matisse

Help me pick my next project

im back! Again…..

yup, so I’m back and focussing on the real enjoyment I get from the hobby, the builds.

With that In mind, help me pick what I should build next.

TT-02BR 

BB-01 BBX

Madcap

TL-01B

• Like 2

Welcome back bud!🥳

Well I'm totally biased, as it's one of my favs, but I say Madcap! Is it a NIB build or a restoration?

Overall, I guess it would help to clarify the destiny of each build... shelfer? runner? And if they are to be built to run, when and how often?

How about a old nib kit? Depends on whats your fancy.

A few touring car kits on eBay 

1 hour ago, Kol__ said:

Welcome back bud!🥳

Well I'm totally biased, as it's one of my favs, but I say Madcap! Is it a NIB build or a restoration?

Overall, I guess it would help to clarify the destiny of each build... shelfer? runner? And if they are to be built to run, when and how often?

No destiny, its all about the build. 

Resto or NIB, not bothered, more about which buggy to work on.

• Confused 1

44 minutes ago, svenb said:

How about a old nib kit? Depends on whats your fancy.

A few touring car kits on eBay 

Not my thing, TC kits just don’t do it for me. 

1 hour ago, BuggyDad said:

Do we know what the BB-01 BBX is yet? Hopefully, I vote for that.... 

I was hoping that tamiya would let us know soon….

As you enjoy the build process I'd avoid the more basic kits as it will be done in a flash.

So how about something more complex - CR01 springs to mind! Probably the most complex non TRF kit you can find without straying into truck or tank territory!

Edit: will these be box stock builds or modified?

2 hours ago, BuggyGuy said:

As you enjoy the build process I'd avoid the more basic kits as it will be done in a flash.

So how about something more complex - CR01 springs to mind! Probably the most complex non TRF kit you can find without straying into truck or tank territory!

Edit: will these be box stock builds or modified?

Tempting but im a buggy guy, and for sure it will be modified in some way. All my builds are.

The BB01 is my pick from those as even if its basic it'll be the first time you've seen one.

Have you got a DB01? Durga kits are available at the moment and you can still get hop ups to build to a decent spec. I found the DB01 to be one of the best builds of all due to quality of parts and its different to most others. Also, you get a decent performer at the end of it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

The BB01 is my pick from those as even if its basic it'll be the first time you've seen one.

Have you got a DB01? Durga kits are available at the moment and you can still get hop ups to build to a decent spec. I found the DB01 to be one of the best builds of all due to quality of parts and its different to most others. Also, you get a decent performer at the end of it.

This is where my heart is leaning. If the BB01 is lack lustre, then grab a DB01

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 7:50 AM, matisse said:

im back! Again…..

yup, so I’m back and focussing on the real enjoyment I get from the hobby, the builds.

With that In mind, help me pick what I should build next.

TT-02BR 

BB-01 BBX

Madcap

TL-01B

If you have tl-01b or madcap do those!

• Like 1

I really enjoy the building most of all too, especially when I'm treading new ground. If its all about the build experience what about looking for something that you have never done before? Get a completely new build challenge/learning experience out of it?

For me that could mean trying to get working lights or sound into my next build or maybe some secondary movement like a winch or gun turret or something.

• Like 1