a different Bodyshell option would be nice. Does somebody know if it is possible to put the Tamiya Durga body on the TT-02 chassis? It really looks awesome in my opinion. B)
I searched for some photos or videos but could not find a Durga body beeing put on a TT-02. Therfore I thought this Forum would be the best place to ask.
Maybe you guys have other recommendations for fancy bodys that would fit the chassis and are welcome diversion from the standard options?
Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

5 hours ago, Highgrip said:

Tamiya Durga body on the TT-02 chassis

I think the longest wheelbase a TT02 can reach is 257mm, bodies tend to be about 190mm wide and 440mm long.

Whereas the Durga is a 280mm wheelbase.

My guess would be that the Durga body shell would be too big for a tt02. Maybe you could cut the wheel arches of the body to make it fit? Might be better looking for an alternative body.

Maybe have a look at the body shells that can come on a TT02B chassis. I think they should fit?

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/chassis.asp?id=146&desc=TT-02B

https://tamiyabase.com/index.php?option=com_joodb&view=article&joobase=21&id=146&Itemid=1063#models-with-tt-02b-chassis

I keep seeing people build these and not once has anyone mentioned the main issue with the gearbox stripping under any kind of bigger power of the original tt02b if tamiya fixed this or is it still an issue. Just curious cause i had a fully modded tt02b ms edition that i sold during covid. I did the mod to fix it by filing the bevel pinion gear from another car years ago which i then ran a castle 4600kv brushless with no issues. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gebbly said:

I think the longest wheelbase a TT02 can reach is 257mm, bodies tend to be about 190mm wide and 440mm long.

Whereas the Durga is a 280mm wheelbase.

My guess would be that the Durga body shell would be too big for a tt02. Maybe you could cut the wheel arches of the body to make it fit? Might be better looking for an alternative body.

Maybe have a look at the body shells that can come on a TT02B chassis. I think they should fit?

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/chassis.asp?id=146&desc=TT-02B

https://tamiyabase.com/index.php?option=com_joodb&view=article&joobase=21&id=146&Itemid=1063#models-with-tt-02b-chassis

Thank you for the response. You are right, the TT-02 B has a shorter Wheelbase. It is 266mm, the onroad cars are 257mm, but still 14mm shorter.
That actually seems good, so I took the risk and ordered the Durga shell, hoping I can cut the front a bit shorter.

• Like 2

This is my spare parts TT-02B and it has a DB-01 Baldre shell which fits well and I really like the look of. It just has the extra bulge on one side for the transverse motor:

IMG_20230807_205434608.thumb.jpg.8ad62237fcb28c6ea33c8e732f8c7826.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/4/2023 at 9:26 PM, Rb4276 said:

I keep seeing people build these and not once has anyone mentioned the main issue with the gearbox stripping under any kind of bigger power of the original tt02b if tamiya fixed this or is it still an issue.

It's still an issue as far as I know. Maybe the hop-up oil-diff holds up better?

On 8/4/2023 at 10:26 PM, Rb4276 said:

I keep seeing people build these and not once has anyone mentioned the main issue with the gearbox stripping under any kind of bigger power of the original tt02b if tamiya fixed this or is it still an issue. 

I wonder if the addition of the hardened lower deck has helped to alleviate the issue?  

Hello droidy,
thank you for sharing that picture. That car looks abolute NEAT! 😎
I personally think combination of Bodyshell, Wing, Tires and Dampers make it look way more professional and less entry level.

I'm targeting for the same direction. The Durga shell and carbon shocktower set should arrive today or tomorrow. Many parts I use are from a DF-03 Dark Imact, as I will put more Upgardes on that for a "Show and Shine" build. My TT-02 B will be close to an MS Version.

Some performance and reliability questions:

Performance wise, does an Aluminum Damper Set like 54993 make a big difference against the oil filled plastic dampers? I think they feel great on my TT-02 R but that car has just over 5mm ride height. Do they pop apart?

How does a Spool in the front affect the handling of a Buggy, will it lead to huge understeer on astro turf or grey carpet? I'm more into onroad racing, Buggys are new to me. From my TT-02 SR the Diff (54875) and Spool (54649) are left over as I upgraded to 22049 and 22047 on that car. I'm considering to buy an other 54875 in the future, if I like driving it.

On the TT-02 BR Tamiya is providing 22049 in the front and rear. Can the plastic gears withstand the forces of the larger tires?

Motor wise I have an old LRP X12 13.5T which I think should be enough for  beginner to have fun on smaler race tracks. I don't plan to do speedruns on the open field. What gearing do you guys run? I thought trying 68-19 up to 68-22 and check temperatures.

My aim is to build car quite light with a 3500mAh LowShorty and the ESC on the left side behind the battery. I'm not sure if this will improve the handling but my consideration is that less weight leads to less damage in a crash. I've done this with the TT-02 SR in the past but felt that a havier car feels more stable. Especially when accelerating  out of corners it seems to generate more traction.

The Durga Shell seems to be fitting nicely just like the Baldre. I will post an Update once I got time to install the suspension parts and check the tire swing.

Durga_Shell_1_small.jpg

Durga_Shell_2_small.jpg

Carbon_Shocktowers_1_small.jpg

Spare_Parts_1_small.jpg

• Like 2