matisse

BB01 BBX RC : speculation/rumours/hope

Solution: Build your kit and run it without the slipper, if you blow the gears (which you won’t) invest in the slipper.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Raman36 said:

Solution: Build your kit and run it without the slipper, if you blow the gears (which you won’t) invest in the slipper.

I really doubt that I'd blow any gears, but I run fairly tame motors and NiMH batteries, most other people today run much spicier equipment.

18 minutes ago, Kowalski86 said:

I really doubt that I'd blow any gears, but I run fairly tame motors and NiMH batteries, most other people today run much spicier equipment.

if the kit comes with the slipper, I’ll install it. If im racing that kit indoors, I’ll do without itz 

The only kit I ever hopped up with a slipper with the RN36 Bruiser, after I damaged the gears when I was climbing a challenging slope.  Opening rebuilding Thayer gearbox is a slightly more complicated than a buggy. 

Starting to see these in the wild now (online). I wasn't convinced at first. Now I think I just might want one. The design and quality look to be there.

• Like 2

Very nice this new model - looks like the love child of a Rough Rider and Wild One.

Above my pay grade, but it’ll be interesting reading to see what you think of yours when you start to build them and run them 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy pants said:

Very nice this new model - looks like the love child of a Rough Rider and Wild One.

And also a dash of Bear Hawk.

I gotta say this looks promising. I think I'm gonna have to talk my brother into buying one. This would be a much more apropriate return to the hobby for him than the Hornet he has got recently (I tried to talk him in direction a DT-03 in Hornet livery, since he already has a working Hornet and Grasshopper 2 from back then).

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Rinskie said:

It's a receiver for a Sanwa MTR and from all the places I have seen, the receivers run a hundy. 

If the cost of receivers is the determining factor in getting a new RC, maybe time to switch radio systems? Or at least get a lower end one for general use.

• Like 2

Yes i was about to write it tonight but left it. If you are serious about you need to spend that kind off money on 1 receiver you should rather buy a decent FlySky transmitter  and throw in 4 receivers, as receivers for FlySky is close to free you will not have this problem again. 

FlySky High end Transmitters are quite ok to i belive, Noble version to take 1 example, so you can also upgrade later also

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, simalarion said:

Yes i was about to write it tonight but left it. If you are serious about you need to spend that kind off money on 1 receiver you should rather buy a decent FlySky transmitter  and throw in 4 receivers, as receivers for FlySky is close to free you will not have this problem again. 

FlySky High end Transmitters are quite ok to i belive, Noble version to take 1 example, so you can also upgrade later also

I have a bare bones GT2 FlySky that's been working out well for me. I'd suggest anicer GT3 with model memory, receivers are dirt cheap for them.

Some of the fancier Flyskys have more expensive receivers, but they're definitely not $100 iirc.

• Like 1

Yea that's a funny thing. If I am only going to add one more car to my fleet, the $100 receiver makes more sense than spending $70-$100 on a new radio system. If I plan on adding several more running cars then the new radio makes sense but then I would be opening the door to becoming the RC equivalent of crazy cat lady. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Rinskie said:

Yea that's a funny thing. If I am only going to add one more car to my fleet, the $100 receiver makes more sense than spending $70-$100 on a new radio system. If I plan on adding several more running cars then the new radio makes sense but then I would be opening the door to becoming the RC equivalent of crazy cat lady. 

I'm not seeing the problem  :lol:

A GT5 with 6 ch receiver is $69, seems like the logical choice.

• Like 1

Where do you pull your numbers out from(??) The GT2 is 26$ and Receivers are 5-7$ on Ali. If you only want to have a bit off fun with classic RC thats all you need

There are Many “Crazy Cat” Ladies in this forum i can tell you, if that is your criteria for it. 

But suit yourself sounds like you already made up your mind which make further conversation about this pointless 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, simalarion said:

There are Many “Crazy Cat” Ladies in this forum i can tell you, if that is your criteria for it. 

Some of us do both. 

IMG_4518.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

I think having another set of tx/rx is good if you plan to run cars with someone else

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rinskie said:

Flysky GT3 is $40 and comes with a receiver, that leaves $60 on the table for future projects. And each receiver is about $8 vs $100.

You could divide your transmitters between which RCs of yours demand a high end setup (so quick expensive stuff), and a cheaper setup (Hornets, etc)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, simalarion said:

But suit yourself sounds like you already made up your mind which make further conversation about this pointless 

I apologize, I was not aware my RC budget and how it's spent was open for debate. I shall do better in the future. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rinskie said:

I apologize, I was not aware my RC budget and how it's spent was open for debate. I shall do better in the future. 

You just quoted that i made a point that it was Not up for debate??. Now you just want an argument and i do not, as i just stated and you quoted though deliberately miss understood, it seems to me.

Like i wrote im done with this now, i was only trying to help out

26 minutes ago, Rinskie said:

You started the discussion, if you didn't want comments you probably shouldn't have brought it up.

I agree - with a 'basher' style buggy like this, it makes sense to have a separate/dedicated transmitter - that way you can always run it alongside another vehicle with a friend.

Jx

• Like 4

@Rinskie check aliexpress for Sanwa compatible rx. I've tried a few FH4 which have worked well, and FH5 are now up but not for sale yet. They should work fine, and are USD40. Buy one to try. I also run Sanwa and they are brilliant radios, but the rx are pricey!

Was looking at the BBX but nothing available for pre-order down here. So I did the logical thing and ordered an Ultima which then got cancelled by the shop as they didnt have stock. Oh well

• Like 1

Anxiously awaiting release after watching YouTube videos. I have all electronics ready except for a low profile servo. What are some good budget friendly low profile servos on Amazon? I’m in the USA. Thanks!

12 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

@Rinskie check aliexpress for Sanwa compatible rx. I've tried a few FH4 which have worked well, and FH5 are now up but not for sale yet. They should work fine, and are USD40. Buy one to try. I also run Sanwa and they are brilliant radios, but the rx are pricey!

Looks like the MTR is FH5. Those clone receivers won’t work but someone on RCTECH said there should be out sometime soon per a listing on Aliexpress. I own a handful of FH4 clones and I’ve never had a problem with the clone FH4 receivers. 

The prices also went up to about $60. Still a good option 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Evetsyelspih said:

Anxiously awaiting release after watching YouTube videos. I have all electronics ready except for a low profile servo. What are some good budget friendly low profile servos on Amazon? I’m in the USA. Thanks!

I like Savox for LP stuff.  No clue if they are on Amazon since I try to avoid that storefront like the plague.

6 hours ago, Evetsyelspih said:

I have a number of the SPT4412 servos from aliexpress, which are an often recommended budget low profile servo, not much over £10 each, and would probably do a BBX fine.

But then I have more recently ordered a Savox 1252MG to try in a road car, which quotes 0.07s speed and presumably genuinely so given its brand, also well liked on here and 4x the price. I expect it to be much faster than the SPTs. I don't know what specs SPT quote but the Etronix 0.07s thing I also have (not low profile, and nearly as expensive as a Savox anyway) is much faster than them. So, you pays your money, you takes your choice...