TWINSET

58688 Toyota Land Cruiser 300 (CC-02L chassis)

Announced on the @Mokei Kagaku FB page earlier

58688 Toyota Land Cruiser 300 (CC-02L chassis)

Library pic - rumour has it the kit comes with all the accessories needed for the school run :lol:

320326015_807938000713331_39512226651606

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Can’t wait, hopefully it’s the GR sport version (last picture) looks better with the heritage Toyota grill and lower bumper not as low for better clearance.

2CB115D1-F02F-4574-9BAA-55A0ED1E41A4.jpeg

19C5B1D7-1390-4FE5-9669-B4D4BF67260D.jpeg

• Like 1

Oh wow!  A CC02 Land Cruiser...

sigh

There's so many cool old Land Cruisers.

• Like 1

@Blista that's exactly what I thought!  I came in here seeing LWB and secretly hoping for a pickup body or similar.

I'm sure there will be fans on the new body, but IMO they've got it the wrong way around again - this would be a perfect body on the CC01.  AFAIK the 300 has IFS.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mad Ax said:

@Blista that's exactly what I thought!  I came in here seeing LWB and secretly hoping for a pickup body or similar.

I'm sure there will be fans on the new body, but IMO they've got it the wrong way around again - this would be a perfect body on the CC01.  AFAIK the 300 has IFS.

An 80 series would be amazing.  I've been hoping they'd do one for a while.  A 70 series double cab pickup would be really great too.  A 60 with a new PS spray of beige would be cool.  Pretty much anything except the 300.  :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Blista said:

An 80 series would be amazing

Bodyworx do an 80 Series shell, but in typical bodyworx fashion, its a pretty low detail

If i'm not mistaken, using an LC300 body on the CC-02 will be very under scale. More like a 1:12 than a 1:10. The actual 1:1 LC300 is big and using a scaled down 1:10 RC would required a 300 - 320mm chassis at least. 

18 hours ago, Ryz82 said:

Bodyworx do an 80 Series shell, but in typical bodyworx fashion, its a pretty low detail

Yeah, it's a shame that nobody else does bodies quite as well as Tamiya.  There's some really good ones for crawlers but it's not quite the same as a Tamiya.

3 minutes ago, Blista said:

Yeah, it's a shame that nobody else does bodies quite as well as Tamiya.  There's some really good ones for crawlers but it's not quite the same as a Tamiya.

So very true.

Bodyworx / WC have a few that hold up well, but most are devoid of any definition and rely on their cartoon decals to provide some semblance of the actual car.

I think Colt ? also offers an 80 series, I think i saw it on RCMart at one point. But i have no reference for the quality of Colt bodies.

Ugh. No thank you.

Come on, Tamiya, it's simple: Put the old Jeep YJ Wrangler body on the CC02 and sell them faster than you can make them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, markbt73 said:

Ugh. No thank you.

Come on, Tamiya, it's simple: Put the old Jeep YJ Wrangler body on the CC02 and sell them faster than you can make them.

I'm really surprised they haven't done this yet. They did it for the Unimog and the G-class already, both of which were CC01 bodies first, but not the YJ.

I built a CC02 D90 and it's a really nice chassis! I was pleased with it. 

If Tamiya was to do a modern Toyota I'd prefer a 4Runner on the CC01. But then I could just buy the Enduro Trailrunner. 

Just spotted that TamiyaBase is showing two Land Cruiser future releases on the CC-02 Chassis:

• Land Cruiser 40
  • Land Cruiser 300

CC-02 - Tamiya chassis database - TamiyaBase.com

I really hope that the 40 is different from the one available in CC-01, a pickup or extended version would be wonderful. My hopes are not very high though...

Kyosho 1/18 Toyota Land Cruiser 40 Pickup White

Restored 40 Series Land Cruisers - The FJ Company

I'm not super fond of the 300, maybe because I didn't see it during my childhood.

Toyota Land Cruiser 300 launched in Japan | Oto