Jump to content
kontemax

A couple of wrong steps by Tamiya on re-releases

Recommended Posts

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, in my humble opinion.

Back in the days one of my mates bought a Super Sabre because he loved the way it looks, and he still does. I couldn't understand how somebody could spend money on a Super Sabre as you could have bought the much better looking Boomerang for the same amount of money. I still think the Boomerang is the better looking car of these two.

But who am I to tell my friend he got it all wrong, or who is he to tell me I got it all wrong about the Boomerang? 

We accepted eachothers opinion and still enjoy eachothers company to talk and enjoy our RC cars, (or toys as someone less educated would call them)

I like a world where people respect each other's beliefs :)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2022 at 9:24 PM, Tamiyastef said:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, in my humble opinion.

Back in the days one of my mates bought a Super Sabre because he loved the way it looks, and he still does. I couldn't understand how somebody could spend money on a Super Sabre as you could have bought the much better looking Boomerang for the same amount of money. I still think the Boomerang is the better looking car of these two.

But who am I to tell my friend he got it all wrong, or who is he to tell me I got it all wrong about the Boomerang? 

We accepted eachothers opinion and still enjoy eachothers company to talk and enjoy our RC cars, (or toys as someone less educated would call them)

I like a world where people respect each other's beliefs :)

As I previously said, concerning aesthetics, it's a matter of taste but there are recognized rules also.

Max

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kontemax said:

As I previously said, concerning aesthetics, it's a matter of taste but there are recognized rules also.

I love this thread, and how it's mixing in opinions both subjective and objective.  When we start blending the lines between rules and tastes we almost start entering into a discussion on the philosophy of art.  Oh what a tangled mess that could (would?) become...

I love how we have such a varied user base here.

:)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

I love this thread, and how it's mixing in opinions both subjective and objective.  When we start blending the lines between rules and tastes we almost start entering into a discussion on the philosophy of art.  Oh what a tangled mess that could (would?) become...

I love how we have such a varied user base here.

:)

I'm sorry for the long reading.

"De Gustibus non disputandum est" said my Roman Ancestors: no arguing about taste, but there are codes and rules very ancient that define what is beauty and what is not, what is balanced and what is not.
These codes comes from the Ancient Greece (for example the Polykleitos' canon about human proportions), then where adopted and evolved in Italy by the Romans, then after the Empire they where adopted again and evolved in the Italian Renaissance.
Genius people like Leonardo Da Vinci, Michelangelo Buonarroti, Raffaello Sanzio (not to mention about all the architects like Filippo Brunelleschi) used this knowledge to further create and codify the beautiful. Their studies have led to new discoveries such as the geometrical perspective (Giotto, Piero Della Francesca, Leon Battista Alberti),  the aerial perspective and the human proportions of the Vitruvian Man (Leonardo Da Vinci), the Caravaggio's chiaroscuro, recognizing the Fidia's golden section, the Fibonacci's golden spiral, the use of mathematics in shapes and proportions, the same mathematics that is found in the shapes and proportions of nature, in a snowflake, in a crystal, in a flower.
All these knowledge arrived to us trough the time and centuries with new discoveries and sadly stopped with the invention of photography.
This new technical instrument was not beatable in reproduction of the reality, probably it was the death of the good painting but not the death of the research for the beauty.
In fact the photographic composition of the image follows the same rules of painting and art.
The cinema, that I made in the past years, follow the same rules as well.
In the beginning of the 20th Century there was the research for the Gestalt Theorie (Theory of the shape), the Color Theory and many other studies.
These are more than 5000 years of history and researches in the western, in Europe, that a group of self defined german "philosophers" in the 30ies tried to destroy for political reasons: the Frankfurter School.
Because of these people we are in the era of ugliness and the recent "Balenciaga scandal" is the perfect example of the research for ugliness and horror.
This attempt to subvert and destroy the classic and the sense of beauty had a strictly political reason and has nothing to do with the art but with command & control.
For this reason I said that no arguing about taste but there are good taste and bad taste and who follows the bad taste has no knowledge of art and its rules or else is a Frankfurter School disciple.
There's only one way to draw the Golden Section, for example, because it's math that draws the Golden Section. The Golden Section is the beauty. If you draw the Golden Section with a different proportion is no more the Golden Section so is no more beauty.
A good designer knows these rules, or better should know these rules.
If a designer reject these rules have an ego problem or doesn't know them, both ways he is not a designer or a good designer.
I strongly believe that all these "young designers" have these two characteristics, in addiction they are influenced by the Frankfurt School, that exploded in the western in the last 30 years.
The total lack of humility, typical of sponsored and overrated young people, does the rest.
I believe also that the "humble and unknown Tamiya designer" (something similar to a simple employee) has a far away long better taste than a "overrated superstar young designer" that for sure is the other kind of designers, the one I don't like.

Max

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I studied all this stuff at university and I am here to have fun doing RC modelling and driving, on the track and in my garden, regardless many serious matters"

Collin, 2023 A.C.

 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Collin said:

"I studied all this stuff at university and I am here to have fun doing RC modelling and driving, on the track and in my garden, regardless many serious matters"

Collin, 2023 A.C.

 

 

And hey my friend, you are a good designer, too!:) Think of the Dyna Air scoop for example...

Have fun,

Matthias

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2022 at 12:16 PM, Collin said:

"I studied all this stuff at university and I am here to have fun doing RC modelling and driving, on the track and in my garden, regardless many serious matters"

Collin, 2023 A.C.

 

 

A. C.?

Max

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...