matisse

BB01 BBX RC : speculation/rumours/hope

On 2/3/2023 at 8:55 AM, Elbowloh said:

There's a "5 things we noticed" video knocking about that shows turnbuckles.

There are no turnbuckles on the front arms.  they are plastic and offer no camber adjustment

On 2/3/2023 at 8:59 AM, Elbowloh said:

There's a "5 things we noticed" video knocking about that shows turnbuckles.

There are no turnbuckles on the front arms.  they are plastic and offer no camber adjustment

18 minutes ago, danimaldaisy said:

I’m sure somebody will come out with a hop up/upgrade for that. 

On 2/5/2023 at 2:53 AM, kontemax said:

BBX 2.jpg

I don't think it's too narrow - I think there is a lot of visual 'bulk' around the rear which is lacking in the HS2 (which is narrow around the back), making the rear arms on the HS2 look longer. I suspect the width is actually nearly identical (my understanding is that to compete in most buggy classes there is a set of specific measurements, although I don't race so I don't pay too much attention).

I maintain this is a fantastic looking buggy, a real off-road fun machine and a future classic. I'll be doing custom paint, possibly classic Toyota Racing (white/yellow/orange/red) style and different wheels and tires, and 2S combined with a 12T brushed motor... sometime in 2024 when these actually become available!!

• Like 6

I've spent the last week or so ignoring this thread due to not understanding the thread title - or rather, assuming it would be some bland, uninspired and insipid offering (as others have noted - dreadful name).

Oh how wrong I was. This looks absolutely fanbloodytastic! Brilliant retro vibe with modern guts. Lots of nods, if not full on face plants to the past, combined with more modern, quality of life improvements. Bravo Tamiya, bravo.

Not sure about the front tyres though. Feel a tad too chunky for my taste but that is just a minor gripe. This and the boomer are on my list for this year. At least so far.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Evetsyelspih said:

I’m sure somebody will come out with a hop up/upgrade for that. 

Difficult as they are a-arms and so mount the pivot balls. And adjustable inner mount is the only way to achieve camber changes 

3 minutes ago, matisse said:

Difficult as they are a-arms and so mount the pivot balls. And adjustable inner mount is the only way to achieve camber changes 

No, it's easy.
Upper A-arm shorter than original, turnbuckle and ball connector at the end of the shortened A-arm and you got it.

Max

2 minutes ago, kontemax said:

No, it's easy.
Upper A-arm shorter than original, turnbuckle and ball connector at the end of the shortened A-arm and you got it.

Max

As long as they make the part yes, but i more meant not an easy mod for anyone to make. 

On 2/4/2023 at 7:03 PM, smirk-racing said:

~$250 for buggy and slipper - easy decision.

613753253_ScreenShot2023-02-05at8_17_30AM.thumb.png.d3b90f277b6f436f255b30048b327bb1.png

Ordered mine from Tower as well. No slipper though, as I’m the CEO of the anti slipper foundation of America.. just ask @Nicadraus😂🤣😉🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/5/2023 at 3:14 AM, sosidge said:

This just makes the UK list of £400 even more offensive.

It's a £300 car, but Hobby Company love to put big markups on anything that isn't a basic TT-01 or a Lunch Box,

Sad!

And last year, on this side of pond we had cried murder most foul after TamiyaUSA had a 10% price increase across the board. 

9 hours ago, Elbowloh said:

eModels now has price at £305.99

The price seems to be slipping a little. It has dropped £20 at Modelsport too. Still quite high mind. 

19 minutes ago, Nick-W said:

The price seems to be slipping a little. It has dropped £20 at Modelsport too. Still quite high mind. 

As per various places on social media:

"Tamiya BBX update ⚠️ New lower price!!!

It has come to light a mistake was made on the pricing of the new Tamiya BBX for the UK market.
Our price has now been revised and all existing backorders will be adjusted accordingly.
If you were on the fence before, now's the time to dive in and grab one from the first batch at the new lower price."
  • Thanks 1

Back ordered mine yesterday from Tower. Should be fun. I think it looks cool. The BH HotShot though kinda looks cooler next to it. I have that one coming as well.

Cory

This looks really cool, this is in line with old Tamiya buggy designs aesthetically but with a bit more detail. Looks like it comes with bearings(!), CVAs, but no motor?

8 hours ago, Raman36 said:

...as I’m the CEO of the anti slipper foundation of America.. just ask @Nicadraus😂🤣😉🤣

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i too pre-ordered mine with a slipper. i dont trust myself to not destroy the gears. i am glad its coming with a gear diff. i hate ball diffs, and usually just toss them in place of a gear diff. 

i am really looking forward to this. my wife will not be happy. i have so many rc cars. 

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 3:01 PM, Raman36 said:

Ordered mine from Tower as well. No slipper though, as I’m the CEO of the anti slipper foundation of America.. just ask @Nicadraus😂🤣😉🤣

I heard slippers prevent excess wheelspin on loose dirt ;)

2 hours ago, smirk-racing said:

I heard slippers prevent excess wheelspin on loose dirt ;)

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 So you know as well

On 2/7/2023 at 11:02 PM, RichieRich said:

Did I miss an expected release date?

I believe end of June to end of September in the UK was mentioned. So, about 8-12 months quicker than we'll see a newly announced Kyosho release here in the States...

• Like 1

i just noticed on the video, the motor is not included. i also noticed the front suspension looks like pillow balls

15 minutes ago, dmiles said:

i just noticed on the video, the motor is not included. i also noticed the front suspension looks like pillow balls

Correct, no electronics include in this kit.  

Needed to Complete
  • (1) 2+ Channel Radio System
  • (1) Standard-Size Steering Servo
  • (1) 540-Size Motor
  • (1) Electronic Speed Control
  • (1) 7.2V - 7.4V Battery
  • (1) Battery Charger