Sign in to follow this  
LongCatisReal

My first 2 builds TT-02 and FF-03

As a kid I had a TA-02 and after that a FF-01 just to stare at. 

Many years later I picked up a set and these are the results. 

TT-02 Audi quattro gr.b & FF-03 Opel Vectra JTCC

Both are tweaked with some nice leds ( I dislike the bright white ones but these look good ) 

the sets

Both amazing looking cars.  ( the TT-02 was a impulse buy & and FF-03 I bought afterwards because I always like the Opel Vectra from the FF-01 time ) 'was a hard find for me but got extremely lucky' 

Opel & Audi

Opel & Audi Back

The Opel is based on a street version without decals ( I have used no original decal of the set only window tape off and lights custom stickered from the inside ) 
The body has made so carefully in mind that if I do not like it I have everything to make it as it should be with the included set 'who knows' 

Lights front

Lights back

& Finally the chassis of these lovely cars 

Chassis 1
Chassis 2

The TT-02 is an amazing rally car, but even as a kid I remember the TA-02 was more of a buggy type with good parts on the set ( FF-01 also ) 
Did many runs and many things broke down, every time I improvised or upgraded what I could ( front steering links a weak point for harsh grippy rally ) 

The FF-03 did not go on a test drive yet ( I have had many alignment issues and rookie mistakes to fix ) 

the Opel I want to replicate
Tamiya ps-23 gun metal gray is used for the body with ps-5 black on top of that. 

Br

Longcat

• Like 4

Today I trimmed the body posts, might get different wheels so I can do some test runs on asphalt.

Side 1
Side 2
Front
Back

I am considering a modification on the chassis but I am not sure if it would fit. 

I want the ff04 evo style front suspensions and from what I see is that ff04 and xv01 share the same gearbox, would that be a fit on the ff03 ? this so I can add the damper stays in front. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LongCatisReal said:

Today I trimmed the body posts, might get different wheels so I can do some test runs on asphalt.

Side 1
Side 2
Front
Back

I am considering a modification on the chassis but I am not sure if it would fit. 

I want the ff04 evo style front suspensions and from what I see is that ff04 and xv01 share the same gearbox, would that be a fit on the ff03 ? this so I can add the damper stays in front. 

The FF04 evo and xv01 are very closely related, but neither parts would fit an ff03. Enjoy the pushrod suspension. It works really well 

3 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

The FF04 evo and xv01 are very closely related, but neither parts would fit an ff03. Enjoy the pushrod suspension. It works really well 

Thank you for the info, I would only try to change that bit for the esthetical / visual part in the future if I have a nice spot to display/place it. 

Br

Update on the life of my cars. 

FF-03  story = 1 day and the maiden voyage of the car I learn a really awful mistake, the suspension arm FR is flipped wrong ....  this mistake I overlooked and went mad on the alignment of the car ( It is just not right ) took me a while to realize and took its toll ( the body is aligned wrong ( drill holes ) 

I was really careful but even then .. so anyway hopefully I will find me 1 or 2 spare bodies for this one in the future. ( hard but doable )  

The ff-03 was extremely stable with mainly standard stuff

Most screws are replaced with a set I got from tamico ( ta05 maybe ) 
Spacers front only 
The car has more weight ( few extra ball joints front / experimental because I still want to swap ifs to ff-01 style )  plastic front sway from a xv-01 on the back ( reason is for a small camera stand and more stability in the back ) 
Sway bars front TA05 front blue   
Sway bars back DT-03 small one blue 
Tamiya TRF damper set 53571  yellow med / 500 oil med / 2 piston holes F&R ( they are not meant for this chassis originally, I went for the way it looks ) 
ESC TBLE-04S 
Servo Carson CS6 waterproof 
Absima Komplettrad onroad slicks ( glued on set ) I ruined 1 tyre with glue on my tt-02 
Custom dustcover on back arms  ( Found the idea here ) 
TA05 swingshafts 44 
I have semi slick 26mm tires but they did not go well with the body ( these will be better on the street but toss in more mess so I need inner spoilers / mudflaps before ) 

Other than few minor custom details its pretty much stock. 

I loved the drivestyle of this car, If I could get used to it and do it on a indoor or carpet it would be amazingly fast and stable, but I fear this one could tip over in this setup. 
I will see if I upgrade more for this car ( I only drove it 2 times outside where first one was 10 meters learning it would not drive in a straight line.  

The chassis is very sloppy ( steering rack needs a upgrade ) and few adjustments on all arms in front on the other hand rear is really tight 

I think for now the slop is good as where I gave the car full throttle it was not a complete smooth surface / asphalt. 

I might try a rc track in future but weirdly enough you need to be brought in by a member in most cases ( correct me if im wrong ) 

IMG_5162.JPG

IMG_5160.JPG

• Like 4