Sign in to follow this  
Pablo68

Optima Radio Plate

I know this is the wrong part of the forum, but I'd like the question to be noticed.

This is a curly one. I have an Optima chasis I'm restoring and I'm almost up to installing electrics. This thing is basically an OG with a few new bits here and there.
The Radio plate has me confuse though. It's plastic, not any kind of FRP, and it doesn't have holes in it up front for any kind of servo mounting. There doesn't look like there is enough room for the steering servo either.

I've been looking through manuals, and checking pics on Ebay, but I'm not seeing anything like it. Doesn't look like it's off a Javelin either.
Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Pablo68 said:

And here's a picture.

IIRC correctly the Optima Pro moved the battery forward for better weight distribution. I'd don't think they came with the usual MSC from that era and the steering servo was actually mounted behind the, now forward mounted, battery. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

IIRC correctly the Optima Pro moved the battery forward for better weight distribution. I'd don't think they came with the usual MSC from that era and the steering servo was actually mounted behind the, now forward mounted, battery. 

Thanks a heap for that. Thought I was going nuts for a bit. Yeah I thought the same as you, but couldn't find anything that looked like that top plate in the manuals I found.
I have an OG body for this thing, The battery won't fit under it in its position on this plate. So I think another top plate is in order.

• Like 1

No problem. Yeah, Kyosho designed a new body with under cowl to accommodate the new pack position. I discovered a Pro body can work with a standard Optima when I modified one to fit my re-release, but not the other way around I guess.

20211226_130047

I would think a new top plate would do the trick.

• Like 4