matisse

BB01 BBX RC : speculation/rumours/hope

2 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

can't really justify more cars

Ha ha...I don't think you'll need to justify getting more cars to anyone on this forum somehow.....:lol:....

I'm loving the BBX! Looks freaking amazing.

• Like 2

I'll wait to see what the BBX costs here but it's a great looking kit.  I hope the tyres aren't the usual Tamiya kit stiff rubber compound.

• Like 2

I like it, specifically the rear suspension and I wonder what it's like to drive.  I can see this taking off and starting a new genre of baja style races through walking trails.  Kudos to the folks at Tamiya for coming up with something creative, having  great scale appearance and no awkward battery mounting situation;)

• Like 4

Thanks for posting the action video. Somewhat off-topic, but why does the music accompanying that video sound like a boombox, a Furby and a fork that got caught in a garbage disposal? These kids nowadays...:unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

Thanks for posting the action video. Somewhat off-topic, but why does the music accompanying that video sound like a boombox, a Furby and a fork that got caught in a garbage disposal? These kids nowadays...:unsure:

As someone who is quite into electronic music, this sound track would be more appropriate for a video released in 2013, not 2023. Its an interesting choice.

• Like 5

Sorry if my "bitter old man" humor insulted fans of that type of music. Taste is subjective. I'm sure my parents thought the Led Zep I listened to was a bunch of screamin' nonsense. 

• Like 3

after seeing that video, I can some military versions looking really good, and maybe even a short course truck version at some stage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cyclonecap said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcsREP2VjTo

After watching this official video I've spotted a few more things, the ESC is behind the driver's head in that black shroud. The droop on the buggy also looks quite limited but that could be the setup used.

Spare wheel mounted on the back - not included in the kit.

38 minutes ago, Elbowloh said:

Spare wheel mounted on the back - not included in the kit.

Dont worry, if i do buy one you can have one of mine.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Beetlemankurt said:

Ha ha...I don't think you'll need to justify getting more cars to anyone on this forum somehow.....:lol:....

But our wives on the other hand.....  :unsure:

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

The official video, definitely feels like a Tamiya.  the front shocks need softer oil - it seems like the chassis twists more than the front shock compress over bumps...

• Like 4

Think i agree with the most opinions here...
And like otthers mentioned already, the best looking Buggy from T. for ages.
Only thing i don't like are the chrome wheels<_<, gives it a bit of a toyish look. I bet this thing looks way better with matte white rims..And i would have preferred that the rears are wider than the fronts. but maybe it's just me:rolleyes:

5 hours ago, scoobybooster said:

Only thing i don't like are the chrome wheels<_<, gives it a bit of a toyish look. I bet this thing looks way better with matte white rims..And i would have preferred that the rears are wider than the fronts. but maybe it's just me:rolleyes:

It's just you. :ph34r:  I kid, I kid. :)   I think they really went for the realistic look, so metal look rims and shocks.  Plastic CVA shocks wouldn't have cut it.  People do run white/black rims in real life though, so hopefully they will be an available option.  I wonder what diameter they are; 1.9ish?  Not a lot of scale correct front rib style tires in that range I think; but the crawler scene has given us a lot of scale rear tires to choose from, and possibly wheels if the front tires are a good size.

Most everyone else seems to like them, but I don't like the wheels the TD-2/4 use; to me it looks like the brake rotor is on the OUTSIDE of the wheel.  I cannot unsee this.

16 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I probably won't get one for a while though as I can't really justify more cars 

Time to crack open a couple of IPAs by the sound of it 🍻 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, OnTheTrail said:

But our wives on the other hand.....  :unsure:

This is the first car I’ve shown my wife where she’s replied “That’s actually quite good looking” 

I’m taking it as a sign! 

• Like 1

No one noticed that the suspension scheme is the same of The Falcon?

Max

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick-W said:

This is the first car I’ve shown my wife where she’s replied “That’s actually quite good looking” 

I’m taking it as a sign! 

Have your wife call my wife.   

• Haha 6

11 minutes ago, kontemax said:

No one noticed that the suspension scheme is the same of The Falcon?

Max

I'm with you on the front but the rear suspensions are fairly different.  

52 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Time to crack open a couple of IPAs by the sound of it 🍻 

Haha, not sure that would work this time!  This insurance claim has really highlighted how much money is tied up in these toy cars...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Haha, not sure that would work this time!  This insurance claim has really highlighted how much money is tied up in these toy cars...

Blimey, if hobby beeronomics are no longer effective, we’re doomed 😂

In truth, I love the look of the BBX and really want one but something has to go first 🙄 I had to renegotiate our home contents insurance last week and the number connected to toy cars was, well…😳

10 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Blimey, if hobby beeronomics are no longer effective, we’re doomed 😂

In truth, I love the look of the BBX and really want one but something has to go first 🙄 I had to renegotiate our home contents insurance last week and the number connected to toy cars was, well…😳

The cost of mine is so high because 10 of 14 are race kits, and 2 of those are 8th scale buggies, but still.  The off the shelf race kits make things like my Durga, Top Force and Super Astute (all received hop ups) seem cheap!

Once my claim is approved I may be able to juggle some of it around with the shop, eg get a BBX instead of 2 TT02B's or something, I don't really know...

• Like 4

Because of this, I'm now torn in between the BBX or the Kyosho Turbo Scorpion as my next purchase. I really like the TS and still on a hunt at a decent price. What I also like about the TS is the stock parts that come with it and doesn't seem need any upgrades out of the box. Unlike Tamiya, which is a typical money-trap when it comes to hop-ups. I don't have as many RCs as many of you have here but I'm a sucker for hop-ups to which all my kits have been treated well with upgrades. :lol: So I'm curious about the hop-up parts for this new model. 

• Like 1