Evetsyelspih

Budget Amazon Servo

36 minutes ago, Evetsyelspih said:

I usually use Hitec Devi’s but on my DB01 build I’m going to try something off of Amazon. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I definitely don't want to put you off but the two times I bought off Amazon was two spektrum receivers and they kept on un-binding themselves and a carson metal geared servo that lasted all of one battery:wacko:  but I could have just been unlucky:rolleyes: and I've never used Amazon since!

23 minutes ago, moffman said:

I definitely don't want to put you off but the two times I bought off Amazon was two spektrum receivers and they kept on un-binding themselves and a carson metal geared servo that lasted all of one battery:wacko:  but I could have just been unlucky:rolleyes: and I've never used Amazon since!

IMG_2022-12-9-130329.png.addd7f7c2dd4d2087f28bb790e6ffd74.png

..:ph34r: :lol:

• Like 1

I've found the SPT4412 to be decent for the money. They perform well and cost about US17 or so. I have one in my DB01, but am actually on the lookout for a secondhand Savox 1258TG to replace it with

I've never had good luck "saving money" on servo's.  I'd sooner run a cheaper ESC or RX...

• Like 1

I got some "S3003", pack of 4 for like £15, they work ok for me although YMMY. There will be some that will turn their nose up at them but up to you really.

TvcKbVO.jpg

29 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

IMG_2022-12-9-130329.png.addd7f7c2dd4d2087f28bb790e6ffd74.png

..:ph34r: :lol:

Yep that's the ones SR215 they are the only ones that will bind to the dx4s that I used to use! I have the flysky noble nb4 now and its superb I badgered my LHS to stock them and he eventually agreed to get half a dozen in and he sold them in one day so now I'm slowly converting all my buggies to the flysky!

20221209_193131.jpg

• Like 2

@moffman I think the reason might be that the DX4S is from the previous gen without telemetry so it might be over flowing the return data to the transmitter with signal it does not want, confusing it..(?).  

As far as the SR215, I had one bad one DOA, the rest have been great.  And I've bought more on ebay and they all work fine on my DX5Pro-2021 transmitter.   

Most of my cars have the cheapest servos I can find on Amazon, I just always bought whatever has 4-5 stars and the greatest number of reviews, maybe I’ve been lucky but haven’t had one fail yet out of the 20-30 I have. A lot don’t even have servo savers on them and I used to run 6-10 cars at an outdoor off-road track till I ran out of batteries or they all broke, then go home and fix what I can or grab another car and repeat the next day, everyday for about a year. So they’ve gotten plenty of use/abuse and I’ve been pleased with them, most are dsservo brand I guess and some are sunfounder I think, pretty sure they’re all the same rebranded servos and the specs are prob all lies but they’ve worked great for me. Now if your talking fly sky receivers from Amazon, they’ve all let me down :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Willy iine said:

@moffman I think the reason might be that the DX4S is from the previous gen without telemetry so it might be over flowing the return data to the transmitter with signal it does not want, confusing it..(?).  

As far as the SR215, I had one bad one DOA, the rest have been great.  And I've bought more on ebay and they all work fine on my DX5Pro-2021 transmitter.   

Oh yeah mate spektrum are really good and the quality is brilliant and other than the receivers I got off Amazon I've had no trouble with them! that's what I was told basically my radio was second generation and the new spektrum transmitters are completely different and only the basic spektrum receiver would bind to it I didn't get the noble because I thought the spektrum was no good I just got it because it looks so cool and the quality of it is on another level and no batteries just a charging point:) actually can you get it on Amazon? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, moffman said:

Oh yeah mate spektrum are really good and the quality is brilliant and other than the receivers I got off Amazon I've had no trouble with them! that's what I was told basically my radio was second generation and the new spektrum transmitters are completely different and only the basic spektrum receiver would bind to it I didn't get the noble because I thought the spektrum was no good I just got it because it looks so cool and the quality of it is on another level and no batteries just a charging point:) actually can you get it on Amazon? 

Oh yeah, no I wasn't defending Spektrum at all, I just happened to have good experience with the particular radio I have and receivers.  I'm a fan of JR Propo from back in the R1 days and Futaba, actually.  Your radio looks top notch with the large screen and all.  

Amazon has a lot of good stuff even their $15 servos work real well.. like that 20kg no brand servos I run in my  M38's.. take one M38 and it costs a lot more than a new Egress.  That's how much trust I have in those Amazon servos.  B)  Price isn't everything.

• Like 1

Wasted alot of money, buying cheap,  over the years.

My budget goto servo, is the CoreRC 9016MG.

• Like 1

I've had a lot of luck recently with Power Hobby servos.

I mounted one of these in my Bush Devil (moved from my CC02):  https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobby-130mg-waterproof-servo.html

And I replaced the one in my CC02 that went in my Bush Devil with this one:  https://www.powerhobby.com/powerhobby-190mg-servo.html

I liked the 130mg so much, I got a third for my Black Ranger (Frog) steering rack mod I'm working on.

Terry

I have a lot of experience with Amazon servos so I'll chime in.  I have run the DS3218/DS3225 for a while and never had a problem, mostly in crawlers through mud, water, trails, etc.  These are the red case 20kg/25kg servos.  Make sure to get the versions with white/red/black wires, the yellow/brown/red wire versions are junk.  

The DS3218 Pro is the absolute best bargain in RC gear.  It has a full stainless steel gear set, is quick enough, and tough as nails.  I run the Pro on all of my Pro Mod racing monster trucks (LMTs/SMTs, etc) without servo savers and have never broken a single gear.  Have broken knuckles and even aluminum servo arms, but never hurt one of these servos.  They are awesome and only cost $18, absolutely can't beat it.  People think I'm nuts running without servo savers and think I'm even crazier when they see I run "cheap Amazon servos".  Wouldn't have it any other way, I'd take one of these over an expensive servo anyday; they have been very, very good to me.  I've seen plenty of Savox/Protek servos destroyed in racing trucks WITH savers, and I can't hurt one of these guys without a saver.  Really decent piece of equipment.  

https://www.amazon.com/ANNIMOS-Stainless-Digital-Waterproof-Standard/dp/B07KTSVSSJ/ref=sr_1_5?crid=175URXVR685W0&keywords=ds3218+pro&qid=1670640292&sprefix=ds3218+pro%2Caps%2C77&sr=8-5

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 6:18 PM, Willy iine said:

@OoALEJOoO recommended me to some JX servos and they're good for $15.   I run the low profile one on my Fazer 2 (Kyosho RTR). 

That's my current go-to brand. Got them on all my cars and used one of the 35kg ones on my SMT10 build. They're really fast response but aren't twitchy when you need precision.