Super ally

Hotshot 2 Blockhead motors on its way.

I agree, Tamiya have clearly put some work in for this release.  It's not just a slap on paint job, there are several bespoke parts.  I think it's cool, despite what the majority think, and I'm looking forward to adding it to my collection  B)

The Hotshot series is proper old-skool off-road buggy - decent ground clearance, some quirky stuff, good looking etc.  The TT-02B is an on-road chassis made into a buggy.  Quite different approaches and which one suits you best wil depend upon intended use.

• Like 1

Its the simple touches that kinda do it for me having its own branded motor and branded inspection hatch:D very simple but that's what makes it go from "mah" to I'll have one of them!!

• Like 2

Just got notification from Tower that my HS2 BH shipped today. Love those unexpected emails. Hope you all get yours soon!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, A-Baum said:

Just got notification from Tower that my HS2 BH shipped today. Love those unexpected emails. Hope you all get yours soon!

Enjoy the build although it’s technically a new buggy it’s still an old school kit with the hard unforgiving plastic so don’t tighten the screws up to tight because you’ll strip the plastic and although it says one of the upgrades is ball bearing you do get the gearbox bearings in the kit!

0D5A5C8A-F6A6-446F-AD65-9FBF028C2B1C.jpeg

1 hour ago, moffman said:

What a beauty. Even though the higher roofline has grown on me since the release, I gotta admit it looks espesially nice with the low roofline like this . It simply looks like a non boxart HSII, while the BH version straight out of the box has to be reckoned as sort of a new kit based on the design of the old one. That thought helped me start liking the BH version with the tall roofline. 

2 hours ago, Andreas W said:

What a beauty. Even though the higher roofline has grown on me since the release, I gotta admit it looks espesially nice with the low roofline like this . It simply looks like a non boxart HSII, while the BH version straight out of the box has to be reckoned as sort of a new kit based on the design of the old one. That thought helped me start liking the BH version with the tall roofline. 

Sorry mate i changed the cadge for an original hotshot cadge (A&B parts) I just couldn’t get on with the high roof line:unsure: apparently he designed it so you could see the driver figure! I say keep your driver figure I’ll have the sleeker looks but that’s just my personal opinion?

Blockhead Hotshot are available in Canada also as of yesterday.

I haven't bought a new car in years ... but as a fellow Hotshot lover, I might have to grab one or two of these!

I never got on with the design of the Hotshot II, but this redesign looks kinda cool.

I'll admit I'm already working out how I could drop the roll cage back down, and convert the rear back to a mono shock ;)

On 3/25/2023 at 5:20 AM, moffman said:

Sorry mate i changed the cadge for an original hotshot cadge (A&B parts) I just couldn’t get on with the high roof line:unsure: apparently he designed it so you could see the driver figure! I say keep your driver figure I’ll have the sleeker looks but that’s just my personal opinion?

Nice - exactly what I think I want to do too. Do you just need to replace the cage? Or is the top body mold different too? (I thought I heard somewhere it was)

And is it just me, or does the picture no longer load?

On 3/25/2023 at 5:41 PM, moffman said:

Enjoy the build although it’s technically a new buggy it’s still an old school kit with the hard unforgiving plastic so don’t tighten the screws up to tight because you’ll strip the plastic and although it says one of the upgrades is ball bearing you do get the gearbox bearings in the kit!

1 hour ago, gordb said:

And is it just me, or does the picture no longer load?

Nah, no just you I can’t see an image either unfortunately…

6 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Nah, no just you I can’t see an image either unfortunately…

Sorry @Re-Bugged @gordb I changed my tablet from a Samsung to iPad and my photos are all over the place some are in the cloud some are on the iPad some disappeared altogether luckily I still have my old Samsung and some I can see but don’t transfer and some you can see and I can’t……just weird:blink:

i also changed the cadge for the original one because i think it looks better imo!

20230312_171926.jpeg

IMG_0009.jpeg

• Like 5

Gotcha now @moffman, thanks 👍🏻

Looking slick & menacing with the trade mark low cage.

I do like this new Blockhead HS2, but (just a small but) I can’t help thinking it would be nice in a different colour to the Blockhead Wild One.

Just my personal opinion of course, still a great looking buggy nonetheless. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

Gotcha now @moffman, thanks 👍🏻

Looking slick & menacing with the trade mark low cage.

I do like this new Blockhead HS2, but (just a small but) I can’t help thinking it would be nice in a different colour to the Blockhead Wild One.

Just my personal opinion of course, still a great looking buggy nonetheless. 

Yeah I know exactly where you’re coming from! I didn’t bother putting on those racing number plates because I personally think they look awful and that silver plate on the back of the cadge equally awful but the front plate I had no choice because it covers the two gaps that the original cadge come out of:(

I think it should have been completely different decals aswell because it’s probably another thread of collectibility which isn’t a bad thing I keep seeing the blockhead monster beetle banded around so I’m thinking that’s probably the next one or the grasshopper?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, moffman said:

Sorry @Re-Bugged @gordb I changed my tablet from a Samsung to iPad and my photos are all over the place some are in the cloud some are on the iPad some disappeared altogether luckily I still have my old Samsung and some I can see but don’t transfer and some you can see and I can’t……just weird:blink:

i also changed the cadge for the original one because i think it looks better imo!

That's exactly what I needed thanks @moffman. And I'm with you - the Hotshot needs to be low!

• Like 1