Nesrak

Tire Foams for TT-02: What options?

I'm looking at getting some tire foams for my TT-02 but I don't know which to get. There are the 60d foams, the 4wd hard foams, some soft foams etc. but I don't know which to get. Pretty much everywhere the 4wd ones are out of stock so I was mainly wondering if the 60d foams would work?

What tyres are you using? The packaging for the Tamiya tyres normally gives the recommended foam insert for the tyre and track grip conditions. Theres also differnt widths 24 med/narrow and kit standard 26mm wide depending on your wheels / trye combination

I think 60D foams are possibly m-chassis wheel size so smaller than touring car wheels like the TT02

37 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

What tyres are you using? The packaging for the Tamiya tyres normally gives the recommended foam insert for the tyre and track grip conditions. Theres also differnt widths 24 med/narrow and kit standard 26mm wide depending on your wheels / trye combination

I think 60D foams are possibly m-chassis wheel size so smaller than touring car wheels like the TT02

I checked m chassis wheel size and it said 42mm and then I checked tt-02 wheel size and it was also 42mm. I could be wrong though. I'm using the stock Audi quattro a2 rally rims.

@Nesrak For touring-size tires as the 26mm Radials supplied with the Audi Quattro kit, Tamiya offers the following sponges:

• 53113 Soft
  • 53156 Hard

Soft sponges will have a bit more grip than hard ones. I always use hard because it results in more tire life. The soft sponges allow the tire to flex more, thus increasing the chances of a "ring of death" failure where the tire wears-out in a ring close to the inner edge, but material is still left on the middle section.

588623d1272990652-unusual-front-tire-wea

• Thanks 1

Here I am limited to Tamiya Cup rules and have to use Tamiya tires

Type A and B3 tires with hard sponge on asphalt , b3 in warmer or hot weather and A in cooler weather.  B3 tires with soft foam for when it is in between. A tires with soft foam when it is very cool. But yesterday was 11degrees C and we were all using A and hard, I tried A and soft but everything was covered in bits of burnt rubber

914AE276-50AC-40A3-A4CF-C25405682818.jpeg

2E659D08-3298-46E4-AB2B-D11688CB8B27.jpeg

Thanks guys! I'll make sure to get the hard inner sponges.

Also I learned that the regular 1/10 rims are I believe 60mm and not 42 like Google said they were. Good thing I didn't buy those foams!