Kol__

What did Santa bring you? 2022

So, simply as the title lads... share the RC goodness lavished on you by your families (and yourself) this year!🌲😎

So far I have been given an upgrade for my TT02B build, from the parents in law who we saw earlier than normal this year 🙂

DGrqxLt.jpeg

And... not exactly a Christmas gift, but after much deliberation I've decided to build my NIB 2021 Top Force Evo. Partly because it comes with a pre-painted body and wing, and the weather is rubbish this time of year for spraying. And also I'd like a box kit build, which is a stark contrast to the many, many continuous, back to back restorations I've been doing over the last 5 months!

WNkxuNO.jpeg

Oh, and if a thread like this has already been created this year and I missed it, apologies just let me know👍

• Like 16

5 hours ago, Aerobert said:

I've got a Reely GT6 Evo transmitter (re-branded Flysky) from my wife. 

Nice! Just gave that a Google, looks decent!👍

4 hours ago, futureworks said:

Alongside the usual partridge in a pear tree 🎄😀🎄, santa brought me this 🍾🍾

998F3329-E2DF-4AA6-A7D2-C1BD781A2BC0.jpeg

Awesome mate! My brother-in-law built one of these this year, such a cool and unique looking chassis 😎

• Like 2

My mom and her guy surprised me with a Blackfoot 2016 kit :D

Getting an ORV is exciting as it is way different from the other Tamiya chassis (Grasshopper, CW01, DT02&3, TT02 and Thundershot) that ive build before.

I had not expected it to come with oil shocks, nice surprise there.

Time to order some bearings and read up on tips for how to make it the best (within reasonable cost) it can be :)

• Like 8

Got my lad a tt 02d supra as well as a killerbody skyline shell and LED kit. 

Gonna finally treat myself to one of those sonic cleaner thingy ma bobs for all the screws and nuts etc. Need to take stock of my fleet for repairs and spares.

• Like 6

Thanks to my lovely wife advising the rest of the family, I had a really good selection of RC goodies this year. She gave me a Spectrum DX5 Rugged TX with 5ch receiver, and organised that the rest of the family gave me a roof rack and spare tyre for my CC-02 Land Rover's display shell, a lighting kit for the Land Rover's runner shell, and a display shell, paint and decals for my Thunder Shot.

• Like 8

My wife asked me did i want anything for my cars i wouldnt buy now cause of the price or whatever. So I told her these kyosho aluminum hubs for my optima mid build. When I bought these a few years ago for my optima re re they were almost half the price as now. These 2 pieces now complete all the hop ups for my build. 
i also treated myself to a schumacher cougar classic from amain before they disappear again  

0300B859-09A8-4DF7-9BFB-BF621EA1972F.jpeg

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Kol__ said:

Nice! Just gave that a Google, looks decent!👍

Thanks. As far as I'm aware it's a rebranded Flysky GT-5. Reely is a brand of Conrad Electronic one of the oldest sellers of electronic products incl. RC technology.

• Like 2

Posted before that I was getting the DF-03, but also got these handy tools too.PXL_20221212_114916263.thumb.jpg.485f4bc626e8eefd4f02107105a224f3.jpg

PXL_20221225_160840180.jpg

• Like 10

Great to see such a variety of kits and hopups. Blackfoot, Lunchbox, DF-03, transmitters, top notch alloy parts, just awesome!😎

Also, glad I'm not the only one who furnished the wife with some ideas for people who asked what I might like😂

5 hours ago, Silver-Can said:

Gonna finally treat myself to one of those sonic cleaner thingy ma bobs for all the screws and nuts etc.

Cool, let us know how you get on with your research bud, and which one you plump for. I've been looking recently and the 3L ones look about right and aren't too pricey.

Nice @Willy iine, is this the one you've been looking for the carbon chassis parts for then?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Willy iine said:

I already knew, but officially today I got the F104 Pro2.  :D

IMG_2022-12-25-141529.jpg.f3d6b5d4f391fc1f5b62ec3866261ea1.jpg

What livery will you be going with? I'm guess not box.

2 hours ago, Aerobert said:

As far as I'm aware it's a rebranded Flysky GT-5.

I think so, it looks exactly the same as my GT-5 and on a German forum, it is said to be able to use Flysky RX.

• Like 1

Not from Santa but my Christmas build so only able to start it today although the body was done 3 weeks ago

aqOaAQL.jpg

Now what's going on is, the hotel my wife works at needs a janitor/watchman over the holiday. So I moved the whole family here for a staycation (even though it is less than 400 metres from home) while "working". I turned the conference room into our private playground with the Mini 4WD track, and my RC building workshop. I also used their Christmas tree to save me from setting one up at home. 🤣

• Like 7

Santa (well, technically, I) got my son this. 

2022-12-25_10-43-27

And, unbeknownst to all but him and me, there's another squirrelled away downstairs for me.

Body choice TBC. Have a super cheapie jeepie one on the way to get us started but annoyingly not here yet. I can imagine a scenario where we pile in to the build and I order something proper in quick time, but there's another scenario where the hols don't afford much building time anyway. I've also got a hard shell jeep one, but I'm kind of not sure why I bought it (well, I am, it was a cheap black Friday deal and I got carried away) since I don't really see us using that kind of thing, but we'll see. 

Sorry not Tamiya!

23 hours ago, Kol__ said:

And... not exactly a Christmas gift, but after much deliberation I've decided to build my NIB 2021 Top Force Evo. Partly because it comes with a pre-painted body and wing, and the weather is rubbish this time of year for spraying. And also I'd like a box kit build, which is a stark contrast to the many, many continuous, back to back restorations I've been doing over the last 5 months!

WNkxuNO.jpeg

👍

Kinda fancy a Top Force. Don't think the styling is for me as it comes but really like the look of the chassis a lot and have seen at least one aftermarket shell I liked very much. 

• Like 8

9 hours ago, BuggyDad said:

Kinda fancy a Top Force. Don't think the styling is for me as it comes but really like the look of the chassis a lot and have seen at least one aftermarket shell I liked very much. 

Yeah, I used to feel the same, even though it's such a classic Tamiya and very unique looking. For me it's the massive swoop up from the body to the top of the wing that threw me, however the look grows on you after a while. Now I think it's awesome😊

10 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

I turned the conference room into our private playground with the Mini 4WD track, and my RC building workshop. I also used their Christmas tree to save me from setting one up at home. 🤣

I thought the rooms in your photos on the other thread looked a bit different!😂 I was thinking it was unusual that you had such a large amount of unused floor space in your house when you have a couple of kids!😳🤣

31 minutes ago, Kol__ said:

I was thinking it was unusual that you had such a large amount of unused floor space in your house when you have a couple of kids!

Exactly the reason I jumped at the 'job' when asked. I didn't even care or discuss about the pay, I just want to move everyone in for the holidays! 🤣

dIYULt3.jpg

Now I even have space to run my SW-01, first time they are ran since building them a year ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm not getting anything RC this year....

I'm not getting anything RC this year....

Oh, an 'only needs a few parts' M05 for £20 you say?

Merry Christmas to me..🙄🎅🎄

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, alvinlwh said:

Exactly the reason I jumped at the 'job' when asked. I didn't even care or discuss about the pay, I just want to move everyone in for the holidays! 🤣

Result!!! 😁

15 hours ago, Elbowloh said:

Posted before that I was getting the DF-03, but also got these handy tools too.

Don't know if you know about/seen the rear diff mod for these, a must imo.

Did a vid a few weeks back- 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Elbowloh said:

What livery will you be going with? I'm guess not box.

I'm not sure yet, I don't know anything about the  F1 scene nor this chassis.  lol   Any suggestions where I should check out?  TIA!  

@Kol__ Yeah, I've been looking for the lower CF deck, but can't seem to source one.. the build will not happen for a few months so I will think of something by then.. I hope.. :ph34r:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Willy iine said:

I'm not sure yet, I don't know anything about the  F1 scene nor this chassis.  lol   Any suggestions where I should check out?  TIA!  

Painting the car red can increase the chance of a malfunction, and your subsequent decision making will also be negatively affected.

• Haha 4

So this year we did things a bit differently.  I gave my wife a list of various different things, with some descriptions of what they were and what I was planning to do with them.  This meant she basically had a say in what projects I work on next.

There were various bodies on the list, which would either dictate the direction my spare Element Enduro chassis would go, or determine my next big project build (after finishing the F150 tow truck).

So the great big box under the tree turned out to be this:

sm_PC260176.jpg

perhaps better visible in this shot of the tag:

sm_PC260177.jpg

A Proline Ford body to make the front half of a ramp truck.  Assuming I don't change my mind and throw it over the spare Element Enduro.

There was another box, which was surprisingly heavy, and when unwrapped it was this:

sm_PC260169.jpg

I've been wanting to do some kind of project with a tracked vehicle for a long time, but the only donor chassis I could find where those cheap robot projects, and I thought they might be too fragile for something that could be used in the woods or on a full crawler course.  Now I'm not really sure this will be 100% suitable out of the box, but with some new electronics and some mods to the tracks, it could be awesome.  Time will tell just how different it turns out from the original.

That said, I think it's a good-looking thing as standard.  It's got full LEDs, a steamy exhaust type system, and a clever electronics package that makes it fully driveable from a wheel transmitter.  I'll take it with me to a bash on Friday and see how it goes out in the open.

sm_PC260174.jpg

sm_PC260175.jpg

• Like 5