tamiya_1971

Schumacher tire question

I was talking to a friend of mine last week about some old Schumacher square block off road tires we would us on our RC10s and JRX2s to use on the asphalt.   These things were phenomenal tires, hard rubber, gripped really well, and never seemed to wear out as quickly as the pro-lines.   

I started looking around again, and found these:

https://www.racing-cars.com/wheels-tyres/off-road-tyres/block-rear-tyres-blue-cat-pr-t692?returnurl=%2fsearch%3fq%3dblock%2bblue

Does anyone know if these are similar to the ones that were around 30+ years ago? (maybe no one has any recollection of tires that far back :) )They look like they are the same. I may just order some when they are back in stock. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, graemevw said:

I still have some of the old ones, the new ones look the same. They will be 2.0".

Excellent! Thank you!

1 hour ago, tamiya_1971 said:

Does anyone know if these are similar to the ones that were around 30+ years ago?

Yep, 

They've 3 different treads in 2" , mini spike, full spike and those blocks.

You can get the blocks in the softer, but grippier 'yellow' compound (but wear out quicker).

Also, they do fit on a 2.2" modern wheel, but if you want to run the 4wd fronts, on 2.2" 4wd front wheels, you need to flip them inside out, and trim a bit off the lip.

2020-05-19_12-05-33

2020-05-19_12-06-53

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1