Sign in to follow this  
Nesrak

TT-02 rally spring options

Man I've been here frequently... Anyway!

I got some 60mm shocks and the Tamiya hard tuned spring kit for my TT-02 that I'm building for rally and was wondering which density springs to use where? I was thinking medium in the front and hard in the back but I really don't know... Does anyone know what should go where?

I’ve got a TT02 I carpet race so my spring choice will be very different but I always use harder in the front than the rear. 

The new Tamiya gold colored springs that come with SR kit are nice , they are between red and yellow in stiffness. I have them on one with cva dampers , the xv02 uses front buggy aluminum dampers front and back, but I think they are 65mm. I have 2 pairs of Trf ssbb but the use the wider springs , they come with the green which are super soft, I find them good with 60mm damper but too soft with the shorter 54mm

Alright so here's the final verdict:

It's better to use stiffer in the front and softer in the rear. It makes it feel much better to drive and in my experience it rolls less as well.

I ended up using hard (blue) springs in the front and medium (yellow) springs in the rear. Also I'm using 60mm shocks with long eyelets bringing them to about 67mm long.

1ea03fb6-ea29-4c1c-8875-b0ecaebcd28e.thumb.jpg.091544fa09a552ee44bc140fc1efdbfa.jpg