tamiya_star

TR-15T Unknown Clear Part

Can anyone tell me what this is please?

It's a some sort of clear cover and is stamped 44001 and it came out of a TR-15T kit box. I just have no idea what it is. It's not mentioned anywhere in the instructions.

Any help would be appreciated.

IMG_4035_.jpg

Update:- The stamp says 44-001-1 and in the centre of the top part there is an indentation for a screw hole to be drilled.

This is a very strange part I don't know if it's some sort of cover or just a discarded bit of packaging from the blister packs

I believe what you have there is a piece of packaging that fits in between the components contained within the big blister pack that holds the chassis, air filter, etc, stopping them from rubbing together in transit. 

11 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

I believe what you have there is a piece of packaging that fits in between the components contained within the big blister pack that holds the chassis, air filter, etc, stopping them from rubbing together in transit. 

Thanks very much I knew at least one person might know.

I think in that case it’s a pretty worthless piece. I’ll keep it though I won’t bin it afterall it’s almost 30 years old.

1 hour ago, Collin said:

I had two NIB TR15T and never saw this one bevor.

The thing is you would probably never notice it unless you unbox it. If you kept the TR-15T in the box this piece would barely be noticeable.

You can see the outline of it under the muffler. It stops the muffler and the chassis rubbing. I still think it's a pretty worthless yet interesting piece.

img49276_524201882906_2_1100_.jpg

Okay. Will it fit into the rear loading area of the body or inside the cabin? That was my second thought.

Yust checked in real, in my opinion its only secures the muffler is not scratching the parts below during transport in the box.

9 minutes ago, Collin said:

Okay. Will it fit into the rear loading area of the body or inside the cabin? That was my second thought.

Yust checked in real, in my opinion its only secures the muffler is not scratching the parts below during transport in the box.

Fair enough. I think we can now consider this problem solved :)

• Like 1

Yep. Unless someone comes with a better theory : )

But honestly you cought me. I thought I know every bit on this model and really needed to have a look on my one NIB Kit : ) The other one was unpacked 1993 when it was released.