Sign in to follow this  
burgerboy78

Twin Detonator dual motor ESC

Hello Gents, 

Can anyone confirm that the Hobbywing Quicrun 0880 Dual Motor Brushed ESC  will work on a stock Twin Detonator? 

The stock MSC is knackered and the hobbywing seems to be the best bet for a dual motor chassis. 

My main concern would be both motors spinning the right direction and not fighting each other. Truck has stock silver cans and 7.2 lipos so nothing flash! 

Here’s the link from model sport 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobbywing-quicrun-0880-dual-motor-brushed-esc-80a-waterproof-440053

thanks!

20 minutes ago, burgerboy78 said:

Hello Gents, 

Can anyone confirm that the Hobbywing Quicrun 0880 Dual Motor Brushed ESC  will work on a stock Twin Detonator? 

The stock MSC is knackered and the hobbywing seems to be the best bet for a dual motor chassis. 

My main concern would be both motors spinning the right direction and not fighting each other. Truck has stock silver cans and 7.2 lipos so nothing flash! 

Here’s the link from model sport 

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/product/hobbywing-quicrun-0880-dual-motor-brushed-esc-80a-waterproof-440053

thanks!

It's working without any problems in my Wild Dagger which got the same  chassis.

That’s the one I have used, silver cans have zero timing so you just reverse the connection’s on one motor so it runs in reverse if I remember correctly.

Can I just add that last time I looked for dual motor ESC's, I may have decided on 2x budget brushless systems instead as the difference in cost is minimal compared to the massive performance increase, which is limited with 2 x brushed motors,...

Let's be honest, before long, you'll want it faster...