Gebbly

Has the Pershing kit changed over time?

I am toying with getting the Pershing 56016 kit and as it has been around for a while I wondered if the kit has had any changes made over time or if a brand new kit today would be the same as one from 20 years ago?

It should be the same as it always was. It is a good kit. Tight for wiring. Uses fiber optics for lighting. It is a better kit than the very first kits.RE: Tiger 1, King Tiger, Gepard, First Leopard tanks. But no there has been no updates or changes over time.

• Like 1

If the Manual is anything to go by then there must have been a change to it at some point as the original mentions the use of a single Light Unit from which three wires with LEDs at their ends sprout from with the latter going into the Light Buckets at the front and rear of the tank. MY Kit came with a supplemental Manual listing some changes including a new three-piece Light Unit adding a front and rear light box holding one LED each and from which Light Fibers then go into the Light Buckets. IMHO, I'd have preferred the one LED per Light Bucket Solution.

Concerning the Turret Rotation Problem I'd recommend simply NOT securing the Cable Loom connecting the Turret with the Chassis in the C-Shaped Cutout in the Turret Ring as Tamiya Intends it but rather having it "Glide" into the Chassis at a very shallow angle thus preventing the rather stiff cable from colliding with the DMD in the chassis which inadvertently causes the Turret Rotation to come to a halt because of the Clutch not being able to overpower it. My Poor Man's M26 Pershing Build Blog discusses this to some degree - May also give you some ideas for your build if you do get one yourself.