Sign in to follow this  
YelloMello

New production batch of Alfa 155 #58606

for some of you guys this might be boring.

But I'm looking forward to it. I´ve always missed the Alfa 155.

A good friend of mine had this car back in the 90´s with a different livery I guess and he raced it around with an unpainted body.
Every time I remembered him to paint the body, he declared it runs faster without paint.

Very good memorys.

https://tamiyablog.com/2022/12/new-production-batch-of-some-tamiya-rc-kits/

Tamiya-58606.jpg

• Like 3

Nice, love a 90's Touring car. Remember when these rocked up to the BTCC with their illegal higher wings only to have them confirmed as Alfa had sold all the homologated cars with the spacers thrown in the boot for "aftermarket" modification. We definitely need more of these!

• Haha 1

I test drove a (used) Alfa 155 Silverstone once (the homologation special noted above). Bought a 146 instead. This could right that wrong (using very twisted logic).

Not to be ungrateful, but i wish its the TL01 one not the TT02. By the way, someone sell MIB TL01 Alfa 155 for USD 260. Is it worth it?

4 hours ago, Grotty Otty said:

Nice, love a 90's Touring car. Remember when these rocked up to the BTCC with their illegal higher wings only to have them confirmed as Alfa had sold all the homologated cars with the spacers thrown in the boot for "aftermarket" modification. We definitely need more of these!

This is the DTM car rather than the BTCC car, very different machines under the skin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sosidge said:

This is the DTM car rather than the BTCC car, very different machines under the skin.

Do tell.

1 hour ago, Mrowka said:

Do tell.

DTM

https://www.fcaheritage.com/en-uk/heritage/stories/alfa-romeo-155v6

BTCC

https://www.touringcartimes.com/2009/03/15/road-cars-of-touring-car-racing-alfa-romeo-155/

The DTM car was per 'division 1' regs, BTCC 'division 2'.  

One of the main differences was 4WD in DTM, FWD in BTCC but the engines were different too.

• Thanks 3

I remember (i think correctly) Tarquini winning the BTCC in early 90's in a 155, or was it later than that?  All a bit of a blur these days...

2 hours ago, thegorf said:

I remember (i think correctly) Tarquini winning the BTCC in early 90's in a 155, or was it later than that?  All a bit of a blur these days...

1994 :D. My M-plate 146 had a self-congratulatory sticker in the back window to celebrate!

14 hours ago, Morinstal said:

Not to be ungrateful, but i wish its the TL01 one not the TT02. By the way, someone sell MIB TL01 Alfa 155 for USD 260. Is it worth it?

Fully agree. But what can we do? So much interesting bodies on always (nearly) the same chassis.
Maybe one day Tamiya will redeem us with something like they did on the actual rere of the Opel Calibra V6 / TA-02. Everything´s perfect, including the nice box.

Edit: I guess it is only worth it if your are a great chassis or vintage enthusiast or maybe a nib collector. In my opinion you can invest the 260 USD better in other Tamiya fun stuff.

I like this re-release, but I would have preferred the red and white Alfa Romeo livery.

I would also like to see a Opel Omega EVO 500 DTM.

• Like 2

A few years back they had this and the Bosch version but ember the Dekra /Selenia red one. Let’s see what they do this time. 

• Like 1

Today they added the Mercedes-Benz CLK-AMG .. they’re going full re-re on DTMs… BMW please?

Wonder how easy it would be to do a Jägermeister livery on one of these bodies??
  That one was stunning looking I thought 

20 hours ago, stulec52 said:

Wonder how easy it would be to do a Jägermeister livery on one of these bodies??
  That one was stunning looking I thought 

MCI have the decals

https://mciracing.ca/products/1-10th-tam-58585-alfa-romeo-155-v6-ti-jagermeister-decals?_pos=5&_sid=d75cdf422&_ss=r

Just paint the body red. 

I have the L and L repro of this body, running Al Italia livery, which was never raced, it was a Gran Turismo artist I think? Anyway, looks nice, and I race it on my FF01. Lovely handling. 

20210710_162313

• Like 1