Super ally

Hotshot 2 Blockhead motors on its way.

Rc kicks has a video up on his channel saying that Tamiya is bringing out the hotshot 2 blockhead motors version.I know that a lot of you have been wanting this so its good news for you all.

• Like 1

Mmm very peculiar if it's like the pictures I've seen! Wonder if tamiya will re-release the original hotshot 2?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moffman said:

Mmm very peculiar if it's like the pictures I've seen! Wonder if tamiya will re-release the original hotshot 2?

Hope so! With the red parts, D tree and with the original off white wheels too!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, moffman said:

Whats peculiar about it? I saw lots of comments saying it looks like the Wild One. What are people expecting when it's a Blockhead edition?

I really liked the Blockead Wild One, it was like a perfect marriage but the Hotshot Blockhead isn’t doing it for me. Too lazy and too many corners cut. Others (some here at TC) have already done it much better.

7 hours ago, Smirrors said:

Whats peculiar about it? I saw lots of comments saying it looks like the Wild One. What are people expecting when it's a Blockhead edition?

Well if it's like the photo that @TWINSET has put on it kinda looks peculiar in the fact it looks like a car of many different cars! But I don't mean it's awful! Just tamiya at it's best!..........peculiar! And would I get one? Probably if funds permit at the time! But i would prefer the original in its silver box!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cynan said:

Hope so! With the red parts, D tree and with the original off white wheels too!

Yeah let's hope and with the silver box? Tamiya do things their own way which makes it more interesting:rolleyes: to do a re-release as a completely different livery is tamiya and that's what we all love about the company the unpredictability! 

Apart from when they announce releases many months before they actually appear!

I certainly do not like it as much as the Wild One.  But it isn’t too bad.  I would maybe drop the number plates off the side.  They feel like too much.  Was really hoping the next Blockhead would be a Monster Beetle!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, tamiya3speed said:

I certainly do not like it as much as the Wild One.  But it isn’t too bad.  I would maybe drop the number plates off the side.  They feel like too much.  Was really hoping the next Blockhead would be a Monster Beetle!

Yeah me too! Although I'm not really after any monster truck anytime soon but looking at the blockhead Instagram over the last year I was thinking the grasshopper because that kept on popping up and tbh the hotshot only made an appearance a few times but well done tamiya for springing that on us!

May pick one up. Guess tamiya won't re-re the original after this re-designed colour scheme.

The colour scheme is an exact copy of the Blockhead motors Wild One.   Jun Watanabi has a reputation as a designer, so I think he should have come up with something original for this release.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2022 at 9:37 AM, TWINSET said:

Reminds me of

Yup, that's what's not quite right. Oddly the box art looks great?! Maybe it just needs to be lowered? 

To be fair, this BH HS2's scheme is reminiscent of the Super Hotshot they did about 4 years ago which might pre-date the WO.

No photo description available.

• Like 6

On 11/11/2022 at 10:29 AM, moffman said:

Well if it's like the photo that @TWINSET has put on it kinda looks peculiar in the fact it looks like a car of many different cars! But I don't mean it's awful! Just tamiya at it's best!..........peculiar! And would I get one? Probably if funds permit at the time! But i would prefer the original in its silver box!

Instantly made me think of Meccano 😂 

3 hours ago, Saito2 said:

To be fair, this BH HS2's scheme is reminiscent of the Super Hotshot they did about 4 years ago which might pre-date the WO.

No photo description available.

Now that's a good looking super hotshot not many none boxart super hotshots look better than the boxart but that definitely does well done on that one:wub:

• Like 2

Not a fan of the silver wheels, but I think that's just memories of everyone (usually badly) spray-painting Hotshot and Boomerang wheels silver back in the day. I always thought they looked awful. A regular HS2 (or Super Sabre!) with the red parts would have been more interesting to me.

• Like 2

I love it!!! And I have a set of hicaps waiting for a car. MYbe it should’ve been called Hotshot 3 but this looks great. More details than a Boomerang, better suspension that the Hot Shot 1, and iconic shock layout. Sign me up. I’ll be in for one. Looks like a great typical Tamiya Basher!

Can’t be certain but from the video it looks like the bottom battery plate is different to the original. Darn. I wonder if they beefed up the rear shock tower now too.