Misterp180

TT-02BR Chassis Kit

19 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

:lol:

They also include 2 different wings and decal sheet per the RCLive clip.  So the body can be finished, just not to the standard NeoScorcher decals.. I mean does one even want to finish the body to the original NeoScorcher given it's a special car? 

I donno, I think this kit to me is a bargain.. given it is <$375..  the more we talk about it, makes more sense.  I think Tamiya just needs to explain it better in English.

My pre order is in and I am convinced.

I priced up as many hop ups as I could find and still came to a price well in excess of £400 and some of those parts were sourced from Japan. 

A few TRF decals and it will look the business I am sure. I look forward to testing it against the TT02B stock and the TD4 eventually. 

• Like 2

Still using the lousy stock plastic steering set, plastic motor mount and yet have the guts to call it "R"? :lol:

Tamiya could have also at least included aluminum turnbuckles which should lessen weight and looks much better as an "R" model.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Tamiya could have also at least included

Noooo.....! It's a Tamiya, you will still need hopups, even if it is a R kit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/10/2022 at 2:42 PM, BuggyGuy said:

TD4 is much better choice if your thinking about going to a track with an in production Tamiya 4WD buggy IMO

Edit: If they could increase the wheelbase, provide a slipper clutch, and increase the ride height a bit it could be more viable for racing.

I agree!  The TT02B standard version just doesn't cut it with stock knobby tires and CVA dampers. I had to get Dual block tires on DF03 wheels to increase the height.  Also needed the aluminum dampers and the fronts are longer than CVA's.  Only after that i FINALLY was able to do the drop test without chassis slap.

I am willing to bet they will have 4 rubber orings inside the rear aluminum damper and 3 in the front. People will BE ANNOYED that they are still getting chassis slap and will need to go zero internal orings front and 2 rear to get every bit of possible help they can.

TT02b is a money pit.  This R chassis solves that however for the money a TD4 is WAY better bang for the buck. Add TRF 3 hole pistons in the front CVA dampers and one hole stock black piston rear with TRF damper guides replacing the bottom o ring would be sweet. all one would need is the spring set at that point.

I watched GagaTakahashi's clip on the 3 new Tamiya releases including this car.  Besides his YT channel, he is an RC retailer and has managed RC race tracks in Japan so he is quite a veteran in the industry.  His gut feeling regarding price is ~JPY27500 range retail and would sell around mid-low JPY20000.. So even at JPY30000, that still only $215 at current exchange rate.. so given mark ups, probably $250 range in the USA?   Not sure, but this is a huge bargain.  

Just wanted to give an idea what the range is in Japan and USA might be.. I'll post more updates if I see any.. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I watched GagaTakahashi's clip on the 3 new Tamiya releases including this car.  Besides his YT channel, he is an RC retailer and has managed RC race tracks in Japan so he is quite a veteran in the industry.  His gut feeling regarding price is ~JPY27500 range retail and would sell around mid-low JPY20000.. So even at JPY30000, that still only $215 at current exchange rate.. so given mark ups, probably $250 range in the USA?   Not sure, but this is a huge bargain.  

Just wanted to give an idea what the range is in Japan and USA might be.. I'll post more updates if I see any.. 

Lowest price in Germany found so far is EUR 279.99 (Modellbau Seidel, which is typically the shop with the lowest prices for Tamiya RC kits in Germany).

17 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Lowest price in Germany found so far is EUR 279.99 (Modellbau Seidel, which is typically the shop with the lowest prices for Tamiya RC kits in Germany).

That sounds like a fair price.  

6 hours ago, Willy iine said:

So it is priced up at £315 here in the Uk. The pound is weak so it is no surprise it feels expensive. However, it still presents great value for money if you want a hopper up TT02B.

Lots of people comparing it to the TD4 and it is priced about the same. I don’t have a TD4 yet but will look at getting one in the future to compare.

Personally I think it is great Tamiya are giving us interesting models and not just another generic basic model. I do wonder what the price of the TD4R is going to be though!!

6 hours ago, Misterp180 said:

So it is priced up at £315 here in the Uk. The pound is weak so it is no surprise it feels expensive. However, it still presents great value for money if you want a hopper up TT02B.

Lots of people comparing it to the TD4 and it is priced about the same. I don’t have a TD4 yet but will look at getting one in the future to compare.

Personally I think it is great Tamiya are giving us interesting models and not just another generic basic model. I do wonder what the price of the TD4R is going to be though!!

That is USD375?  I mean there is the standard of living cost differences so I don't know whether that is expensive in UK or not.   But if the price makes sense to you, that is all that matters.

GagaTakahashi also noted everyone was expecting the TT03 by now so was taken by surprise Tamiya did yet another revision.. however, it appears the shortcomings of the TT02B are addressed and mainly geared for regulated TCS class events.   I don't believe the official price has been released yet for JDM.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2022 at 1:35 AM, Misterp180 said:

Rex chatting about the new models. Enjoy 👍🏻

With all of these TT-02 releases I have to ask, how is the basic TT-02 compared to the basic TT-01?  Does it need hop-ups just for decent steering?

On 11/11/2022 at 1:40 AM, Misterp180 said:

BC67281F-C1E7-465F-A122-3A79D68AED62.jpeg.135fb38a5d8d726756ee73b636f6e8fb.jpeg

58717 1/10 R/C TT-02BR Chassis Kit

Tamiya is delighted to announce the release of the TT-02BR chassis in the TT-02B series which is

popular among off-road racers. The TT-02BR chassis is an upgraded version

of the TT-02B chassis kit with a wealth of parts, plus new aluminium propeller

joints and carbon fibre damper stays to ensure range of setup adjustments.

★ Included Hop-up Option Parts ★

Aluminum propeller joints *New! / Carbon fiber damper stays *New!

Item 22049: XV-02/TT-02 Oil Gear Differential Unit

Item 54501: TT-02 Aluminum Propeller Shaft

Item 54768: 06 Module Hard Coated Aluminum Pinion Gear (17T)

Item 54993: TT-02B/DF-03 Aluminum Damper Set

Item 53793: DF-02 Two-Way Aluminum Rear Uprights

Item 54539: TT-02B Full Turnbuckle Set

Item 53791: DF-02 Assembly Universal Shaft

Item 53880: Large Dish Wheels (4WD/Front, 62/25)

Item 53881: Large Dish Wheels (Rear, 62/35)

Item 54211: TRF201 Rear Wing Set

Item 54815: TT-02B Reinforced Gear Covers & Lower Suspension Arms (2pcs.)

Item 54926: TT-02 Lower Deck (Hard/Black)

This is how I have my tt02b setup now , except for the trf201 rear wing, they used my mods for the rear damper stay. I have the xv02 oil diff waiting to go in. The rear carbon damper stay will be on my to buy list. I hope they copy the Tt02sr way of installing the stock steering arms , makes a big difference. I like how the lowered the mounts for the rear wing. I am interested in what they will use for rear springs , the dt03 are too long.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Towerhobbies just posted TT02 BR pre order listing for $251USD.

Awesome!  Now that is a bargain.

Great job, Tamiya!  B)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Awesome!  Now that is a bargain.

Great job, Tamiya!  B)

My wallet is not safe haha! (Also they did put up pre order listings for hotshot2 and tt02 srx which are all very similarly priced.)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

My wallet is not safe haha! (Also they did put up pre order listings for hotshot2 and tt02 srx which are all very similarly priced.)

:lol: Hey man, we only live once!   I'd get it while you can if that's what you want.  GL hunting!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

:lol: Hey man, we only live once!   I'd get it while you can if that's what you want.  GL hunting!

100% agreed! (Grabbing my credit card…)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sogogi said:

Towerhobbies just posted TT02 BR pre order listing for $251USD.

So that is $100 cheaper than here in the UK! Out of interest how much would a standard Neo Scorcher kit be at Tower Hobbies in comparison?

Neo - £129

TT02BR - £314

1 hour ago, Misterp180 said:

So that is $100 cheaper than here in the UK! Out of interest how much would a standard Neo Scorcher kit be at Tower Hobbies in comparison?

Neo - £129

TT02BR - £314

Neo scorcher is $165.9 currently

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sogogi said:

Neo scorcher is $165.9 currently

Wow! That is not much extra for a significantly hopped up model! I feel that the UK pricing for this is way off. It seems a great price in the US though 👍🏻

• Like 1

Honestly USA might be the place to buy RC gear right now.. because we can get super deals out of Japan even with air freight.. take advantage while we can I guess.  B)

1 hour ago, Misterp180 said:

Wow! That is not much extra for a significantly hopped up model! I feel that the UK pricing for this is way off. It seems a great price in the US though 👍🏻

Though Plasma Edge2 is cheaper.. which is $135 usd. Nonetheless, TT02BR looks like a much better value than I expected :)

48 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Honestly USA might be the place to buy RC gear right now.. because we can get super deals out of Japan even with air freight.. take advantage while we can I guess.  B)

If the currency stays around the same until the release date, that would be super! 

Sorry if this has already been asked, but has Tamiya done anything about the TT02B chewing up the plastic gears in the rear or is the fix still to use the DF02 metal gears slightly shaved down?