Sign in to follow this  
Elbowloh

Receiver dead

Hi  i have a Carson Wheel Pro 3, with matching receiver.

I've just swapped the receiver over to a new chassis, plugged it all in, it worked for a second and then died.

Now the transmitter has a flashing red led (not bound) and no lights at all on the receiver. Is it dead? 

ESC is Carson Dragster 70a. It has a flashing red led, which I think means neutral throttle. I don't have another receiver to check if its anything else.

I would try and re-bind in the first instance. And make sure you have everything plugged in the right way.

Yeah i've tried rebinding, but there is no led on implying there is no power or it's dead? Pretty sure the wires are in correct and the LED is flashing on the ESC, so the battery is charged.

Are you plugged in to the correct channels on the receiver?  Steering servo should be in Ch1, the ESC in Ch2.  Also check that the leads are in the receiver the correct way round.  Yellow/white should be in the inside from memory.

Yes, servo in 1 and ESC in 2. 

Signal wire on left (inside) and black/brown on right (outside)

Ouch.. sounds like ESD may have killed it.  I would unplug everything, let it sit overnight and try again in the morning.  If still dead, probably is. GL..

It could be that the ESC's BEC circuitry died and no power is being sent to the receiver.  The ESC spec sheet says the BEC circuit can supply 6V at 2A.

Was the steering servo plugged into the receiver when things went dead?  Could the steering servo have been binding too far left or right, causing excessive current draw?

If you have a multimeter and are comfortable using it, try checking to see if the ESC is putting out any voltage on the wires going to the receiver.

• Like 1

I can also try putting the receiver back into the other chassis  (has same type of ESC) and see if it works, to see if its the ESC or the receiver.

So it is the receiver (or tx).

Moved it back into the old chassis and didn't work either. 

Different tx/rx works in both chassis.