Joe Bo

New Releases for Nuremberg 2023 - Fiat 500 Abarth and Golf Mk2 GTI Rally

https://tamiyablog.com/2022/12/future-tamiya-rc-released-that-will-be-probably-presented-at-nuremberg-toy-fair-2023/

I'm so excited the Fiat 500 Abarth is back, but what is the MB-01 chassis? A brief internet search only brings up an older buggy via the Tamiya Legends page. It must be some sort of new low profile m-chassis - as the bodyset needs a low shock tower. Pretty exciting whatever way you look at it though. 

Can't wait to see the Golf, imagine it'll be the usual Tamiya fayre (m rally block tyres and a new livery) but nice to have anyway.

56371 1/14 RC Scania 770S 8×4/4
58712 1/10 RC Porsche 911 GT3 (992) (TT-02 Chassis)
58714 1/10 RC VW Golf MK2 GTI 16V Rally (MF-01X Chassis)
58716 1/10 Toyota GAZOO Racing WRT/GR Yaris Rally1 Hybrid (TT-02 Chassis)
58719 1/10 RC BBX (BB-01 Chassis)
58721 1/10 Fiat Abarth 1000 TCR Berlina Corse (MB-01 Chassis)

• Like 4

I think that BB-01 is going to be a buggy by the looks of the parts lists. Nice to see a different rally body coming too.

Going to be interesting… 

For me the BBX and MB-01 are intriguing... hope the pictures will follow within a few days :D

• Like 1

MB-01 sounds intriguing. I wonder if it could be an M-chassis rally chassis? Bit like a mini version of the XV-02?

• Like 3

That’s the mf01x though in reality.

I think it might be a simple rear wheel drive 2WD platform. Like a Tamiya version of a gt12 or that new yokomo. Actually it might allot front and rear wheel drive in thdd esc same chassis. 

• Like 2

There’s a few New Year’s resolution busters in that little list and it’s not even New Year!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe Bo said:

I'm so excited the Fiat 500 Abarth is back

Fiat 600, not 500.

Max

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still no Lancia Delta S4 or Peugeot 205 Turbo 16 bodies for the TT-02? Darn. I thought this was the year! :D

Mk2 Golf? Yes please. I drove one in college, fantastic car. I'd love an RC version.

• Like 4

I always wanted one of the little Fiats and a new chassis is good news.  Hope it comes with the old boxart and not a photo.

Definitely want a Golf but would rather have just the bodyset for that one.

8 hours ago, qatmix said:

I think it might be a simple rear motor 2WD platform. Like a Tamiya version of a gt12 or that new yokomo.

@Mokei Kagaku posted a parts list on his facebook page, which includes gears, suspension and dampers - so it won't be derived from any current M-chassis. And the dampers suggests, that it might be a 1:12 or 1:14 chassis. But I think it will be a 4WD.

The list also suggests that MB-01 and BB-01 are not related, despite similar names

Yep, it’s a new simple race platform. Hence the dampers etc. A cross between a rm01 and the new yokomo gt.

Or a switchable front and rear drive 1/12.. I’m excited to see more.

• Like 1

The release list suggest both MB-01 and BB-01 are 1/10 scale. Looking forward to more info and pictures.

39 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

The release list suggest both MB-01 and BB-01 are 1/10 scale. Looking forward to more info and pictures.

in case of MB-01, the body is 1/10, but chassis might be technically 1/12 (smaller electro ics,.motor, battery). There were releases of 1/12 bodies on 1/10 M-chassis before.

21 minutes ago, Honza said:

body is 1/10, but chassis might be technically 1/12

True. I actually have this as part of my RC fleet :D

20220209_210125.jpg

@TamiyastefThat's exactly what I meant 😁

Another thing I found interesting is, that there are only 4 PNs of BB-01 spares. Is it possible that it is derived from an already released onroad chassis? And which one?

22068 BB-01 Dogbone Shafts (2 Pcs.)

51711 BB-01 A-Parts (Front Bumper Stay) (2 Pcs.)

51712 BB-01 C-Parts (Front Uprights) (2 Pcs.)

51713 BB-01 D-Parts (Suspension Arms) (2 Pcs.)

• Like 1

Mk2 Golf on MF-01X!! Awesome!

I've been resisting the overwhelming urge to buy the MF-01X Beetle for the last two weeks, but I think the Golf would be much better.  Already having livery ideas :o 

• Like 1

Very interesting to see that the BB-01 has a slipper clutch Hop-Up already listed.

Great, as it points to another off road option

not so great, we still have to buy a slipper as an upgrade…..

Toyota made a Scion BBX. Wonder if that's what the BBX will be seeing as Tamiya and Toyota are close:

2002_Scion_bbXConcept1.jpg

And, thinking about the Fiat 1000, I assume Tamiya wouldn't go to the trouble of making another mould for a body that already have one for, so one must presume that the MB-01 chassis will fit mini bodies. I wonder if the MB-01 will be the replacement for the M06 as a kind of cheaper M08 but with a body included? And, at some point we'll see the replacement for the M05 also...

• Haha 1

If it's under the Fiat 500 Abarth I think the MB01 will most likely be an on-road chassis and like many have said a 1/12 scale type affair. 

If the Abarth is being recreated as per the original release then I hope it's rear wheel drive,  it must be an m-chassis with lay down shocks for a super low profile so they can do "lower" body styles? That would be amazing.

Also, the Golf is listed as a Mk2, the only Tamiya Golfs we have are the Mk1 and the VR6 - I wonder if they are going to subtly change the Mk1 Gr2 body to match a Mk2? Extra lights perhaps? I'm not well versed in Golf differences but it would be cool if it was slightly different than the original.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Joe Bo said:

Mk1 Gr2 body to match a Mk2?

It'll be a new body, there are more differences than just extra lights.

MK2 Golf dimensions almost exactly match 239mm WB M-chassis