Joe Bo

New Releases for Nuremberg 2023 - Fiat 500 Abarth and Golf Mk2 GTI Rally

Some great photos and info starting to appear on Tamiyablog.Ā  I absolutely love the BBX - pretty close to what I've been hoping for for years.Ā  I've a feeling this could spawn a new club spec race series, too.

Those of you who called the MB-01 configurable chassis totally nailed it - choice of 3 wheelbases and front or rear wheel drive.Ā  Fab!

Mk2 looks excellent too, I'm glad it's not a wide-arch race special, I can create a repro of a road car or club race car.Ā  I wonder when body sets will be available..?

• Like 4

Sounds like the BB01 is some kind of Polaris buggy. Oops hadnā€™t seen the pictures when I posted!!!

Lots to like there!

The BBX looks fantastic in that Fighting Buggy-esque livery with its squat stance

The Golf body shell also looks superb, not that keen on it hoiked up high in rally stance but in road trim and colour it will look stunning

The GT3 body looks nice too...looks like a different tooling to the recent VIP Cup editions?

Re-re'ing the Alfa should mean availability of body sets and parts again, which is a bonusĀ 

And if that CLK is the same body shell as the old CLK-DTM that would be a HUGE result (for me, at least!)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

image.jpeg.f593655bf2b7f9a19f696e96327c4b30.jpeg

Ā  @BusdriverĀ  Very cool looking:wub:Ā definitely a nod to the super champ/fighting buggy well done tamiya!Ā 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Honza said:

From the description, the MB-01 sounds like it took its inspiration from MST TCR, minus direct drive.

It sounds interesting.Ā 

I hope it uses the MF01x idea of spacers to allow for a wheelbases, as I may be able to print my own and then have even more flexibility. As long as it's not too expensive it sounds like the MB-01 might be my next purchase.

You know how I tried to do a front engine Pumpkin? Well at 209 mm the wheelbase matches a Pumpkin quite nicely, so front engine RWD mid 50s F150 is perfect!

Ā 

• Like 2

As usual Tamiya getting their monies worth out of a set of wheels. Abarth and Golf on the same set

• Like 1

BBX looks fantastic. That body shell is right up my alley but I'm not sure I'd want to cover the awesome cage underneath! I wonder why they went for trailing arm and (what looks like) a narrow track? Purely a retro style thing? Strange front tyres. They look like the tyres we had on old farm trailers. Wonder if I could jerry-rig the cage and shell onto my DT-03.Ā 

The MK2 golf shell is going straight in the shopping basket!

• Like 2

Without knowing too much about the mechanical specifics, I'll cautiously say, I think Tamiya listened to what a lot us us were pushing for in the BBX. The name's not incredibly inspiring but overall, I'm liking it so far.Ā 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Nikko85 said:

It sounds interesting.Ā 

I hope it uses the MF01x idea of spacers to allow for a wheelbases, as I may be able to print my own and then have even more flexibility. As long as it's not too expensive it sounds like the MB-01 might be my next purchase.

You know how I tried to do a front engine Pumpkin? Well at 209 mm the wheelbase matches a Pumpkin quite nicely, so front engine RWD mid 50s F150 is perfect!

Ā 

Iā€™m not sure about the Pumpkin engine layout. It say choice of fwd or rwd no mention of engine position?

55 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

The GT3 body looks nice too...looks like a different tooling to the recent VIP Cup editions?

Any pictures??

2 minutes ago, Busdriver said:

Any pictures??

Tamico has put out a pre-order with a picture on their site.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Juhunio said:

The VIP versions are the 997 generation, whereas the new one is 992, so completely different body. Well, to the extent that Porsche changes the body design of the 911 from generation to generation....Ā :P

Ā 

The Golf body shell also looks superb, not that keen on it hoiked up high in rally stance but in road trim and colour it will look stunning

The excessively high stance makes it look like a Golf Country and makes the body proportions look a bit odd from certain angles.

Ā 

And if that CLK is the same body shell as the old CLK-DTM that would be a HUGE result (for me, at least!)

It is, but without sponsor stickers, so a road version.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

The VIP versions are the 997 generation, whereas the new one is 992, so completely different body. Well, to the extent that Porsche changes the body design of the 911 from generation to generation....Ā :P

1675250764894.jpg.6df18cae58a33f375e773951621382ba.jpg

Box art color looks good. Haaiblauw in Dutch I think.

1675250390499.jpg.786121e584fa36f46ca31bc1a5b90dd9.jpg

Shame they didn't do a Carrera 4 GTSĀ :ph34r:.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Busdriver said:

Iā€™m not sure about the Pumpkin engine layout. It say choice of fwd or rwd no mention of engine position?

I think you may be right. For some reason I had an idea that they'd make something module where you could shift the engine and rear wheels around, so you'd put the engine in the front or back, or what the steering could be swapped around, but probably not. I'd be keen to see a photo of the chassis.

Anyone in the mood for the big white blob Toyota land cruiser 300 on CC-02? I'm already fan of the BBX and would really like to see some of the MB-01.

No interest whatsoever for the Land cruiser 300...

4 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

Anyone in the mood for the big white blob Toyota land cruiser 300 on CC-02?Ā 

Looking through some of the other goodies on offer, that Cruiser is a bit of anĀ elephant in the room šŸ¤”

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

The VIP versions are the 997 generation, whereas the new one is 992, so completely different body. Well, to the extent that Porsche changes the body design of the 911 from generation to generation

I think the 992 looks great! My Porsche knowledge isnt all that strong, I just go with what my eyes like the look ofĀ :)

1 hour ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

It is, but without sponsor stickers, so a road version.

Thanks for the info Erik, much appreciated. I've got a sheet of the Vodafone stickers so being able to get hold of an undrilled body will be really useful, here's hoping the body set is released too šŸ™