Super ally

Hotshot 2 Blockhead motors on its way.

7 hours ago, Cynan said:

Can’t be certain but from the video it looks like the bottom battery plate is different to the original. Darn. I wonder if they beefed up the rear shock tower now too.

There's another video of it here from Tamiya HQ and at 58:26 you can see the underside......the battery plate looks the same to me. Wish they had took the body off so we can see exactly what changes they have made to the chassis and/or roll bar though. 

Have to say though, as a Hotshot obsessive, I am loving this release and think it looks great. And, with all of these new parts, it gives us the chance to customise our existing Hotshots, Supershots & original Hotshot 2s. Some of the parts, such as uprights etc can go on our Bigwigs and Boomerangs too.

• Like 2

I've been waiting for this news for so long and although I like the look of it, Its just not the one I was waiting for ... I'll probably try and pick up some of te silver wheels but other than that I'll just have to sit back and wait to see if they re release the original version. 

• Like 1

They mentioned that the roll cage is new and has some adjustability.  They also made new spacers for the number plate for proper angle..

Paisen also noted they hear the folks that complained about Tamiya not doing a rere of the standard color scheme Hotshot2 and will take it up with their team. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Willy iine said:Paisen also noted they hear the folks that complained about Tamiya not doing a rere of the standard color scheme Hotshot2 and will take it up with their team. 

Thanks for this!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

Paisen also noted they hear the folks that complained about Tamiya not doing a rere of the standard color scheme Hotshot2 and will take it up with their team. 

Thanks for this!

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

They mentioned that the roll cage is new and has some adjustability.  They also made new spacers for the number plate for proper angle..

Who is Paisen?

Max

Asked my LHS to get me one, got the BH WO, so figured I better get this one too

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mtbkym01 said:

Asked my LHS to get me one, got the BH WO, so figured I better get this one too

Excellent reasoning 👍🏻, so you will have quite a collection when the do the Lunchbox, Grasshopper, Pumpkin, Monster Beetle and Clod too 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 11/12/2022 at 5:18 PM, Wheel_Nut said:

The colour scheme is an exact copy of the Blockhead motors Wild One.   Jun Watanabi has a reputation as a designer, so I think he should have come up with something original for this release.

Yes, that's the surprise to me too. It's not like the blue and white is a standard Blockhead livery. Even all their custom work across other buggies I would have thought a unique scheme made more sense. 

I do really like some of the changes; the raised roof, the extra panels etc and I reckon I would get one to then paint my own way.

On 11/11/2022 at 1:49 PM, tamiya3speed said:

Was really hoping the next Blockhead would be a Monster Beetle!

A Blockhead Monster Beetle would be AWESOME!

On 11/11/2022 at 11:18 PM, Wheel_Nut said:

The colour scheme is an exact copy of the Blockhead motors Wild One.   Jun Watanabi has a reputation as a designer, so I think he should have come up with something original for this release.

I agree that color wise it seems a bit "already done".  BUT... as most non-tamiya-obsessed RC peeps will only really know Blockhead Motors from the Wild One release, it probably stands to reason that this is offering some brand continuity.  Plus, while Jun Watanabi's stuff has become very collectable over time, there is still the thing where his Hornet was a FLOP at the time.  With the Wild One release selling like hotcakes, it makes sense perhaps to stick with that "theme"?

On 11/12/2022 at 11:38 AM, GTodd said:

MaYbe it should’ve been called Hotshot 3 but this looks great. 

On 11/12/2022 at 6:50 PM, skinned said:

I think it's cool cause it's a different kind of hotshot2....

I think both these points are good... it would have been VERY interesting to call it HotShot 2.5, or something like that...

On 11/14/2022 at 1:46 PM, Willy iine said:

I feel like if they are doing the Blockhead Motors version, then almost certainly they are committed to doing a regular HS2 version within the next year.  As long as they don't mess with the body mold (adding dimples and such for the Blockhead number plates), doing a HS2 would be as easy as swapping in some HotShot A/B parts, and feeding some red pellets into the injection mold machine for the CVA's.

My guess is that if this version sells well (so buy buy buy everyone!...ha ha ha), we will see a HS2 and a Super Sabre ReRe within the next year or two.

15 hours ago, GeeWings said:

I do really like some of the changes; the raised roof, the extra panels etc and I reckon I would get one to then paint my own way.

I kinda feel like the changes and livery are a bit fugly... but then I realize I'm just fantasizing about a box art original HS2.  When I try to look at it with an open mind, it is kind of unique and fun in it's own odd way.  The more I look, the more I like.  I feel like this is gonna be a HOT kit...

8 hours ago, Gaoh X said:

It's up at Tower for those that care/shop there

Not a bad price considering Tamiya jacked the prices across the line earlier this year. Well cheaper than the Hotshot or Super Hotshot (when it was available). The HS2 is a good performing member of the family.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2022 at 12:26 AM, kontemax said:

Who is Paisen?

Max

The older guy in the Tamiya videos!;) It´s his nickname in the web.

• Like 1

Would a Super Sabre body fit this with little or no modification do you think?

I've wanted a Super Sabre for a very long time but I'd be surprised if Tamiya re-released one of their least popular kits. I guess I'd just need the SS's body mount posts, I'm not bothered by the shocks being the "wrong" colour.

For what it's worth, I quite like the BH colour scheme, especially on the Super HS from a few years back.

I purchased the wild one Blockhead Motors and when I see this I ask my LHS to order me one and he also got one for himself and one to sell in the store. LOL

On 11/26/2022 at 5:14 AM, Evetsyelspih said:

i wonder if it will come with real bearings. Hopefully not those plastic bushings! Anybody know?

I doubt it. Tower price was like 230 I think. I have a sealed set coming and have the rest of the stuff already for it. Just need the kit now. :D

Cory

On 11/24/2022 at 5:20 AM, ruebiracer said:

The older guy in the Tamiya videos!;) It´s his nickname in the web.

likely wordplay on Senpai (senior)

On 11/29/2022 at 8:49 PM, RC4x4 said:

I doubt it. Tower price was like 230 I think. I have a sealed set coming and have the rest of the stuff already for it. Just need the kit now. :D

Cory

Thanks. Does it take the regular Hotshot bearing set? If not do you have a part number?

On 12/1/2022 at 4:38 PM, Evetsyelspih said:

Thanks. Does it take the regular Hotshot bearing set? If not do you have a part number?

I would think it would. I ordered a bearing kit from FastEddys. Kit is set to arrive Febuary.

Cory

Not long to wait until release now, 3 weeks here in the UK.  Tamico have just done an unboxing video:

• Like 1

I'm both impressed that Tamiya made improvements to the Hotshot for this release...yet a bit baffled that its $50 cheaper. But I'm not complaining, $50 leaves money for bearings and a better servo.

What I'm curious to know is how the Hotshot family competes against the TT-02B line-up, other than most Hotshots looking neater.