matisse

BB01 BBX RC : speculation/rumours/hope

More detailed video here:

Looks like you can adjust the camber at the rear.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On another note Amain has the trf211xm available for back order.  It is the only brand new in box TRF buggy kit available. I chatted with Amain and they told me that they can have it shipped out in 2 weeks!

Yes they are 650.00 but on eBay I have seen a 201xm used for 1400 and a trf211xm still in box for 2000.00

As soon as it arrives I'm going to buy a second one.  best part.  its not a Re release and probably will never be re released. The yellow wheels are easy to get and the white wheels are available for back order.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, toyolien said:

How I hate these Japanese videos full of writings!

I believe the body, with the Velcro, will not last longer, I believe.

Anyway beautiful.

Max

38 minutes ago, danimaldaisy said:

On another note Amain has the trf211xm available for back order.  It is the only brand new in box TRF buggy kit available. I chatted with Amain and they told me that they can have it shipped out in 2 weeks!

Yes they are 650.00 but on eBay I have seen a 201xm used for 1400 and a trf211xm still in box for 2000.00

As soon as it arrives I'm going to buy a second one.  best part.  its not a Re release and probably will never be re released. The yellow wheels are easy to get and the white wheels are available for back order.

Not to be rude, but how does this have anything to do with the BBX thread?  Also, you've already posted this in a handful of other threads, sooooooo..........???

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 6:35 PM, matisse said:

As long as they make the part yes, but i more meant not an easy mod for anyone to make. 

Ampro will do the job for us.

Max

• Like 1

I'm surprised no-one has lifted the second part of the cage over the motor in any of these videos.  It certainly looks like it has a hinge too, and otherwise just lifting the first half doesn't make sense.

8 hours ago, kontemax said:

I believe the body, with the Velcro, will not last longer, I believe.

Anyway beautiful.

Max

The video is so strange to watch for me. I don’t get the humour in it, that is of there was supposed to be any 

• Like 2

Though I'm definitely getting one of these - I'm actually slightly more excited for some of drive train parts fitting the 201, the rear driveshaft hopup for example is 63mm - so with a few shims it might fit the 201 family of cars (genuine Tamiya 201 driveshafts are a pain to acquire!)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kontemax said:

Agreed.   Plus I could do without the cartoon like voices.   

• Like 1

Tower Hobbies/USA is SO cheap compared to UK prices.

I'm (supposed) to be going to Traverse City Michigan in June for a wedding. It would be rude not to order one and have it delivered to an address in USA for collection/to get shipped. $255 is £211. No Brainer

I just noticed on the Tower Hobbies site the hop up parts went up in price. The slipper was $29 now it’s $33. Servo stays were $11 now they are $17. 

5 minutes ago, Mrowka said:

Amain seems to be ignorant of this release.

I noticed that too.   RPP Hobby also doesn't have it listed.   

The BBX must be listed with US distributors as I've had mine on order with my LHS since last Saturday.  

On 2/10/2023 at 3:21 PM, toyolien said:

15mm narrower than DT-03. Also longer. 

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 4:56 PM, RiZZa said:

Any word on gearing options ? Sliding motor mount like most cars or in true Tamiya style, a torque and top speed option ? It is my understanding that a brushless motor can handle less gearing options better as opposed to a conventional brushed motor. 

I was wondering the same thing however, take a look at the gear cover in this photo

image.png.b9befc6c1006255676d0ba92e3598b20.png

The oval shape surrounding the motor pinion suggests a sliding motor mount.  :)

Gear cover looks alot like the one on my XV-01, maybe it's that same transmission, especially since it has a TA-06 diff?

What motor is everyone going to go with? I'm have three choices. Do a brushed setup, Tamiya Brushless motor and esc, or a Hobby Wing Just Stock setup.

Cory

47 minutes ago, RC4x4 said:

What motor is everyone going to go with? I'm have three choices. Do a brushed setup, Tamiya Brushless motor and esc, or a Hobby Wing Just Stock setup.

Cory

I’m going with a Castle Sidewinder 5700kv.

1 hour ago, RC4x4 said:

Cory

I feel with all the dust and dirt and mud this thing will look cool running in, a solid brushed setup and waterproof esc. No worrying about wrecking expensive brushless systems. Just my take. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RC4x4 said:

Cory

Probably a take-off RTR system, thinking a 3300KV associated motor and ESC will be perfect for it

Will be fitting a Superstock BZ, i think anything more or too quick will be a recipe for destroying the cage and bodywork on this.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RC4x4 said:

Cory

As this one could only really be a basher for me (it's going to be hard to race this one unless it's a spec class) I'll go for a HobbyWing Max10 combo - I've found this to be really good in my M07 (it's the regulation ESC for a few clubs that race M-Chassis locally to me)

Max10 combos come with a decent choice of power for motors as well as being quite well priced for the quality, e.g:

https://wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/300322/

On 2/11/2023 at 8:10 AM, Mrowka said:

All of Canada too... :lol:

On 2/11/2023 at 7:10 AM, Mrowka said:

They didn't list the TD4 until it was in stock. I had already ordered from Tower by then.

14 hours ago, BuggyGuy said:

it's going to be hard to race this one unless it's a spec class

Oh man, a HW 1060/Silver can/2S spec class would be fun!

• Like 1