matisse

BB01 BBX RC : speculation/rumours/hope

LHS quoted me $250 plus tax which in the end I feel is very reasonable.  Especially considering this seems pretty well spec’d straight out of the box.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scoobybooster said:

Oposite for me_ one of the most underrated cars, especially from the suspension point of view. When I think of the front suspension of Frog and consorts from that time, the Falcon was much better.
From this I can well imagine that the front suspension on the BBX should perform quite well. 
Based on the video that has circulated so far, it does not look bad.

Then we’ll disagree to agree, it has such an outsized following and rep in the community IMO considering its looks/ability/performance.  Oh well, each to their own.

2 minutes ago, danimaldaisy said:

I spotted

NO TURNBUCKELS!

There's a "5 things we noticed" video knocking about that shows turnbuckles.

2 minutes ago, danimaldaisy said:

I spotted

NO TURNBUCKELS!

I am 1000000% buying one - then immediately putting on the fatter, Comical-style wheels & tires on it. Thanks to everyone that posted images and videos.

To whomever gets one first - can you see if those front knuckles fit in the DT02 or similar chassis? A native option for hexes on the older cars would be an awesome bonus.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, isomer1 said:

To whomever gets one first - can you see if those front knuckles fit in the DT02 or similar chassis? A native option for hexes on the older cars would be an awesome bonus.

Oh yes. Great point. May require BBX knuckles and C hubs together. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elbowloh said:

The front arms......the upper are plastic instead of turnbuckles....that's what I was talking about.  none in the rear either.

5 hours ago, bRIBEGuy said:

Tamiya USA lists the MSRP at $365usd.  In comparison, they have the Frog at $303, the Blockhead Wild One at $352 and the Astute 2022 at $414.  So based on that, I would say the kit represents pretty reasonable value for the North American market.  Yes, those are wacky MSRP prices, but essentially it slots in the BBX between a Frog and an Astute 2022 price wise.  Nice.

So now I have to figure out how to swing the HS2, Boomerang, and BBX... :lol:

You can do it! :D 

Using these numbers, that puts the price at around $255 USD. Add in your favorite online store coupons, and I'm guessing this could be had for $230 not including tax and shipping.

• Like 2

If it has not been seen already I want to show this video I found:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, guggles said:

Cool! It looks great, but I did spend the whole vid kind of waiting for them to, you know…drive it a bit! Go on, take it up the big ramp thingy! No? Oh…

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

7 minutes ago, Juhunio said:

Cool! It looks great, but I did spend the whole vid kind of waiting for them to, you know…drive it a bit! Go on, take it up the big ramp thingy! No? Oh…

Likewise 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, isomer1 said:

I am 1000000% buying one - then immediately putting on the fatter, Comical-style wheels & tires on it. Thanks to everyone that posted images and videos.

Gonna say no based on my work on finding hub solutions for the DT02/03 ( there is a thread for this)

Issue is that the BBX uses pillow ball front arms, like the the Hotshot/TT cars, these are gonna be too tall to fit in the DT02 C-Hub without serious modification, and even then my bet is that it won’t fit.

Best option for hex wheels on the 02/03 is to swap out F+R arms and hubs out for DF03 ones

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, guggles said:

I love these vids as they really show us nothing about how the cars drives except that it does…..and yet we all get super excited about them. :)

• Haha 8

Hot take about the most overlooked part of this release, a new rear motor 2wd gearbox that has a modern style Slipper with the nut on the back side and uses existing diff options. 
 Will we be able to retro fit this gearbox to older 2wd buggies? Is it going to open up options for future tamiya based homebrew buggies? Fwiw I’m already wondering if this gearbox can fit the 02/03 series, or if you could makes a BBX/DF03/TF mashup with a custom carbon chassis, DF03 arms and hubs, TF/Astute shock towers and BBX gearbox…..fun!

• Like 6

These images show the elegance and excellent balance of visual weight, profile and shape of this model.
This is what makes beauty.
The classic is forever.
In these horrendous times of bad taste, vintage is the primary source for re-establishing a sense of beauty and good taste and educating the rough and rude lovers of bad taste what is beautiful and what is not.
The balance of visual weights, soft but aggressive shapes, lightness of proportions, historical and epic legacy contained in this design make this model a new level in RC buggy design that we haven't seen for years and years, maybe since times of the Avante/Egress/Astute models.
Models that have returned implacable, certified by time, the supreme judge, in their absolute and overwhelming beauty.
Compared to the design of the BBX you can easily understand the epic fail of the Hot Shot II Blockhead which is a nasty, superficial, botched and amateurish manipulation of the great and wonderful original Hot Shot II design.
The comparison between the two models is merciless, the HS2 Blockhead is a profound epic fail by Tamiya.
The only thing the Hot Shot 2 lacks is a tube frame instead of a tub chassis. This would be a great Hot Shot optional (and why not Fox?) by Tamiya.
Tamiya, are you reading me?
Do the right thing.
Excuse me for being so crude in my judgment but beauty is beauty, ugliness is ugliness, there is no room for interpretation.

Max

BBX 1.jpg

BBX 2.jpg

• Like 3

Anyone else think the track width on this thing looks a little narrow?

On 2/3/2023 at 3:33 AM, Mokei Kagaku said:

BB-01 A-parts: Do the many body posts possibly indicate that further variations (Baja Bug?) have already been considered?

300051711.jpg

This one is call the Rough Ride, maybe next one will be Sand Scorche 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

50 minutes ago, kontemax said:

These images show the elegance and excellent balance of visual weight, profile and shape of this model.
This is what makes beauty.
The classic is forever.
In these horrendous times of bad taste, vintage is the primary source for re-establishing a sense of beauty and good taste and educating the rough and rude lovers of bad taste what is beautiful and what is not.
The balance of visual weights, soft but aggressive shapes, lightness of proportions, historical and epic legacy contained in this design make this model a new level in RC buggy design that we haven't seen for years and years, maybe since times of the Avante/Egress/Astute models.
Models that have returned implacable, certified by time, the supreme judge, in their absolute and overwhelming beauty.
Compared to the design of the BBX you can easily understand the epic fail of the Hot Shot II Blockhead which is a nasty, superficial, botched and amateurish manipulation of the great and wonderful original Hot Shot II design.
The comparison between the two models is merciless, the HS2 Blockhead is a profound epic fail by Tamiya.
The only thing the Hot Shot 2 lacks is a tube frame instead of a tub chassis. This would be a great Hot Shot optional (and why not Fox?) by Tamiya.
Tamiya, are you reading me?
Do the right thing.
Excuse me for being so crude in my judgment but beauty is beauty, ugliness is ugliness, there is no room for interpretation.

Max

BBX 1.jpg

BBX 2.jpg

I take it you like it then….. or were you just testing the new ChatGPT ai “ write a review of the new BBX”

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Pablo68 said:

Anyone else think the track width on this thing looks a little narrow?

Me. This is my concern with it too. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, matisse said:

I take it you like it then….. or were you just testing the new ChatGPT ai “ write a review of the new BBX”

I don't use any artificial intelligence, I am strongly against the concept of artificial intelligence, I am strongly against any form of artificial intelligence and I am strongly against digitization.
I will be more and more analog in the future.
AI is dystopia.
Digital is captivity.
Analog is freedom.

Max

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, kontemax said:

I don't use any artificial intelligence, I am strongly against the concept of artificial intelligence, I am strongly against any form of artificial intelligence and I am strongly against digitization.
I will be more and more analog in the future.
AI is dystopia.
Digital is captivity.
Analog is freedom.

Max

So, do you like the new BBX?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, kontemax said:

I am strongly against digitization

Oh irony. What a statement to make on a digital platform 😇

So sorry, I know I should just ignore but I couldn't resist.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tamiyastef said:

Oh irony. What a statement to make on a digital platform 😇

So sorry, I know I should just ignore but I couldn't resist.

Digital is not digitalization.

Max

3 minutes ago, toyolien said:

So, do you like the new BBX?

Obviously yes.

Max

• Like 1