Nicadraus

Rally Cars (official thread)- Choose your option

On 12/3/2022 at 4:18 AM, Nicadraus said:

Didn't you just weaken the suspension arm? Why not shave from the chassis instead. Remove the droop stopper and the edges of the chassis where it limits the suspension arm's movement.

The chassis arms are made of good plastic, very strong but can be flexed. Plus if an arm does break then I replace an arm, if the chassis breaks I'm rebuilding the whole car.

16 hours ago, lifeofbrian2007 said:

The chassis arms are made of good plastic, very strong but can be flexed. Plus if an arm does break then I replace an arm, if the chassis breaks I'm rebuilding the whole car.

To properly modify it, shaving the chassis than shaving the arms would be a better option in an engineer's point of view which is also obvious. Good plastic strength is no good is you shave half of it. It didn't need to flex because it needs to be stiff. 

@Nicadraus excellent topic, congrats!

Any thoughts on M05ra chassis? I would really love one with a Mitsubishi CZT ABC body.

I understand that its capabilities in off road rallying are very limited but is it an overall fun car? 

6 hours ago, TamiyaD said:

Any thoughts on M05ra chassis? I would really love one with a Mitsubishi CZT ABC body.

I understand that its capabilities in off road rallying are very limited but is it an overall fun car? 

I have no experience in M05 or the M05ra so I can't really comment on that. But I'm quite skeptical if it can keep up with the XVs & PTGs.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TamiyaD said:

The M05 is an overall a fun chassis in my experience, being FWD it won't kick out on acceleration, but its lightweight and well balanced so its easy to throw around off throttle.

I will caution you to avoid running the RA uprights in "rally" setting on pavement, or you risk traction rolling. Also, these chassis like to eat their front tires if you don't rotate them (much like a real car).

It having a narrow (and very stiff) chassis does reduce its contact area, but even a basic TT-02 is probably better off-road if things get bumpy.

• Like 1

My friends and I organized a RC Rallycross event on a tarmac surface. This is the first leg of the series and some will be held on soil and loose gravel surfaces too. 

Here are some pics from the two-days weekend's race. Format f race was time attack. Individual cars to race the fastest time in three laps. More than 20 participants came and joined.

TT-01/02, XV-01, XV-02, FF-03, LC Racing PTG-2/2R, LRP-S10

The track which I designed myself.

3xXy2Rrh.jpg

jj2AHVjh.jpg

OCVB5DFh.jpg

4NBEqmlh.jpg

MBNWi7bh.jpg

Tamiya TT-02

fk9L6o8h.jpg

LC Racing PTG-2

tzfrq7eh.jpg

YJQy1dGh.jpg

S7YpATAh.jpg

e6mniKOh.jpg

NNYQqInh.jpg

791txQqh.jpg

tJr9Dnlh.jpg

my7rkkxh.jpg

TT5zUz7h.jpg

qslMxjnh.jpg

NKZgHMxh.jpg

9J5wFYFh.jpg

LC Racing PTG-2R

UziJ2t8h.jpg

G1jtGH4h.jpg

FqwFIBah.jpg

LRP-S10R

5T8ff5Yh.jpg

LC Racing PTG-2R

ddHcyjHh.jpg

eFkPXB4h.jpg

LC Racing PTG-2R

k0oUAKZh.jpg

The FF03RR was driven by my daughter while I drove my XV-01

eI5pqdHh.jpg

ISN1aFIh.jpg

qo3ZSPeh.jpg

gBnJ5BIh.jpg

• Like 12

Looks like a great event @Nicadraus!  And nice track design.  Technical and keeps even the faster car folks on their toes.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

Looks like a great event @Nicadraus!  And nice track design.  Technical and keeps even the faster car folks on their toes.  

Thanks Calvin! It was fun and everyone who joined really had a great time. Especially for those who have not raced in a long time. :)

• Like 1

There's a newcomer and it's pretty cheap. Retails at $120

SNRC DT2

HTB1UYriIa6qK1RjSZFmq6x0PFXaX.jpg

H6a93eb07e5314500a586617021239f28v.jpg

H0ef3363d7de241479c35bff683794f33O.jpg?width=1000&height=667&hash=1667

39b7fd2c25ce86fbc1adbb99ae6ae187

HTB1FjZVbffsK1RjSszgq6yXzpXac.jpg

Specs:

• Width: 190 mm
  • Wheelbase: 260-265 mm
  • Chassis: 6061T6
  • Drivetrain: Belt
  • Car Level: Pro/Competition Version
  • Car Type: 4wd Rally (pre-assembled)
  • Tires: Rally 74*26/30
  • Body Shell: PC Clear 

• High quality aluminum chassis/upper deck/shock towers  

• Adjustable aluminum shock 

• Aluminum arm mounts included 

• Quick changed battery system 

• Come with all terrain rally tires 

• Belt drive 4WD 

• Fully adjustable chassis stiffness/alignment 

• Tons of spare and option parts support 

• Poly-carbonate body shell 

• Window masks and body stickers 

•Transmission - using belt-driven to reduce car weight and gap 

• Using Front Alum Solid Axle and Rear Differential to up-grade its steering. Front Alum Shaft is made by 6061 T6 with CNC processing. Material for Rear Rear Differential is Graphite, together with Alloy steel machine to made Transmission outdrive, car is lightweight but powerful strength 

• Aluminum parts are equipped in car kits. All Alloy parts are made by 6061 T6 with CNC processing. 

• Each car is standardized comes with 4 x CVD. Front Wheel is using CVD universal joint. Material is alloy steel precision machined. It is benefit to superior its strength, narrow gap and lightweight. 

• Each car is come with high precision rubber seal ball bearings. It helps to reduce friction and dust. 

• Each car is included 4 x alum shock absorber. it is CNC machined. High resistance to abrasion. 

• Enclosed precision Pivot balls, seamless design and matched with Ultra-smooth ball joint. It can help to reduce its resistance. 

• Included 4 pieces of 6061T6 Aluminum Alloy Parts. Thickness is 2.0 mm. It is high-precision machining, lightweight and high strength. 

• Each car comes with 10.9 level high-strength Alloy steel Allen screws 

• Each car comes with fixed pulley and spur gear (Graphite material). It can powerful its strength and gliding.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

There's a newcomer

And I like it but would be very hesitant to drive it off road. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

And I like it but would be very hesitant to drive it off road. 

True. But for a tarmac rally, this would be a good contender. What surprises me is the price considering the amount of nice quality parts included. Aluminum galore! Almost nothing to upgrade.

With as many giant, empty parking lots as we have in the States Im surprised that we don't have more tarmac rallys.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kowalski86 said:

With as many giant, empty parking lots as we have in the States Im surprised that we don't have more tarmac rallys.

We didn't have that too until my friend and I started an open space tarmac rallying during the pandemic in 2021. Then invited a couple more peeps to join. Then just this month, we had our first official tarmac rally race which we've planned since November last year. 

I think you should organize something similar and invite friends to join too.

58 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

I think you should organize something similar and invite friends to join too.

I wish I could, most people that I know are more into trading cards than trading paint. Our local indoor track is inside of a near dead mall with more than enough empty parking spots outside for tarmac rally, maybe I can run it by them.

• Like 1

That SNRC looks pretty good! Do they have a webpage? Anywhere to look at the different models? I only get AliExpress results from google

18 hours ago, Kowalski86 said:

You can have fun by yourself o with a couple of friends in these 'giant empty parking lots', at least until security kicks you out. But if you want to have some sort of official event, the insurance companies will probably make it impractical. This is the US unfortunately. There are racers where I live who spent an enormous amount of time and energy to get some racing going in the friendliest parking lot (or at least the least hostile one) of town. The racing fees were 20$ PER CLASS for 3 heats of 5 min... That all went to the insurance. Meanwhile the racers spent the whole day outside cleaning up the track with leaf blowers and installing the track markers (old fire hoses), then tearing it down a few hours later. A lot of hard work and a lot of money just to be able to run the cars once a week.

The commercial on road tracks have all but disappeared since the interest has reduced and what is left has shifted to off road.

• Sad 2

On 3/28/2023 at 11:29 AM, Nicadraus said:

There's a newcomer and it's pretty cheap. Retails at $120

SNRC DT2

HTB1UYriIa6qK1RjSZFmq6x0PFXaX.jpg

H6a93eb07e5314500a586617021239f28v.jpg

H0ef3363d7de241479c35bff683794f33O.jpg?width=1000&height=667&hash=1667

39b7fd2c25ce86fbc1adbb99ae6ae187

HTB1FjZVbffsK1RjSszgq6yXzpXac.jpg

Specs:

• Width: 190 mm
  • Wheelbase: 260-265 mm
  • Chassis: 6061T6
  • Drivetrain: Belt
  • Car Level: Pro/Competition Version
  • Car Type: 4wd Rally (pre-assembled)
  • Tires: Rally 74*26/30
  • Body Shell: PC Clear 

• High quality aluminum chassis/upper deck/shock towers  

• Adjustable aluminum shock 

• Aluminum arm mounts included 

• Quick changed battery system 

• Come with all terrain rally tires 

• Belt drive 4WD 

• Fully adjustable chassis stiffness/alignment 

• Tons of spare and option parts support 

• Poly-carbonate body shell 

• Window masks and body stickers 

•Transmission - using belt-driven to reduce car weight and gap 

• Using Front Alum Solid Axle and Rear Differential to up-grade its steering. Front Alum Shaft is made by 6061 T6 with CNC processing. Material for Rear Rear Differential is Graphite, together with Alloy steel machine to made Transmission outdrive, car is lightweight but powerful strength 

• Aluminum parts are equipped in car kits. All Alloy parts are made by 6061 T6 with CNC processing. 

• Each car is standardized comes with 4 x CVD. Front Wheel is using CVD universal joint. Material is alloy steel precision machined. It is benefit to superior its strength, narrow gap and lightweight. 

• Each car is come with high precision rubber seal ball bearings. It helps to reduce friction and dust. 

• Each car is included 4 x alum shock absorber. it is CNC machined. High resistance to abrasion. 

• Enclosed precision Pivot balls, seamless design and matched with Ultra-smooth ball joint. It can help to reduce its resistance. 

• Included 4 pieces of 6061T6 Aluminum Alloy Parts. Thickness is 2.0 mm. It is high-precision machining, lightweight and high strength. 

• Each car comes with 10.9 level high-strength Alloy steel Allen screws 

• Each car comes with fixed pulley and spur gear (Graphite material). It can powerful its strength and gliding.

I thought that looked familiar.. Hobbyking used to sell this as the RZ-4: https://www.liverc.com/news/hobbyking-basher-rz-4-110-scale-4wd-rally-racer-video/#gallery1-2

Also I blame this thread for making me get an XV01 :p

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Norco Kid said:

me get an XV01

Good for you! Lovely chassis that is IMO. I might add I have a soft spot for belt driven cars 😀

2 hours ago, Tamiyastef said:

Good for you! Lovely chassis that is IMO. I might add I have a soft spot for belt driven cars 😀

Ya I saw so much praise for the 01 and with the 02 released I was worried they'd discontinue it so I snatched one! Stuck in customs now :huh:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, foz75 said:

That SNRC looks pretty good! Do they have a webpage? Anywhere to look at the different models? I only get AliExpress results from google

Here you go:

http://www.sn-rc.com/

Here's an unboxing video

Oooohhh I'm tempted! :lol:

• Thanks 1

Yes very tempted, but they're all RTR, aren't they? Most of the fun is building! 

5 hours ago, foz75 said:

Yes very tempted, but they're all RTR, aren't they? Most of the fun is building! 

Strip it down and re-build it. In that way, you wouldn't need the manual anymore.

Well, as long as you remember what parts and screws goes where. Then that's where the manual comes in. :lol:

• Like 1