Joe Bo

New Releases for Nuremberg 2023 - Fiat 500 Abarth and Golf Mk2 GTI Rally

On 12/31/2022 at 10:40 PM, toyolien said:

So, my guess is that Tamiya have produced the MB-01 as a replacement for both the M-05 and M-06 to allow them to choose either FWD or RWD depending on what body they are including. I do hope that is the case. Then that leaves the M-07 and M-08 for their 'race ready' M-chassis cars.

That's my thinking anyway...

I think they will split their lines to MA and MB simply because they ran to the end of the M-0x. MB can be anything - maybe MA is going to be FWD, MB RWD (the abarth body doesn't fit well with FWD chassis)? MA low cost, classic design, MB more experimental (including 4wd 1/12?). Or vice versa?

Maybe next gen of M-chassis is going to be combination of M05/6 and M08/9 lines, aiming somewhere in between them in price and performance?

They really did provide just enough clues for new chassis to support wild speculations and I really enjoy that. I hope we will be positively surprised once they drop more info.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Honza said:

They really did provide just enough clues for new chassis to support wild speculations and I really enjoy that. I hope we will be positively surprised once they drop more info.

Totally agree. I just hope that once they are announced we don't have to wait 8 months to get one!

I need the mk2 Golf and a couple of spare bodies. Can't afford a real one as a toy these days since the prices of anything remotely decent have gone through the roof! 

A proper box arched Golf Rallye body shell (for those not in the know it was a 4wd Gold with wide arches kind of like a Lancia Delta) would be even more awesome. You listening Tamiya? :P

• Like 1

The one thing we do know is that both models will have the Fiat Campagnolo wheels, original to the original m-chassis Fiat 500 model and now Tamiya's go-to wheel for anything remotely old, from VW or a Lotus! 

Come on Mr Tamiya we need more wheel designs! I understand new tooling may not be viable, but I always imagined them developing some sort of insert that allows any outer rim to be used, as some of the 3D Printing guys do.

I had a bad dream that the MB01 chassis stood for "Monster Buggy" and the Fiat 500 wasn't the original model we know and love, but the bodyset stuck atop a new monster truck chassis...please let this dream not be true :lol:

THC58698-5.jpeg

• Like 1

Campagnolo make some lovely bicycle wheels, bit of a segway. (road cycling is one of my other hobbies).

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Joe Bo said:

The one thing we do know is that both models will have the Fiat Campagnolo wheels, original to the original m-chassis Fiat 500 model and now Tamiya's go-to wheel for anything remotely old, from VW or a Lotus! 

Come on Mr Tamiya we need more wheel designs! I understand new tooling may not be viable, but I always imagined them developing some sort of insert that allows any outer rim to be used, as some of the 3D Printing guys do.

I had a bad dream that the MB01 chassis stood for "Monster Buggy" and the Fiat 500 wasn't the original model we know and love, but the bodyset stuck atop a new monster truck chassis...please let this dream not be true :lol:

THC58698-5.jpeg

It’s been done before.  A8744915-41DE-403E-A5A9-18AE60D82BFD.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You know that was the model I was thinking of but I couldn't remember who made it! haha

23 minutes ago, Joe Bo said:

You know that was the model I was thinking of but I couldn't remember who made it! haha

It’s CEN.

24 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Nuremberg news has gone a bit quiet?????

Doesn't start till Wednesday does it?

Blazing blazer 

And Monster beetle!!!!!,

Oh!!!, They already did the monster beetle?

Ok. I'm guessing a fully interchangeable chassis, with symmetrical front and back with spacers and an option for one motor or 2, or join them all together to make a Tamiya human,,,,, errrrr, I mean radio controlled centipede.....

Edit 2add: recently watched human centipede, I don't recommend. Lol

On 12/21/2022 at 7:16 PM, Beetlemankurt said:

As a fellow VW maniac...I think about this quite often, lots of VW group models in the Tamiya line up and this seems to be growing over time....which is great! :D. I'm kinda surprised they haven't done the WRC Polo yet given it was 4 time world champion in the not too distant past. I'm picking it will come along at some point though.....the VW golf rally however, also sounds fun and nice to see another classic in the lineup.

Oh yeah, I too reckon a Peugot 205 rally would be epic. Who knows....Tamiya does what Tamiya does and they like to surprise us from time to time.

Kurt

Kubelwagen, and schwimmwagen(it's gotta schwim!!!) Trekker would also be cool, or a Type 181/Thing depending on location.

A scale model of a working VW engine would be cool. Moving pistons, pushrods and cams, with LED,s to represent fire ...in 1/10 would be great..

Make a great upgrade for the influx of air-cooled VW's released recently..

• Like 2

@wolfdogstinkus a 1/10 schwimmwagen would be epic! I've seen the smaller Toro version but a larger one would be cool. Best of both worlds, a car and a boat combined 😁.....

Still expecting that WRC Polo soon though....(and hoping)...

Cheers

Kurt

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beetlemankurt said:

@wolfdogstinkus a 1/10 schwimmwagen would be epic! I've seen the smaller Toro version but a larger one would be cool. Best of both worlds, a car and a boat combined 😁.....

Still expecting that WRC Polo soon though....(and hoping)...

Cheers

Kurt

Craft yourself a mould from granite with your bare hands and 3 weeks after you produce your very own body, they will release it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, wolfdogstinkus said:

Craft yourself a mould from granite with your bare hands and 3 weeks after you produce your very own body, they will release it.

:lol::P.....you are probably right! Funny thing is I've just spent months carving ans sanding moulds/bucks out of MDF to use in a vac former to create a Kenworth W924 semi truck body as Mr T has never made a KW (the Joy's of licensing)....so you are closer to truth then you know :ph34r:!......perhaps people should be listening more closely to your 2023 predictions given your obvious sixth sense for this stuff! Ha ha....

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 2:19 AM, toyolien said:

Doesn't start till Wednesday does it?

I was hoping we'd get some info before it starts. Well, nevermind, I'm excited for tomorow 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Honza said:

I was hoping we'd get some info before it starts. Well, nevermind, I'm excited for tomorow 😁

Me too. Hopefully tomorrow morning. I'll probably be disappointed but we'll see.

14 minutes ago, toyolien said:

'll probably be disappointed

I feel the same but still hope they proof me wrong

5 hours ago, DaveBuildsRC said:

What time they start showing new stuff? Is it still 7 hrs for new tamiyas or is it more like 24hrs? Anyone know?

Tamiyablog should do a livestream from 9:00 CET

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the description, the MB-01 sounds like it took its inspiration from MST TCR, minus direct drive.