Sign in to follow this  
whahooo

Grasshopper/Hornet shocks

I´ve asked that in the past, but...

...are there any oilshocks for the Hornet Grasshopper?

I hope with the 1/24 boom, there will be some Oilshocks that would fit the Grasshopper directly.

There is video of a guy that uses CVA´s and the Grasshopper performs really well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvhSps_W4AA

I am building a GH2 right now and this is what the instructions show.

i5BAoSG.jpg

Basically just 70mm and 87mm 

I don't think that internal spring shocks in the front would destroy the character of the buggy.

I hust don't know how much mm i would need in the front and in the Back.

There are 60 mm shocks available as internal spring shocks

As far as I can tell when watching the slow-mo from that vid, the rear shocks aren't really moving at all. The distance between the top of the tyres and the wing seems to remain constant to me.

I think that the reasonably flat surface and the hornet-style tyres are making it seem to work when it actually isn't. That's how it looks to me anyway. The front is certainly moving quite a bit tho'.

If you change to GH2 wishbones you can use 50519 like in the instuctions Alwin posted. 50520 for the rear. I run 100cst oil and 3 hole pistons all round. The biggest difference/improvement came when I mounted Kyosho Scorpion wheels rear. The most hassle free solution will be Frog hex, Javelin wheels in preferred color and Scorpion tires. 

On 12/26/2022 at 1:28 PM, Fuijo said:

As far as I can tell when watching the slow-mo from that vid, the rear shocks aren't really moving at all. The distance between the top of the tyres and the wing seems to remain constant to me.

I think that the reasonably flat surface and the hornet-style tyres are making it seem to work when it actually isn't. That's how it looks to me anyway. The front is certainly moving quite a bit tho'.

That was my thought watching it too, it doesn't seem all that much different than a normal factory setup, and it's not being pushed very hard on that easy surface.

Converting a Grasshopper to the Hornet style rear end makes a bigger difference than front oilshocks in my experience.

I doubt any 1/24 shocks would be strong enough to support the front of the car. Maybe some touring car shocks would work with the GH2 arms as suggested above.