Busdriver

Traxxas TRX4 build

On 12/15/2022 at 4:31 PM, Busdriver said:

A simple question, some of you may have seen that i recently received a TR4 premium builders kit along with TRX4 sport body parts. Now my question is if I were to a build thread where on the site can I put it. I know there are some who are very anti Traxxas and I fully understand that. I notice that the builds section and the off-road board have non Tamiya builds.  Or Should I put it in the none of the above category???”

I would put it in the Monster Trucks, 4x4, Crawlers  section.

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/forum/9-monster-trucks-4x4-wheelie-rigs-and-crawlers/

I posted my MST CFX build and I didn't get any complains as many others posted their non-Tamiya builds there too.

Looking forward to seeing that TRX4 build soon. Merry Christmas! :)

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all of you for your input. I feel confident now to do a build without awakening the Traxxas Trolls or breaking the TC code…. I am awaiting the last few body parts I need then…. Well I had been going to start the chassis yesterday but have felt very under the weather for the past week, turns out I have combined Sinus infection/pneumonia!!! Concentrating might be a little difficult so I’ll wait a little while to see how I improve. At my age chest infections are not good so I need to take it easy. Rest assured I’ll be following TC to aid my recovery.

When I’m ready I think I will put it up in the 4x4 Big wheel section as that seems the most appropriate. 

In @Willy iine’s words I am hoping for a speedy recovery 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Like 3

@Busdriver can’t wait to see your build!

I think mine is over due as well. Was going to do TRX6 scale build/mods last year but due to lack of interests I felt here and some Traxxas negativity going on, I put it off on posting. But hey, I’m  a 80% Tamiya and 20% Kyosho guy and never care for Traxxas until till the Merc G63 AMG 6x6 came out, which is one of my favorite trucks. Traxxas did a good job making it scale accurate so I had to get it even it’s a Traxxas. To my surprise. It’s very well made, high quality and tons of fun and not mention tons of aftermarket parts available to customize to my liking. I ended up getting two TRX6 😁

10 hours ago, JYCM3 said:

@Busdriver can’t wait to see your build!

Was going to do TRX6 scale build/mods last year but due to lack of interests I felt here and some Traxxas negativity going on, I put it off on posting.  😁

I don't really understand why people here would hate Traxxas? Not all Tamiya kits are nice and we all know that. In fact, many of them are advertised as "beginners" but Tamiya forgot to include the word "lousy" as prefix. That, I hate. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

I don't really understand why people here would hate Traxxas? Not all Tamiya kits are nice and we all know that. In fact, many of them are advertised as "beginners" but Tamiya forgot to include the word "lousy" as prefix. That, I hate. :lol:

I think it's the marketing and market segment more than the product. And the lawsuits, of which I don't know the details but seem to have given them a bad rep.

Cars themselves seem well made, the Bigfoot looks great as does the Slash and a few others.

• Like 2