Sign in to follow this  
JeepnMike

Seeking Quality US Painter For FAV Driver

Hey folks!

It has been a while since I have visited...  I got sucked into the racing scene so pretty much everything became AE or TLR.  I actually did really well making the DB-01s pretty competitive, but eventually had to cave to what is mainly carried in racing hobby shops.  Life has slowed back down a little, so I am getting back to my joy of Tamiya classics, and have fully restored my Frog to Box art, I will be doing the same with my Hotshot, and I just spent a small fortune obtaining a new FAV which was truly a favorite over my Frog when I was a kid - the one I actually wanted but never did get.

Anyway, while I have zero plans to run the FAV, I am also not just going to leave in the box to 'have', the joy is in the build, so I am building it hopefully to as close to box art as I can get.  I know the 2011 kit comes with stickers for the camo parts, I have no idea if they actually stick long-term or not (I would love feedback there if anybody has experience with that).  And of course...  the driver, you can't hide that part on a FAV  LOL.  While I enjoy painting polycarbonate bodies, I have zero faith in my painting skills for a driver figure remotely close to box art.  I know there is a lot of talent here..   Does anybody have a recommendation for someone in the US that paints figures like this that would enjoy giving it a whirl and making a little extra money?

Thanks very much!!

- Mike

JeepNMike,

If you have trouble finding someone, hit me up with a DM. I'm down the road in Olympia. You can check out my showroom if you'd like. I'm also ex-military so I'm pretty familiar with BDUs and the 9th Infantry Div here on JBLM back in the early 80's.

On 12/5/2022 at 3:49 PM, NWarty said:

JeepNMike,

If you have trouble finding someone, hit me up with a DM. I'm down the road in Olympia. You can check out my showroom if you'd like. I'm also ex-military so I'm pretty familiar with BDUs and the 9th Infantry Div here on JBLM back in the early 80's.

I am going to do exactly that..  Sidenote, my father was a tank commander (circa 1974) stationed at both Lewis as well as Fort Bliss where I was born.

Thank you sir!