Sign in to follow this  
Pla$$tic

Tamiya scam site: tamiya-us.com

So I was shopping for a shiny new XV-01, and had a few tabs open. These guys had it for $283 US, moved onto a new tab to find some other ones to compare. I Left the tab it in between tamiyausa and tamiya.com, both legit sites. 

So I go out to the pub, have a few pints, come back, and just go back to looking for the best deal with shipping. 

Looks like the black friday deals kicked in while I was out, because without looking at which site was which, all I saw, was an XV01 for $81. YUP! Click. YUP! click. 

I didn't even pay attention LOL. All the tabs are red/blue tamiya stars at a glance. Sure it should be $81 because its 10 years old and being replaced by the XV02. Clearance AND black Friday?! What a deal! 

So $160 gets charged to my gift card (Always use gift cards online). Not a big loss, but just thought you guys should know. 

https://www.tamiya-us.com/

Wiselineshop also has the same web template, looks to be part of the sorelshop group scam. 

• Like 2

Ouch.. if credit card, my bank institution would have reimbursed me and chased them down.  Thanks for the heads up.  

8 hours ago, Pla$$tic said:

Wiselineshop 

Street view of address listed in Wiselines contact info:

Em2vIcH.jpg

Glad I searched for possible scam first, I was THIS >< CLOSE to placing an order with them! Prices were just too obviously cheap.

• Like 1

www.tamiya-sale.com

I think this is another one. Almost got me last night while i was tired searching deep for a motor heat sink on a DB01 build im gathering for.  Not a total loss. Found this post and site checking to see if it was a scam and decided to join your club. Thanks! 

Screenshot_Chrome-RTR1.jpg