Sign in to follow this  
ruebiracer

Alternative bladders for Re-Re Hicap dampers

Hi guys,

fiddling again with Rere Hicaps and was wondering, if anyone on TC found alternative shock bladders for the "short" version?

Doesn´t matter, if Tamiya based or some competitor brand. To my knowledge, Tamiya does not have such a big bladder anymore, since the original Hicaps are gone. All newer Competititon buggy dampers are of "aeration" type, and mix air and oil. I´m looking for a replacement of the stupid red CVA bladder that comes with the Rere´s. Oddly enough, that it´s one size for mini and short Hicaps with 2 different piston diameters.

Any help is appreciated!;) 

hello

are these for vqs or egress,there part no. 9805486 on ebay under egress.iam trying to get set of front hi caps for egress but only do in parts or for vqs.which are shorter.

Hi magpie,

you are correct. 9805486 is the new generation, red bladder design. These I have. I´m looking for a replacement for them with a better design. (more flat)

VQS Hicap set is the same as for Egress. You don´t need to buy single Egress parts at the moment. There are still some suppliers around, that have the complete VQS Hi Cap set.

Top Force instead has short /short Hicaps, so long bodies front and rear.

If you use the Hicap set on an original Vanquish/VQS/Avante 2001 front shock tower, you have to use internal spacers coming with the kit, to reduce the extended length. Or you get the optional front shock mount for Hicaps. The X-shaped one. Unfortunately, it´s not supplied anymore in the VQS damper set. Oh Tamiya... In the first batch, a carbon version was included. Back in the days, an FRP version came with the mini Hicap set for the Vanquish with the same geometry.

Kind regards,

Matthias