lsear2905

What's your proudest 2022 RC achievement, and what's your 2023 RC goal?

Proudest RC achievment of 2022? Restoring an original Grasshopper, it gave me the guts to open up transmissions, work on gears, and showed me that even slow RCs can be fun.

My goal for 2023 is to just build a fresh kit (vs rebuilding used stuff).

• Like 3

On 12/30/2022 at 10:48 AM, Kol__ said:

Achievement

My custom builds. Having only returned to the hobby a little over a year ago in Sept 2021, I quite quickly found myself exercising some creative desires through RC and thoroughly enjoyed the process, if a little exhausting at times...

fGJJJmB.jpeg

TwUFnde.jpeg

1o6Udcl.jpeg

Honourable mention

In an honest and non cheesy/sucky way, to the welcoming community in general and the friends I've made here at TC I say thank you👍👏 In any hobby I've had over the past 20 years finding the right forum to share stories, experience and knowledge has always been key to furthering the enjoyment of the hobby. And this wasn't the first RC forum I came across, but it quickly became the one I settled in with. The community here is amazing, unique, kind, happy to share and not to shame. Well done all for helping create such a great forum! With special mention to the below chaps -

@Sgt.Speirs @Grumpy pants @Frog Jumper @GeeWings @Muso31 @Jonathon Gillham @BuggyDad @Goudar @Willy iine @J@mes @Frankster @matisse

Goal for 2023

To finish up on the mass of restorations I've accumulated and move them on, so I can free up some space and time to work on my own collection of cars, kits and planned creative builds🙂

@Kol__ You are a gent 👍

• Thanks 1

About time I offered a response on this thread.

Proudest Achievement:

Getting back into the hobby after 30 years away and making my Madcap into the car younger me would have loved it to be. @Kol__ was a great encouragement (bad influence). It makes no sense to have a Madcap with a build cost like mine must have reached, but I've loved every minute of it. :)

y4myuCTXs_wHP6V06HobAcaY2D9boDVj10kpd0PS

Honourable Mention:
It was the re-(re-?)-release of the Avante Black that drew me back in; I vaguely followed Avante releases, knowing I'd always wanted one. I loved building mine and adding my own stamp, but it's not actually my honourable mention. Because I knew the Avante release was such that I might not actually land one, I bought and built a Top Force Evo as a "just-in-case" car. It was the build I made before I decided I wanted to recover and rebuild my Madcap. And to top that, it's a really nice car to drive, Initially nowhere near the fun of the Madcap - down on power on grass and for whatever reason actually pretty bad agility out of the box (or how I built it) - but now well sorted. I love driving it because it doesn't matter if I crash it. Turn the EPA down and the kids can drive it. They are not allowed to drive the Madcap.

y4mFEeSOURsPKb3trCccm6m_sejvSrBMYix4DnVk

Oh - and all of the forum encouragement stuff that Kol__ said....

2023 Goals

This year I'm going to get out and meet people. I'll be at the RC Kicks meet, though I know that'll be a weird one and any normal person will just go to a regular race meet. I also fancy running a crawler. No I have no experience.

I'm also going to drag the kids into the hobby. Late last year I picked up a couple of ebay bargains: a pre-crashed Rising Fighter the older child currently wants to use (they'll figure that out in short order) ; a fire hazard Thunder Tiger Phoenix STII that I've swapped all the electrics out of and slammed a buggy body on for the younger child. They're fixed up now and ready to run (against the TFE :)) at the local mini bmx track. Then I can teach them about repairs :D

• Like 4

10 hours ago, naturbo2000 said:

@Kol__ was a great encouragement (bad influence). It makes no sense to have a Madcap with a build cost like mine must have reached, but I've loved every minute of it. :)

Hey, you only needed the gentlest of encouragement to move forward with that resto!😂 And she's a beauty😎

Good luck getting the kids involved, sounds like fun!👍👍