Busdriver

Difficulty in contacting Admin

I have noticed recently more and more comments from members about the difficulties in contacting Administrators. This worries me as the last forum that I was on (not RC)collapsed for that very reason. Now it maybe that Administration is contacting members by PM rather than in the open Forum but it does not seem to be the case! I’m not even sure who the Administrators are nowadays. I know @TWINSET pulled out a while ago but who is left. If Administration leave questions continuously unanswered members tend to give up and go to other sources or worse still if problems occur on the site they don’t get fixed an it collapses . I do hope this isn’t the case here???

I'm pretty sure Netsmith still works pretty hard behind the scenes, even if member questions don't always get answered quickly.

Tamiyaclub is generally very stable - it's rare that it stops working, and when it does, it comes back up pretty quickly.  Netsmith usually puts out an update on Facebook when TC is down, and still does a bit of advertising there from time to time.

It's a shame that some users are left without questions answered for a while, but the main thing is the site itself is stable, fast and well-supported, pretty much all the regular posters here are polite and respectful, and we don't need a team of admins to constantly wade in and resolve disputes, delete inappropriate content or fix problems.  In my experience, that's something of an achievement :lol:

• Like 2

I’m not criticising at all. It’s only general concern. I don’t do Facebook so wouldn’t see any comments.! But I love the site and don’t want it it to fail!!

• Like 2

Have to agree with @Busdriver I'm still waiting for my profile pic to be updated from several months ago. Initially had a fast reply saying "send over your image", which I did, but haven't had any replies to the few emails I've sent over the last few months. Not a big deal, just frustrating.

I also sent a PM to the admin (can't remember who) about getting an avatar picture some months ago and never received a response :( 

I’ve never managed to get an avatar. Sent one but never heard anything. That was years rather than months

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

I’ve never managed to get an avatar. Sent one but never heard anything. That was years rather than months

You have to use Tamiyaclub for 69 hours a day to be awarded an avatar!!!. 

Maybe you're not "Tamiya" enough?

I await someone to post the picture of our supreme leader, Mr Tamiya merchandise man!!, Who wears all of the Tamiya merchandise on his body at all times. 

When you finally accept Mr Tamiya merchandise man as your new supreme leader, only then, will you be festooned with a picture under your name......

Or, just ask Netsmith?

I hereby nominate @Busdriver for moderation duties for all eternity.

• Haha 1

Thanks for the vote!!! I did ask netsmith many moons ago, alas bus diving and 69 hours of TC would take me over my drivers hours!!!

• Like 2

I don't do facebook, have no clue what an avatar might be (I saw part of a movie called avatar once, only a part because I didn't liked it :)) and all I ever asked was to get me on TCphotos and that happened within a few days. So I'm happy. I get the frustration of questions that remain unanswered. I can add cars to my showroom and topics or comments on the forum where to quote @Mad Ax "pretty much all the regular posters are polite and respectful" so I can really not ask for much more :D

Avatar II is getting rereleased soon, so I hear off the interwebs. :P 

Hmmmm a lot of legacy rc forums getting sold off to rc-unrelated big holding companies ... they keep them alive even when traffic drops to tumbleweeds - but yeah “admin” often seems elusive. 

RCtech having huge issue atm past 2wks - VB error loading pages on non-desktops, nobody can access via handhelds of any flavor. Mods can’t get their admins to respond etc etc 

18 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

Avatar II is getting rereleased soon, so I hear off the interwebs. :P

Lovely news for the people who liked part 1 😁

20 minutes ago, WillyChang said:

RCtech having huge issue atm

🥺 I can only hope TC will be spared from such things.

Im still looking for a picture of the elusive Tamiya merchandise man,,

Did I imagine him?

Was it a dream I had?, Most likely a hallucination, but we'll say dream for now.

Did anyone else see a picture of the legendary Tamiya merchandise man?

• Haha 1

Hey guys, your best bet is to contact @netsmithUK and wait. I know that's not the answer you want but that's all there really is. We can only really make edits, remove threads and a few other things. I would really like a ban button if you're reading this netsmithuk. :D 

9 hours ago, Busdriver said:

Thanks for the vote!!! I did ask netsmith many moons ago, alas bus diving and 69 hours of TC would take me over my drivers hours!!!

What's the difference between bus driving and bus diving?, If you don't mind me asking.

Sat nav sent you in the sea?

7 hours ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

What's the difference between bus driving and bus diving?, If you don't mind me asking.

Sat nav sent you in the sea?

About 30 metres I guess!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi all,

The only person who can change Avatar's is @netsmithUK Sadly that was because a minority of members were changing them to offensive pictures and clearly that couldnt continue. I don't think that we have ever developed a system that replaced it. Sadly that means every time a member decides they dont like the Avatar they uploaded 20 mins ago Netsmith has to try and keep up. It's a task!!

I agree with the comments above, I dont feel the site is heavily moderated and reported posts are dealt with as notified. One trend I have seen recently though is that just because one member has a differing view doesnt mean if you report it it will be deleted or the other member scalded. I am always curious as to what "offends" people and recently its been a difference of opinion.

We never publicise what we have done with regards any complaint however we do lock threads and/or tidy them up. A lot goes on in the background that you dont see but generally things tick over ok. For 57k members and 444k model pictures things are not to bad I feel but happy to take questions!!

Adam (Acprc)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, acprc said:

For 57k members and 444k model pictures things are not to bad I feel but happy to take questions. 

I wonder how many of those 57k members are active, or ever look here let alone post.

54 minutes ago, toyolien said:

I wonder how many of those 57k members are active, or ever look here let alone post.

Hard to tell, @netsmithUK will probably have some site/member analytics.

It really is pretty much all on @netsmithUK
the mods do see reported posts, but the site stuff is all him, and he does it in his spare time.
 as for active members, I'd bet many of us come and go as our interests change over the years.

Ah so that's why I can't upload an avatar picture. @netsmithUK perhaps is time to return that customisation option to the site members where it belongs. Can't say I've ever heard of a forum where large groups of members upload inappropriate avatars, if it happened here once, unlikely to happen again I'd have thought, particularly with the average age of user here👍

34 minutes ago, futureworks said:

Might be the reason why folks aren’t getting any response at present - see image.

E39FDC6B-62DF-4959-88E8-0F92035092F6.jpeg

Yes I noticed that a while ago!

Hi All

Sorry, it's a fair cop. To be clear the problem is me and not any of the the forum admins who do everything they possibly can to resolve forum issues.Im going to talk to them today to see what we can do to resolve this going forward. Im on the main site every day doing admin stuff but, has as been pointed out, Im not so frequent in the forum. Can't guarantee that will change but Im hoping I can at least stop being a blocker to the admins that really run this place.

Chris

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

22 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

Hi All

Sorry, it's a fair cop. To be clear the problem is me and not any of the the forum admins who do everything they possibly can to resolve forum issues.Im going to talk to them today to see what we can do to resolve this going forward. Im on the main site every day doing admin stuff but, has as been pointed out, Im not so frequent in the forum. Can't guarantee that will change but Im hoping I can at least stop being a blocker to the admins that really run this place.

Chris

The problem is not only the Forum itself... I send a few emails to regain access of my old account months ago, never get an answer.. The ticket process to solve this kind of issue does not work.

I suspect I'm not the only one with these kind of problems, clearly not strictly related to the forum.