Ministrone

Toyota Celica Gt-Four 1990

RC Kicks has put out a video to say that Tamiya is re releasing the Toyota Celica GT- four.

This is a big one for me as it was the first RC car I built myself (although a Holiday Buggy was my frst RC).  I'm not sure where RC Kicks gets his information but i'll be watching this closely. 

As you would like this Celica te be released I hope for you it's true. Hoping RC Kicks (a youtube channel I subscribed to a longtime ago and still enjoy very much) also wrongly announced the rerelease of the Falcon a few years back... so don't get too excited yet :) 

There is a post mentioning about this on instagram.

according to the post, model number is 58718 which is based off of tt-02.

So if true, it’s a re release of the 2012 TT02 version instead of the 1991 TA01 original?
That’s a bit disappointing.

I think the body set was rere'd a few years back. 

Not surprising if they release this as a chassis kit that it would be on a TT-02.  Although it would be better suited on a XV-01 or XV-02 if we are to stay in the "rally' chassis design.

• Like 1

I like that Celica but I'd love an ST185 or ST202 in the Castrol livery.

• Like 2

Nice to know the body will be back in circulation. I have a special fondness for this celica, as I pined for the GTS when I first got my drivers license. 

Why not release it with the XV-02 instead and not the TT-02? It's obviously more appropriate for the XVs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

Why not release it with the XV-02 instead and not the TT-02? It's obviously more appropriate for the XV-02

The XV-02 costs a good bit more, and it gets us to buy two kits instead of one.

Why not release it with the XV-02 instead and not the TT-02? It's obviously more appropriate for the XVs.

That would be RAD!  But, it would go directly against Tamiya's long running recent fondness of only putting cool bodies on dull chassis...

I miss the DF03RA/XV01 era... LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

Seems to be following their current trend of offering bodies only on entry level kits such as M05/M06, TT01/TT02. 

• Like 1

That pic from L&L is the old TT-01E version. Don't think Tamiya have released the TT-02 pic yet. But, I do hope that the body comes without holes, unlike the recent Lancer V.

7 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

That would be RAD!  But, it would go directly against Tamiya's long running recent fondness of only putting cool bodies on dull chassis...

I miss the DF03RA/XV01 era... LOL

Tamiya has really dropped the ball with the XV chassis and body choices. Both XV chassis are exceptional; I cannot comprehend why they haven’t been offered with a variety of modern and classic rally bodies.

Back when they were available, I beat up several of those great-looking Celica bodies on my XV-01.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Raman36 said:

Seems to be following their current trend of offering bodies only on entry level kits such as M05/M06, TT01/TT02. 

Which totally sucks. Funny how people fall for the TT-02 trap. Buying them as starter and entry-level BS and will cost more once you upgrade it to make it perform decently. If they offer the bodies to TA or TB kits, they would sell more of those mid-level kits instead of pushing the entry level ones. 

21 minutes ago, Big Jon said:

Tamiya has really dropped the ball with the XV chassis and body choices. Both XV chassis are exceptional; I cannot comprehend why they haven’t been offered with a variety of modern and classic rally bodies.

Me too. People who bought XVs are most likely willing to pay extra for bodies included. Marketing and sales people from Tamiya should consider and think about that. 

• Like 2

Which totally sucks. Funny how people fall for the TT-02 trap. Buying them as starter and entry-level BS and will cost more once you upgrade it to make it perform decently. If they offer the bodies to TA or TB kits, they would sell more of those mid-level kits instead of pushing the entry level ones. 

Theres more money in selling a bottom dollar chassis with a pretty body on it.

The whole body line up for the TT02 is a mess imo, you've got some of the top race cars of their time right alongside more basic cars (yea I'm sure that a vintage Porsche 911 drives exactly the same as a modern Mazda 3 irl), completely throws out whatever scale realism they're supposed to convey,. that being said the TT-02D line up has some unity to it, and imo is a better starting point for that chassis. I'm sure that TT parts are more common than TAs or TBs too.

3 hours ago, Kowalski86 said:

I'm sure that TT parts are more common than TAs or TBs too.

That's where you're wrong. TT parts are mostly for... TT.

TA and TB parts are usually shared with FF, XV, TRF. Which shows how many kits and variants can benefit from each other.

7 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

That's where you're wrong. TT parts are mostly for... TT.

TA and TB parts are usually shared with FF, XV, TRF. Which shows how many kits and variants can benefit from each other.

Good point. Do you think that TTs might easier to assemble for newcomers?

I'm trying to figure out why Tamiyas been pushing that chassis so much myself.

Looks like we’re getting  back the 58606 Alfa 155 Martini as well. It’s a good sign to see a replenish of these bodies. I still hope that someday we will see the E30 M3 again. If HPI is reprinting their BMW bodies, I’m sure Tamiya can sort things out. 

Tamico has them on presale, normal price for a TT02 chassis... I think they have them scheduled for mid march

RERE stickers so no Repsol or Marlboro, Im guessing that MCI will be selling a lot of Celica sticker sets!

Edited by Kalamity
forgot about stickers