BuggyDad

Absima transmitter/receiver compatibility

Shopping for receivers I note that Absima R3WPs are now much more money than they were (c.£25), while the R4WP is still about £12. We have been using R3WPs with our CR3P transmitters, plus have picked up a couple more cheap second hand transmitters.

Does anyone know whether they are cross-compatible? I see reference to ANT technology on the R4WPs, not on R3WP/CR3P, so I suspect that may mean they are not, unfortunately, but I'm not sure.

Flysky FS-GR3E/F are what I use with my CR3P. Less than £10 from Aliexpress. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Flysky FS-GR3E/F are what I use with my CR3P. Less than £10 from Aliexpress. 

Ah ha. Thanks. You're a font of knowledge as always. Good to know and they'll do me just fine I'm sure. I don't think they're waterproof but at about a fiver a pop I don't think that matters much - may pop out the circuit boards for a quick squirt of the magic waterproofing spray. 

18 minutes ago, BuggyDad said:

I don't think they're waterproof

They can be. 

tRoABbO.jpg

20 minutes ago, alvinlwh said:

They can be. 

tRoABbO.jpg

Gah. Ordered now. Didn't find that, despite putting precisely that term in the search box, and having found out elsewhere that such a thing does exist. Never mind. Aliexpress can be a bit hit and miss like that for me, for some reason. 

On 11/28/2022 at 9:28 PM, alvinlwh said:

They can be. 

tRoABbO.jpg

Are they really 'Waterproof' ?

I have just sprayed mine with a dirt / water repelling spray and it seems to let moisture bead off weather or not they would survive a submersion remains to be seen....

6 minutes ago, gizard said:

Are they really 'Waterproof' ?

According to this, they are. 

On motors and ESCs, I have used conformal coating spray quite successfully. I have run the same gear with and without it including (accidental) submersion and have yet to have a coated component miss a beat. So my guess is that so called waterproof receivers have been treated similarly. I haven't tried it on a receiver though (most of mine were waterproof OOTB).