Mokei Kagaku

New aftermarket aluminium frame for the ORV

I don't know who the manufacturer is, but just like the aluminium Wild One/FAV chassis I posted about some time ago, also this one is offered by RCTechzone on eBay. I'm not tempted to replace the original frame on any of my ORV's, but I still think this is pretty impressive. The original skid plate looks a bit out of place though.

Link to eBay.

s-l1600 (12).jpg

s-l1600 (11).jpg

s-l1600 (10).jpg

s-l1600 (9).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

• Like 7

Nice find!

I like the provision for a centrally-mounted steering servo, but it looks less obvious if it will fit the ORV's original torsion-bar suspension with internal coil spring. Just when we thought the Frog couldn't get tougher... :D

4 hours ago, Grastens said:

will fit the ORV's original torsion-bar suspension with internal coil spring. :D

Looking at it closely, I seriously doubt you'll be able to use the internal spring.

Terry

Hmm. I could replace the chrome plastic chassis on my All Metal Frog to make a True All Metal Frog but then there wouldn't be much Tamiya left :(

I do like it. I'm not sure if it improves anything that much though. Other than the front end at least.

It's cool, that's for sure. Not sure it really address any weak spots though. I've found the main chassis on my ORV to be pretty much the most durable part.

• Like 2